Main Menu

I made a Beastlord on Quarm

Started by Illiyana, July 18, 2016, 09:43:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Illiyana

Yeah we saw the spell issue, I guess we all will have to start farming named in OoW.  I am only 61, I spend some time doing non-grinding, like starting the Epic, getting the Goranga Idol, farming cash for spell, etc.

It looks like Mana Preservation V may not be attainable at 70th level unless you raid, and Summon's Boon is either the Takish-Hiz weapon aug, or off a 70th level mob in Bloodfields.  I remember the aug took me forever the first time.  We tried a Tak adventure at 60th and got 34 coins, when you need 760, the is gonna get boring.

~Illiyana Wolfmother~

Zorthaz

Great minds think alike: I started working on 1.0 yesterday.  I got the copper medal of war from Grimling Forrest and completed the scout battle in Feerott.  I could not find any of the other scouts up.  There is another pet focus available to groupers in OOW and it comes RS - Balancer Relik  http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=33027
Savage Lord Zorthaz - 110 - Scaled Wolf herder - Tunare

Illiyana

Good catch on the EM item, I also recall there being a good AC aug in RS, but I forget who drops it. 

~Illiyana Wolfmother~

Zorthaz

I got two more scouts completed and dinged 63.  My Druid dinged 64.  GE can be a cruel mistress when you forget which rooms contain raid mobs. ;-)

-Z-

Illiyana

lol!  I have so far been unsuccessful finding the Scouts up and having friends ready to go.  We also took a few nights off to try Death Death Death back on our home server.  We can get to Phara Dar, but then run out of time.  We are only 62 and hunting in Nobles' Causeway so we can get a jump on the Runes. 
~Illiyana Wolfmother~

Zorthaz

My Druid and I dinged 66 over the weekend.  Our Paladin tank dinged 67 and with a pickup cleric we were able to handle the WoS camp closest to the NC zone line.  We successfully took down named, other then Shadowhunter, and managed to score two runes for the group.  One minor (66) and one lesser (67) dropped off the named.  At 66 GE is pretty much all light blue, but still OK exp if you can get a fast killing group.

-Z-

Illiyana

I got lucky last night and was able to get 3 Scouts done, Ferrott, Lesser Fay, and Stonebrunt.  I think we have 4 Lesser Runes,but are still only 62. 
~Illiyana Wolfmother~

Illiyana

Okay, Flawed Defiant is getting old, have you started getting any new equipment yet?  I was hoping for a Waning Light Katar, but I am not sure doing the PoP progression is a good use of time if there are other BST items we can get in OoW and or GoD.  Riftseeker's Sanctum is looking good, but we would need to be closer to 70 first.
~Illiyana Wolfmother~

Zorthaz

Still using the gear they gave us.  The best gear we can get drops in the MPG trials.  1.5 would be awesome if you could pull it off.  I haven't had anything drop that was better then what I am wearing so far.  I think the earring that dropped in WoS was an upgrade for the casters.  I still have an empty range slot to fill.  All of the gear that drops is being turned in for tribute and I am running max mana regen, max accuracy, and max AC.

-Z-

Zorthaz

my BST and DRU both dinged 67 last night.  My luck at getting named to spawn just stinks.  I haven't checked out GE at 67, but I am willing to bet it is going green.

PS. ...all done with the first 6 scouts.  Now waiting in Timorous Deep for the scout to spawn.

-Z-

Illiyana

I am currently half way through 64.  We can get the named to spawn, they are just being stingy with the Runes.  Last night I got a RANGE slot item from NC, Blazing Fire Crystal:  http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=31898

I have now got 4 of the 6 Scouts, I am still waiting on Permafrost and SoNH.

~Illiyana Wolfmother~

Zorthaz

GE is still light blue at 67.  Parsed my logs to see my DPS.  With the original weapons, 12/20 HTH and 10/19 pierce, and the original 26% haste belt, pet with mage weapons and haste mask, was averaging 172 DPS with an average 82 dmg hit.
This is with no offensive AA. and the data was compiled over several hours of fights in GE.

I upgraded my main hand to 17/23 with a 70 dmg proc and moved the 12/20 HTH to the off hand.  I looked at the parse for the new setup and I am now averaging 173 DPS with an average hit of 84 dmg.  The data was for several hours in GE.  I think this second set of data might be tainted a little bit as I was doing all the pulling and since the group was killing faster I was having longer pulls getting mobs.  If I took any dmg on the pull, the time I was running back to the group (spamming pet back off) was added to the fight time with no damage to the mob being done.

Mana regen is such a PITA...one tip I will pass on is before I leave POK I buff which usually empties the mana bar and then you have to sit in POK and wait for it to refill.  Right before I start buffing I pop POS.  Since you ar still in POK, the POS buff doesn't fade until you leave the zone.  It helps to speed up the recovery from buffing and getting to the EXPing.

-Z-

Zunar

I bought the rss claws for 5k in the bazaar..
Mainly soloing GE still for AAs at level 65.
I put tribute on mana regen but it seems to cap us at 15 mana regen worn cap unless you bought some expansive mind AAs.
Exp is still decent...just gonna keep grinding AAs a while myself.
Our poison dot is great dps when soloing but abit mana heavy :)
Thinking of trying out infected paw zone next.

Zorthaz

Nice score the the RSS claws. They were priced around $20K last I checked.  I finished the Epic TD fight(s) and completed the item collections.  I am hoping to knock out the final fight this week.

-Z-

Illiyana

I hit 67 last night.  Our group has been farming named in Nobles' Causeway for spell runes.  Our group is a Beastlord, Druid, Necro, Mage, Cleric, and Enchanter.  Thanks to KEI and Beastcrack we don't have mana issues, but with all these spell casters, we need lots of runes.  I chose to forgo 66th level spell runes for the others to use, but I am going to need 3 of the 67th level ones so I can get SV. I have been holding off working too much on AAs so I could get to 68 as soon as possible and get the pet spell, then I will switch to AAs.

As for weapons, I am still using Defiant, except for 2HB, I was able to get a Redhorn Mace from NC:  http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=31547

Minor Muramite Rune - Level 66
Lesser Muramite Rune - Level 67
Muramite Rune - Level 68
Greater Muramite Rune - Level 69
Glowing Muramite Rune - Level 70 Normals
Ancient Muramite Rune - Level 70 Ancients

Beastlord
66 - Healing of Mikkily, Chimera Blood
67 - Muada's Mending, Focus of Alladnu, Spiritual Vitality
68 - Growl of the Beast, Spirit of Alladnu, Spirit of Irionu
69 - Spiritual Ascendance, Feral Vigor, Glacier Spear, Feral Guard
70 - Sha's Legacy, Spirit of Rashara, Ferocity of Irionu, Festering Malady