Main Menu

I made a Beastlord on Quarm

Started by Illiyana, July 18, 2016, 09:43:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zorthaz

Epic complete!!!  Put a DoT aug in the off hand claw and now self buffed I am getting 190% haste.  I also dinged 68 last night and actually stayed up late enough to get 40% into level.  The plan is still to get to 70 then go 100% AA.

-Z-
Savage Lord Zorthaz - 110 - Scaled Wolf herder - Tunare

Illiyana

~Illiyana Wolfmother~

Zorthaz

We managed to get one, minor spell rune for the group last night.  I hit 69 and managed to get 20% into level.  It is sad how fast the OOW named eat up the level 64 pet. The prism skin recourse didn't become available for pets until PoR.  The plan is to hit 70 this weekend and grind out some more runes.

-Z-

Illiyana

As for Spell Runes, I have used 0 Minor, 3 Lesser, and and 2 of the 68th level ones. We have moved our group to Ruined City of Dranik for a change of pace.  Most of the other drops still are not as good as Flawed Defiant,but I did manage to get 2 good items out of it

Tome of Forceful Projection

Barbed Knuckleblade of Brutishness

~Illiyana Wolfmother~

Zorthaz

Very nice weapon...I always love the lifetaps.  Hit level 70 on Friday night and have been grinding AAs and trying to get runes to drop.  Lots of named and no runes, but I did get a 10 ac aug.

-Z-

Illiyana

I got another new weapon, this time from MPG.  The named is a pain to get to, all the way on the north edge of the map by the Projection of Mind.  Note, the Hammer is NOT No Drop.  We killed the named several times and it never dropped the hammer for me, I camp for the night and a friend got 3 of them, giving me one:

~Illiyana Wolfmother~

Zorthaz

Yeah, we are using the no "no drop" stuff to our advantage.  For instance we have 4 pet classes in the group. after a wipe we pass around the Sphere of Swirling Flame (pet focus) when we summon our pets.  So far I have won the roll on one minor rune and got the pet heal.  We had a cleric join our guild and we are trying to get him leveled up.  We took him to PoJ and did the trial of execution and got him flagged for PoV and PoS.  He managed to ding 57 last night.

On the AA front I have gotten Feral Swipe, Ambidexterity, and 4 levels of Beastial Frenzy.  I also did the first few levels of Finishing Blow to speed up the solo AA rate.  The 21K finishing blows actually save me mana.

-Z-

Illiyana

I made 70th level a couple nights ago, and thanks to farming the named in MPG, I was able to get Spiritual Ascendance, and my 70th level pet.

I do not have much in the way of AA's yet, but now I am going full AA.

We did spend  one evening in Infected Paw, and a nice Beastlord let me loot a Haste item:

~Illiyana Wolfmother~

Zorthaz

Has everyone completed all the group trials?  I have noticed it is getting harder and harder to get MPG trial groups together.  If you get a group that has to learn the event you could easily wrap up 4-5 hours getting a single trial done.  On one trial we went through 4 tanks, 3 clerics and 1 rogue, to get the right synergy to finally beat the trial.

-Z-

Illiyana

We have only completed Fear so far.  We tried Destruction last night and I think we have a DPS problem for that trial.  We didn't do too bad for our first run at it, we were at 2 minutes left when I had 3 on me and dropped, then everyone else fell soon after. I think tonight we are gonna try the one with the chests. 

Our group is currently BST, NEC, MAG, CLR, ENC, and DRU.  I think we would be better of using a DPS class rather than the DRU, but that is my wife, so..... ;)
~Illiyana Wolfmother~

Zorthaz

You are aware that the named are 1700+ hitters right?  The named in the chest mission powers up as he get closer to death.  I think he was a 2500 hitter by the end.  We were lucky we had a SK tank that took him out at the end with HT.

-Z-

Zorthaz

I always love the non-standard groups that work.  I did the trial of destruction with two SKs, one PAL, one Druid, one Mage, and of course one BST.  The Druid didn't have any healing spells past level 64.  I am not sure what was going on that night because normally you can't find a tank.  I was actually turning away more SKs with 3 tanks already in the group!

-Z-

Illiyana

We just completed Ingenuity with a Mage, a Necro, 2 Beasties, a Cleric, and a Druid.  We never bothered with the weapons and just chain cast pets until it died.

~Illiyana Wolfmother~

Illiyana

Wow, finally finished.  I got bored with it and had to take a break for a few weeks, but with EoK out, I thought I had better finish this. 
~Illiyana Wolfmother~

Zorthaz