Main Menu

2HB for Beasts

Started by Cathartic, August 06, 2004, 05:30:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cathartic

Just curious im thinking of picking up a SoT but i dint know how it compares dps wise with two h2h weapons.  Currently i am using SPF and HoH could get a shinai easily though.  What do you guys think would be better for dps SoT or shinai and HoH?  I currently have almost 1500 unbuffed attk and i have sinister strikes.

Thanks for the input,
Cathartic

Rhaynne

Shinai and SPF would actually be your best combo

Kherash

Stick with Shin combo. I would die to even loot a Shinai. Or even Xeg wraps.
Kejah
75 Vah Shirl Beastlord
Prexus
SpiritWalker Guild

Chance favors the prepared mind.
Louis Pasteur

Rarrum

dps on h2h is better.  proc on SoT is way better though, can stun all sorts of stuff with it, even some P1 bosses.

Murkk Dakruul

I solo with SoT over anything else usually. The proc is very very good. Especially if you like totally demolishing casters in PVP. The proc will stun mobs up to level 68 for 3 seconds.....it owns.

That said, I would sell my soul for a shinai, But it refuses to drop.
Murkk Dakruul
Feral Lord of Agony

And the earth cracked open in a spew of ash and flame and from the smoke arose a new evil,
A new demon of the world, and it was given the name "beastlord". With burning eyes it stared
down at us and raised its hidiously disfigured claw and it.....cast MGB paragon.

Gudaman

It all depends on what you are looking for as other's have stated if you want dps hand's down duel wielding will win. If you tank alot maybe 2hb is what you are looking for. I box alot and depending on my healer's mana i usualy use duel wield but if i want to mess around for fun i break out the vdd.  I just did 2 log's when engageing bert in time and with disc theirs only about a 10 dps differance when useing dot, and nukes but i got 4 melee crits when useing the vdd which can skew the numbers as my max crit with vdd has been a few 1255 's.

Choppin

I cant use corp's weapon calculator thing, so I am wondering what dmg / dly a 2hb for beastlords would have to have to match the best h2h combo.

a rough guess would be 90 dmg / 30 dly
Choppin Lethal
Feral Lord

Dysz

Well, it depends on the proc of course :D
Mark these words: One day this chalk outline will circle this city.
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=472464">http://pinkfloyd49.tripod.com/sig.txt>

Ttony

Quote from: Murkk Dakruul

That said, I would sell my soul for a shinai, But it refuses to drop.

Hang in there. We went for 2 months and no Shinai then had 3 drop in a row.
Ttony Ttiger
70 Vah Shir Beastlord
Raeign Foraeist
65 Froglok Cleric
Pyin Tupanger
57 Half Elf druid

Kharaf

Just ouf of curiosity how many ED's did you all have drop?

I mean, we only got 2 I think.

Choppin

we pretty much stopped doin time, but we had 10 shinais looted (plus 3 or so rotting) in 7 or 8 months doing time

7 ethereal destroyers got looted, and prolly the same amount rotted

7 hammer of the timeweaver, no rots
Choppin Lethal
Feral Lord

Dummkopf

So far we have way more quarm hammers (drops nearly every time) than shinai (dropped 2 times in roughly 30 kills), ED isnt really rare though and dagger of distraction is dropping up to 3 times each p3.

Bengali

Wow, we have no Quarm hammers here.
Savagespirit Bengali Grimmspirit, Scion of Shar Vahl

"My friend Mark said that he saw Bengali totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.
And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Evilsunshinne

since 5/20 we've had 4 quarm hammers, 3 SoA's with one rotting, and one ED, 2 SoT's, and 5 Spiked Fists of Annihalation since 6/14.  I'm always spending freakin points on upgrading weapons, gonna have to stop soon =(.

bummp

My guild seems to be very lucky with the ED drops.  In fact, we have gotten 2 of them on each of our last two Time runs.  I think we have only gotten 2 sinai's so far and maybe 2 quarm hammers.  We have been in Time since May.
Master Bummp Indanite
Feral Lord of Bristlebane, 67 seasons and counting
Veeshan's Fury