Main Menu

Phinigel Beastlords

Started by Garmr, September 13, 2016, 09:34:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Garmr

Started on Phinny a couple of months ago, knowing I was going to roll my beastlord once Luclin dropped. Have a well geared 60 cleric now waiting to help him grow. It's been a long, long time since Ive played EQ in general and am trying to remember once Luclin goes live what goals I should set, quest wise. What should I be looking to do (other than level) off the bat. Earring of Solstice is one I remember, that's on the list, basic gearing of course (Ive got a toon holding a full set of pretty good gear for him as is). So, quests, Im looking for ones that will help him and Im also trying to remember the AA path to take. I know there is a whole AA section here but they all seem geared toward and include xpacs past SoL. I'll be grouping then raiding for the most part but with my cleric box, Ill be grinding AA's duo when I need too. Another good point, anyone remember decent duo AA grind spots? I vaguely recall a long entrance way into some zone I cant remember and pulling mushroom looking guys all day, getting pretty good AA xp that way.

Going to try and stay away from paludal etc while leveling as I imagine theyll be packed and just a pain in the ass to get a camp and plan on leveling in out of the way spots, Permafrost to start, any suggestion there would be great too. Stupid excited to play my beastlord again!

Thanks,
Garmr

Illiyana

How about the "Vah Shir Citizenship" quest line.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=1452

I did it as a Barbarian, so you don't have to be a Vah Shir.  If I recall correctly, there is a point where one of the quest items it tradable.  Just make a new kitty cat, and have them start the quest and give the item to your Beastlord, and then you can progress from that point.

~Illiyana Wolfmother~

Garmr

Fantastic, just the sort of thing I was looking for. Thanks Il.

Illiyana

Perhaps the mushroom were at the entrance to The Deep from Echo Caverns?

http://www.allakabor.com/eqatlas/thedeep.html

~Illiyana Wolfmother~

Garmr

It was outside iirc, masonry type entrance to the zone I was pulling to , kinda like the entrance to ToV is in western wastes. Maybe DSP....I'll have to dig around.

Illiyana

You are correct, that is Dawnshroud Peaks, just outside the zone entrance to Netherbian Lair, and hang a left.
~Illiyana Wolfmother~

Zorthaz

Could also be pulling shrooms from the left ruins as you come out of GE into DSP.

-Z-
Savage Lord Zorthaz - 110 - Scaled Wolf herder - Tunare

jomsnoms

Fellow Phinny beast here, I was going to look for something along the lines of an AA guide.

I have to get MGB and Paragon asap for raids but after that I am not really sure.  As I will be raiding a fair bit I guess HP will be a good bet Natural durability etc,  then I was thinking for dps ambidexterity, crits etc as a full offensive aa build.  I wont be grouping outside of raiding much so defensive  for offtank etc doesn't seem optimal until I get all the dps stuff out the way.

Zorthaz

You might try looking through the library, in the old AA section.  There is some information there about AA paths to take and which order to get AA.  Most of the deeper discussion starts with the GoD expansion AAs.

-Z-
Savage Lord Zorthaz - 110 - Scaled Wolf herder - Tunare

Garmr

Never really found a good AA guide here as it relates to Phinny. I just sat down while having the AA window open and choose what I thought best for "me", keeping in mind I have a 60 cleric I can box/duo with when LFG.

Paragon then MGB are first of course, then I'm going CA, CS etc etc.. AA are really fast on phinny (compared to back in the day) so I'm not sweating it. Should max SoL AA by the time PoP comes along no problem.

Who's your beast on phinny?

Garmr

Still banging away on Phinigel, man I really forgot how much I loved my Beastlord. The addiction is certainly back and strong.....Can not wait for PoP!

Wirehog

I wish I had have made the start of the Luclin launch - I would have loved to relive those glory days of playing my Beastlord. I'd probably be hitting 60 as PoP launched though lol

Kingov

In regards to AA's, here's what I've started out with as a VahShir Beastlord on Phinny (not necessarily in order)
Innate metabolism3
MGB
Paragon
Run3
Ambidexterity
Combat Fury
Fury of Magic
SCR4
Pet Discipline (/pet hold)
Physical Enhancement
Hobble of Spirits

Ones i'm looking at going forward:
Destructive Fury
Body/Mind Rejuvination
Natural Healing
Mental Clarity
Kingov Dabeasts
Khati Sha of 60 seasons
<Sad Dragons> of Phinigel

Garmr

Quote from: Kingov on December 30, 2016, 06:28:49 PM
Ones i'm looking at going forward:
Destructive Fury
Body/Mind Rejuvination
Natural Healing
Mental Clarity

Before you do those I would suggest you do Healing adept and Healing mastery next, especially with lifetap augs coming soon to a beastlord near you!

Kingov

Thanks for the input, I'll put those on the list!  :-)
Kingov Dabeasts
Khati Sha of 60 seasons
<Sad Dragons> of Phinigel