Main Menu

What Maddox would think of EQ.

Started by Banga, August 06, 2004, 01:13:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Banga

Fellow EQ player base...

I've been in and out of EQ since March 99, starting at release.  I have multiple level 65s and have done just about everything EQ has to offer.   I've found nothing in EQ requiring advanced gaming skill.

The only skill I see in EQ is the ability to make pseudo friends and cooperate long enough with them to get new virtual toys.  

Here are my examples for this...

First the use of meaningless and false terms of endearment, IE: Why is every one of the virtual opposite sex "Hun?"   Going around in RL calling everyone Hun will get you fired, sued, beat up, or all the above.

Why do people congratulate you on a dice roll or say something totally stupid like "NICE ROLL"  A trained rat could get the same dice roll.  It's a key press.   Do you realize how totally, unbelievably, ignorant is it to congratulate someone for a dice roll!  Am I the only one with half a brain playing this game?

Endless congratulations....Lets see, the aforementioned good dice rolls, leveling, AA's, quest completions (and every step along the way), killing names, obtaining flags, etc, etc, etc.   I recall a Seinfeld episode about the cake celebrations at the office, for some reason I relate this to the endless, meaningless, "GRATZ" of EQ.  Its so bad I simply hotkeyed "Gratz."   How much more meaningless could this get?

Encounters.  Hard by the fact the first few times someone does this, you have to learn what unfair cheat this "named" uses.  The developers are unable to actually play fairly and must resort to unfair tricks to make their game have any form of "challenge."   A few weeks later the "strategy" is posted online and you simply gather your drones and break out your random dice.  

Time is the only true currency in EQ.   With enough time, any feeble minded, unskilled person can become "leet" in the eyes of their fellow EQ players.  

In closing get over yourself EQ elite.   You want to try a game actually requiring some tactics, strategy, reflexes, and gaming skill play an FPS or RTS, or a game of online cards or chess.   Myself I would recommend Planetside, Counterstrike, BF1942, Starcraft, Warcraft, Axis and Allies, any of the MSN card games, or the ultimate game of skill Internet Chess.

Dummerin

I think Maddox would be insulted by you invoking his name in an overused argument such as this to flame a game that obviously warrents enough of your time for you to come here and post about it.

If you dont like it, dont play it.

Banga

Time I could have spent, camping for yet another endless AA?

Jkal_Shihar

<scratches head> Wrong area to post I think.
And like above said, if you hate it that much dont bother playing.

P.S. Who's Maddox??  :roll:
Animist Jkal Shi`har and tigger
Arch Animist of the Tribunal Server
My Magelo
*still my main since dec. 2001*

Larku

You should post rants in the rants forum.

Thanatos

Quote from: BangaFellow EQ player base...

I've been in and out of EQ since March 99, starting at release.  I have multiple level 65s and have done just about everything EQ has to offer.   I've found nothing in EQ requiring advanced gaming skill.

The only skill I see in EQ is the ability to make pseudo friends and cooperate long enough with them to get new virtual toys.  

And yet this skillless game kept you occupied for over 4 years and multiple 65's  !!!      :twisted:

sarjent

whoah! who the hell is Maddox and why should I give a rats ass!?

Chackra

Quote from: sarjentwhoah! who the hell is Maddox and why should I give a rats ass!?

That was a detective show during the 70's.

Yiktiki

Maddox = http://maddox.xmission.com/

Our thread starter just wants to be funny too but can't afford a domain.
Starlighte - Tauren Druid - Level 70
Misscreant - Blood Elf Warlock - Level 70
Kilrogg Server

RETIRED
Elder Yiktiki Tumbo - Feral Lord
Starlighte Starbrighte - Pocket Druid
Luclin Server

Corss

Somone move this to the Sewers before I start posting racially questionable lyrics from hate groups and tailor them to specifically target people who post in the wrong forums! omg~

Corss 66.115 Beastlord::Aeria 65.52 Druid
Seventh Hammer

Aneya

I always felt that FPS where like commiting virtual murder on fellow players which I find questionable.

I'm sorry you have such a pesimistic view on life.
EQ Aneya 70 Beastlord Tarew Marr
EQ2 Evalin Swashbuckler Mistmoore

Incite

QuoteBlahblahblah ... maddox ... blahblah ... lotsatoons ... blahblah ... whine whine ... blahblah ... time currency ... blahblah ...

The currency is dual: Friends and fun.  I have both because of EQ.  Yes, OMGZ, I MET NEW FRIENDS BECAUSE OF EQ!  

Yeah, I met my godson's parents through EQ.  I met a load of nice people to drink beer and laugh with.  I have met lovers/partners through EQ.  Given a choice of sitting in a smoke filled pub talking crap about football or sitting on EQ for an evening kickin' some butt with my friends ... I'll take EQ anyday.  Least I won't get lung cancer from passive smoking and I'll end the month with a pile more cash that I didn't spend on over priced drinks.

The other aspect is fun.  I've had fun playing EQ ... sure, some boring and crap times, but over all I play because I enjoy it.  Admittedly when I leave EQ there's no way I'm going to ever play another SoE game, but I don't regret my time in EQ at all.

Shove that in your Maddox pipe and smoke it.
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=993776">http://www.border.plus.com/images/Incite1.jpg">

No bounce, no play.

JillieMT

Another wonderfully insightful post from Banga.

I am surprised we haven't banned you yet. You have done nothing but stir up discontent on this board.

Everything in your post is basically a flame attack on all EQ players. That is showing the utmost disrespect for those of us who enjoy the game.

I pray your worthless time spent here is short.
Lady Jillianna Silversoul and Cody
71.181 Halasian Feral Lady - Morell-Thule... erm, Erollisi Marr
Faveo Sulum Ipsemet Ascio

Lithale

Ignore Banga.  He/she/it just likes to try to stir up some poo.  His/her/its opinion is only as good as a man who believes there is only one side to a discussion.  All other views are trivial and meaningless.  It is sad.

-Lith

Chubaka

Well.......WTF......hehehehe.

Maybe in the US sayin HUN to someone will get you fired/killed/beat up or whatever.  In Canada maybe we are a bit more relaxed.  Hear it all the time.

Your so antisocial that if your playing a game of cards or dice or any board game, you don't say "Nice roll" or "Nice hand"?  WTF.

You also appear to not congratualate your friends or loved ones (if you have any) when they achieve some goal in their lives? Finding a good deal at a store, getting a job, getting a divorce :) , anything that they feel is important.

As for things that require "Real gaming skills"? WTF.  Get a big gun and blow the other virtual guy away before he blows you away?  Build the farm, build the barracks, get that peon to mine gold or chop wood 0.0234 seconds faster to you can bum rush the other guy that had a hiccup so he didnt get that gnomish flying machine out in time to stop your ambush?

Real gaming skills......yup.
Chubaka
65 Beast
Terris Thule

Magelo
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=934088