Main Menu

What are beastlords "best" at, what defines our cl

Started by Toiler, August 05, 2004, 11:31:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seizelia

CLS       AC    SHLD AVD   DB      DI      AVG     MIT%   ATKS   HIT% MISS% BLK% DDG% PRY%  RIP% | DMG
RNG   1728    2%    10    100   22.1  292.1  59.5    2359   48.5   43.5    NA      4.2      6.0     4.0    | 141.7
BST   1432    0%    25    102   22.1  320.0  53.3    2119    47.8    41.9   10.2    3.7      NA     4.0    | 153.0

Dunno how current this info is , maybe good for elemental lvl players but im pretty certain that it is  very outdated for those who are past time and have any decent progresstion into god, oow, etc

As for what we are best at i honestly dunno , i do decent amounts of dps. average with my setup is about 200 for me and whatever the pet throws in , rangers that have access to the new bows from oow etc and even those that only have the ones from Elemental planes can still do some serious damage, but we can do many things.  I spot heal on raids, buff, do dps i can even pull some zones but we are a support class , same as a ranger we can solo but its not really easy at the higher ends so we generally get groups.  Then we get on the mobs back and wail the living tar out of them if you have a decent aug, like the imp damage V one from DoN and you have your good nukes from GoD and OOW you can hit with them for 2k plus

But imo we are not best at anything , we can tank some, heal some , slow some, even buff some but cant do any of those things the best, i dont play a beast to be the best dpser in my guild i play my character because its fun anyone can be a tank, run up pee on the mob and then hope you live, but i can dot, nuke, send pet in and laugh when others get summoned or smacked by the ramp  :-D

Essant

We are best at clearing trash.  Period.  No other class comes close to the pure MOWING ability that a beastlord has in the Tasmanian Devil sense.  Yes, some classes can solo some things better than we can.  Sure, bigger mobs can be kited by bards and necro's that would chew us up as long as they dont summon, but NO ONE can sustain the carnage on on garbage as well as we can nor as fast as we can.  On raids this also has its place, maybe we cant do it on raids *quite* as self-sufficiently but we are still fast-acting, fast-engaging, heavy dps from impact to death that doesnt stop, doesnt slow down, and rarely runs out of mana to do it.

Elder Essant Le'Fur
70 Vah Shir Beastlord of the Rathe
Brotherhood of the Spider
My Stuff!