Main Menu

An epic request phinigel help plz.

Started by demorock, September 26, 2017, 12:47:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

demorock

So im playing on phinigel and with oow out and my 1.5 done im trying to de the An epic request quest for the 1.0 ornament but I don't know if im missing somthing I have to kill 2 66 guards then 3 66 guards then 2 69 caster and 1 70 cast i can get past the guards use my epic 1.5 cus it takes them to 50% instantly but the casters rek me drain all my mana befor I can even kill one I have looked all over for som info but its scares and not helpful so now im trying here plz if you have any info on this let me know thank in advance.

ps sry for the spelling

Zorthaz

I did these at lvl 100, so I didn't notice any mana drain.  Here is the best information I could find about the event:

https://special.eqresource.com/anepicrequestbeastlord.php

Savage Lord Zorthaz - 110 - Scaled Wolf herder - Tunare

demorock

I don't know it might be the lvl but I would assume that the level of mobs scale. Yes I all ready knew about that site but it doesn't really mention any specifics other then what u have to fight. The casters Mana drain me rooted me and put a nasty dot on me as well.

But thx for your replay I appreciate any attempt to help

Zorthaz

Sounds like we need to come up with a strategy to get you past this point.  You seem to be able to handle multiple mobs.  You had to kill 2 guards and then 3 guards.  What do these mobs con to you?  What is the room like where you get attacked by the priests?  Is there any geometry you can take advantage of to block spells?  Do you have your temp pet spell?  When you get to the priests, do you have any discs available?  Can you burn one priest down?  Do you have any veteran AAs available to you?  The steadfast servant would rock in that situation.  What potions are available?  There is a claw that procs wandering mind that is a mana tap which takes their mana and gives it to you.  Your old friend Flash of Light can be used to split up mobs if you have some room.  Can you chain cast warders? 

Tell me more about the event and what you have available to you and I am sure we can come up with a workable strategy.  I have a 70 BST that I can test with.
-Z-

Zorthaz

I found this:
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=6791

Look at the level range they list:

Level:   100
Maximum Level:   105
Monster Mission:   No
Repeatable:   Yes
Can Be Shrouded?:   No
Quest Type:   Task
Quest Goal:
Experience
Loot
Success Lockout Timer: 20:00:00

-Z-

demorock

Quote from: Zorthaz on September 27, 2017, 06:37:01 PM
Sounds like we need to come up with a strategy to get you past this point.  You seem to be able to handle multiple mobs.  You had to kill 2 guards and then 3 guards.  What do these mobs con to you?  What is the room like where you get attacked by the priests?  Is there any geometry you can take advantage of to block spells?  Do you have your temp pet spell?  When you get to the priests, do you have any discs available?  Can you burn one priest down?  Do you have any veteran AAs available to you?  The steadfast servant would rock in that situation.  What potions are available?  There is a claw that procs wandering mind that is a mana tap which takes their mana and gives it to you.  Your old friend Flash of Light can be used to split up mobs if you have some room.  Can you chain cast warders? 

Tell me more about the event and what you have available to you and I am sure we can come up with a workable strategy.  I have a 70 BST that I can test with.
-Z-

The event is hard to explain buy ill try im on time locked prog server at omens of war so I dont have temp pet all i have is the lvl 70 spells released in oow the event take's away you pet I have all vent aa's but u can not summon any pets tryed the servent but the camara just shakes and give's a msg abut u getting rekt in pain

the room has no place to los and the casters are leached so u cant kill them out of range of the high priest also u cant do dmg to the high priest til the 2 caster adds are dead.

the caster ads are lvl 69 and the high priest is lvl 70 I burnd all veteran aa's on the casters + healing pot and ds pot but the root summon dot and mana drain rek me im full tacvi gear about 11k hp self buffed and 300ish all resist

So I might go back and try it one's i have som aguish gear. But the best way to see would be to check out the event your self :D

Zorthaz

OK I went in and checked it out on a 70 bst wearing a mix of Abysmal Sea quest gear, some tacvi gear, and group OOW gear.  I was surprised it let me pop out my merc.  Not only do you have to contend with the 2 spiritulists and the high priest but also a bunch of ritualist skellies.   I managed to kill one spiritualist and get the other to 42% before my merc was dead and I was beatin down by the 6 skellies and High Priest on me.  The second try I stayed inside the doorway and dotted the spiritualists, but eventually, they summoned me.  Same result managed to kill one spiritualist and got the other to 50% before all the mobs beating on me and the merc killed us.

Third time was the charm... Put merc on efficient and stay back by the doorway.  Kill all the ritualists you can.  I think there were only 2 left when the spiritualist began to summon my merc. At that point I dived in and burned one of the spiritualists.  I made sure to switch off and burn ritualists if they end up on the merc.  After the first spiritualist is dead, hit PoS and take out the second spiritualist.  The high priest poofed before I finished killing the second spiritualist.  Heal the merc if you have to keep him up.  I think the mana drain is in proximity to the High Priest.  I didn't start losing mana until I engaged the spiritualists.  I think the ritualists are timed, but I still ran over them trying to get them to pop up so I could kill them.

-Z-

demorock

Snappy

I have done this fight a few times on Phinny and the trick is to kill the skeleton adds when you need heals and just kill the 2 mobs with the high priest they are linked with him so when they are both dead the priest will die too

Zorthaz

Yeah, this will be significantly harder without the merc.  I did keep a cure disease loaded so I could quickly remove the dot they place on you.  I don't think there is any time constraint on this event.  I will have to give it a go without a merc and see how I fare.

-Z-

demorock

Ah so killing the skellys heals you now that helps :D ty