Main Menu

Velk's Lab - smallest group to do it

Started by Yiktiki, August 03, 2004, 09:48:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yiktiki

Has anyone mustered up their courage and a rezzing cleric to try this fight out?  I am wanting to get that mega long quested FT tunic for my Druid and he is one of 2 difficult targets that keep me from being able to solo/duo the whole thing.

Whats the least I can get by with in trying to take him down?  Do you think he is single groupable?  Less with the right classes?

What is the smallest group that has managed to take him down?
Starlighte - Tauren Druid - Level 70
Misscreant - Blood Elf Warlock - Level 70
Kilrogg Server

RETIRED
Elder Yiktiki Tumbo - Feral Lord
Starlighte Starbrighte - Pocket Druid
Luclin Server

Sempai

Depends upon your gear and which target you are going for in there.

I know that a SK and Druid from my guild took out Velk as a duo. We just got access to Txveu (sp?), and I know it was done about 2 weeks before we finally beat Noq. This is the smallest group I have heard of doing it in my guild. I do know that they pulled Velk to the zone line to pull it off.

I 2 box a druid, but have not tried this one yet so I lack the info from a beastlord side. You can look at my gear as an idea of how well equipped these toons were. Both have comparable gear to mine.
Sempai
Malus Imperium
Tholuxe Paells

Ekss

I've done this fight with just over a single group, for the same quest you're talking about.
I can't remember the exact make-up, but it was something like (all level 65s):
Warrior
Druid x 2
Enchanter
Beastlord (me!)
Bard
Cleric
At the point we did it (a while ago now), the warrior was probably around 8-9k buffed, and the other classes were just averagely bazaar-equipped.
We ended up pulling all the mobs in Velk's room (unintentionally, I might add :)) and it was a pretty close fight but we did it.

I'm sure if you could single pull him it would be fairly trivial, even if equipment wasn't that great.
Ekss Vyxl
71 Beastlord, Povar

Nonposter

I have done Velk with 3 Mages, 1 Bst (me) and a Cleric. We just chained pets. My Pet and I offtanked the adds until they died, then added my pet onto the Velk chain. Cleric healed me like 3 times, the only 3 spells she cast. Only spells Mages cast were pets on Velk.

I never went below 60m with KEI/SD/FT3 and I chain casted nukes on the adds until they died. Only casting I did when chaining pets was to summon the pet itself (then mana stayed at 95+).

This is unbelieveabley easy with 3-4 pets if you can handle the adds. If you could single pull and kill them without pulling Velk it would be even easier. We got the whole room when we pulled the first one, so we just took care of business. Think Seru banishment fights, its almost that easy.
- nonposter