Main Menu

EoK Lifetap Procs

Started by Zorthaz, January 15, 2017, 03:47:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zorthaz

Hello all,

I don't know if you were as excited as I was to try out the new EoK weapons with their huge lifetap procs, but the reality is not so rosey.  From a DPS stand point, they look like a win with 8K critical hits.  The problem comes from the actual lifetap return.  Since it is a percentage return you can't crit heal the return.  I have been testing Envy of the Dead.  I one handed piercing weapon 117/19  with Lifedraw I.  Lifedraw I hits for up to 1400 and returns 1000.  1000 is all you ever get, even if the weapon crits for 8K.

With an older raid weapon with Vampiric Strike XI I am getting 13K double crit heals and 5K single crit heals.  The amount of healing you get from the EoK weapons is pathetic and I actually ended up accidentally killing myself in the guild hall testing on a dummy when the healing from the EoK weapon could not offset the dmg from our 96 poison DoT.

My next task is to pull some data to compare proc rates.  It looks like the proc rate for the EoK weapons is only 50-75% of previous weapons.  Hopefully my data will back this up.
-Z-

Savage Lord Zorthaz - 110 - Scaled Wolf herder - Tunare

Zorthaz

Here is the quick data:

RoF Staff of the Demented = 8 Procs/Minute
TDS Voracious = 9.8 Procs/Minute
TBM Fist of the Stranger = 9.6 Procs/Minute
EoK Captain's Fang = 7.8 Procs/Minute
EoK Envy of the Dead = 8 Procs/Minute

-Z-
Savage Lord Zorthaz - 110 - Scaled Wolf herder - Tunare

Wreckage

Interesting! Thanks for testing and posting. Ill be interested to see how some of the other weapons work out.