Main Menu

Restarting advice request

Started by Kanan, August 27, 2020, 05:21:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kanan

I'm going to be getting back into it soon. Plan to take back my account my dad has kept going since I retired from EQ almost 10 years ago, in Underfoot, Underhill, whatever that expansion was. I need some advice on things, as I know my old playstyle was meh. I used to be almost exclusively keyboard play, with mouse rarely used. I'm intending to shift to mouse and kb, but would like some feedback on macros, key bindings, interface skins, etc that folks use nowadays. I'm prolly going to run a new toon for a little bit, just to relearn the game and how to play. But I'm getting a bit excited to play again. So feedback and advice would be awesome. To regauge yall on how things were when I left: we didn't have fd, or fade, or much agro dump at all. So I'm glad to have those options nowadays.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Zorthaz

Kanan,

I would start by looking at the Heroic Beastlord info here: https://beastlords.org/index.php?topic=30890.0  Hopefully there is enought there to get you started.  When I came back after a 3 year hiatus I started in Hot Zones that were light blue to me.  That way I could get back into the swing of things with dying every few minutes.

The number 1 change is our warders can now hold agro with you in agro range.  There are a few exceptions on certain missions, but 99.9% of the time in the group game this holds true.  You can molo effectively with a DPS merc and healing your pet.

Number 2 on the hit parade, we now have FD, in fact we have 2 versions.  The first version gives you instant aggro drop and the second one requires you to "stay down" for a while until aggro clears.  I put both of them on the same macro.  If the fast fade version activates, it blocks second (slow fade) version.  If the fast version is in cool down it will still activate the second (slow fade) version.

Number 3 is there has been a ton of AA consolidation over the last few expansions.  It can make it hard to find the AA ability that use to do be called something else.  Finding the Companion's Relocation AA so you can make a hot key can be challenging.  Feel free to ask questions here on in the discord channel.
-Z-
Savage Lord Zorthaz - 110 - Scaled Wolf herder - Tunare