Main Menu

Worst group member stories

Started by Dasquid, August 09, 2004, 02:49:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dasquid

I like hearing stories about bad group members, Im sure we've all had a few. Mine is a long one, and happened a long time ago. But its an experience I have never forgotten.

This was back when I played my warrior. I was around 30ish level at the time. I was goofing around when a friend asked me if I wanted to go to Crystal Caverns. I had never been so I said "sure" and headed to NK to the druid ring. (This gives you an idea of how long ago this was, no PoK books, no surefall port, ah memories)  when I get there the rest of the group is there. One of the people was a female paladin who will from here on be referred to as "dumbass".

Dumbass runs up and inspects me and says "want to trade weapons? She had a berzerker sword, I had a Wurmslayer. So I say no, she says "LOL". We port to Iceclad and invis for the run to CC. The druid in the group says "say stop" then adds "if invis breaks" Dumbass says "stop" so we stop, Dumbass says "well you said to say stop". While are we are stopped, someone's invis drops and  we get aggro from a couple snow dervs. Since we are all low 30's its a tough fight. So now casters need to med, if Dumbass has kept her mouth shut we would hvae made it no problem, instead we end up taking 10-15 minutes longer.

As we are running there, Dumbass says "hey can we go to Thurg, I need to buy Cats Eye Agate" We all say no, it is too far from where we are going. When Dumbass finds out there is a town in CC she says "do they sell Cats Eye Agate there? I need some" no they dont sell any there. "Well can we go to Thurg then? I need some" No we are going to hunt here.

So we fight our way down, heading toward Queen Drachnia, one person in our group says "can I have crystalline silk? I need it for tailoring" Dumbass says "I need it too" I say "are you a tailor?" Dumbass says "no, why?" So Dumbass begins looting EVERYTHING as soon as it dies. I send her a tell saying "other people want to loot also" she sends me a reply saying "lol"

Queen was camped, so we headed over to where the stalag terrors are. On the way down our druid, and main healer goes LD. So we find a safe corner and set up there. Monk in group says, "stay here and we will be fine, if you go any further we will be attacked" About 5 seconds later, Dumbass goes around the corner and then says in group chat "oops" and comes back around the corner with 2 tenticle mobs on her. Since we have no healer we need to run to the guards. We run, one group member down, 2 down, I am about dead myself get to within a few steps of the guards and die.

Dumbass sends me a tell saying "gee I guess you want a rez huh?" At this point I am trying not to throw my comp out the window, I reply " I'm bound in Halas so yeah that would be good" She says "sorry I could have saved you but I forgot to use Lay on Hands" (at this the point the phrase "nobody is that stupid"was removed from my vocabulary) then she tells me "I will see if I can get you a port" I say "dont bother, I wont make it alive" She says "you will if you are invis"  so I would have to run to NK with no gear, then get a port to IC, and run across IC to EW through Ry Gorr to my corpse in CC, with one cast of invis, when I had only been there the first time today)

Luckily one of the people in our group had a cleric alt camped in CC. So he logs him to rez the people who died because one person in the group decided to walk around and killed us. Dumbass asks him "hey since you ARENT DOING ANYTHING can you bring me to Thurg so I can get a Cats Eye Agate?" Of course the answer is a no, so we finally get everyone rezzed and we start fighting down again.

At this point I am pissed, I am looting everything so Dumbass gets nothing. Finally we reach our destination of Queen Drachnia. She is up and we kill her, one of her drops is Crystalline Robe (still somewhat decent loot at the time) Dumbass says "can I see the robe, who has the robe, let me see it, I want to see the stats" We roll for the robe, Dumbass loses, thank god, yet she continues "can I see it? who won? can I see the robe? I wanna see the stats" At this point we decide to leave, as we are getting ready to port out Dumbass says "can we go to Thurg so I can get a Cats Eye Agate?"

I have more recent stories, but that one is by far the worst, Im sure others have had similar experiences, so lets see em!

Catgal

Dynamyte

Hey, can I get a cat's eye agate?

j/k  :P
Feral Lady Dynamyte Raave - 65 - Beastlord - Nameless

Dynamyte

Most recently my worst group member has actually been my daughter. LOL! She just started playing a bit ago, so she really has no clue but me. She made a beastlord, just like her mommy though!

So I made a little monk, and we were hunting in Blackburrow and various places, and she would always run if we got more than one mob. I'm like "Maggie, we can handle it" "I don't want to die mom!" "you don't lose anything until level 11!" And so on. Also, she was looting everything in sight, even if we had others in the group, lol. I think I must have died at least 20 times because she ran...

Kinda cute though. At least she got the hang of playing, and her little beast is 31 now I think, and we have a ball playing together! Just wanted to share.
Feral Lady Dynamyte Raave - 65 - Beastlord - Nameless

Taurius

QuoteHey, can I get a cat's eye agate?

I'm gonna be saying that forever now.  LOL

Kashmiir Battlekat

This is very recent...

Im on my Berserker in Plane of Nightmare...

We are fighting near the graveyard. We are all level 51-55 or so...

Im tanking.. 55 Zerker, 5k hps... very nicely equip'd...

Mobs are hitting me for upwards of 250 or so pretty consistantly, but you know, its under control right? We got a Cleric. He has Complete Heal right?

Does he use CH on me?

Nope, he spends his mana chain casting Divine light on me... 350 mana per cast...  cast, cast, cast, cast, cast, cast... Cleric says "oom"

I mean really now. What a tard...

Next I see "LOADING... PLEASE WAIT"

Want a rez he asks? I say "No thank you" and login my Cleric . I heal myself from that point on... he eventually leaves the group out of frustration.

Man, there are some retarded clerics out there.. sad for me to say it, but its true.

Hamaar

I was on my pally grouping in HHK and our group was camping WR and RR (Back when i was still Newbish). We had a Halfling Warrior in our group who seemed kinda newbish, like me, cause he didn't know how to link items an lil things like that. I was helping him out by telling how to do those sorta things.  :)

He was just dinged  29 and was still using a Sword and shield. He said "I don't have a good enough weapon for my offhand" and i thought fair enough. Everytime we had killed off our current mobs and he was fully healed..."I'm bored, i'll go get us some more enemies to fight". The whole group told him off everytime cause our casters had to med up and WR was re-poping soon etc. If we didn't stop him he'd go get some an nearly kill the group.  :x

His excuse for trying to up the killing rate above what we could handle was that he wanted to reach lvl 30. I asked him why. "So i can run to Rivervale and get Double Attack, I've been waiting sooo long for it"  :shock:

I promtly told him that i've had it for about 10lvls and he should have got it about lvl 15. the reply? "but my guildmate said he thought i didn't get it till lvl 30, he's a lvl 50 druid so he should know better than you"  :o

Luckily he left soon after saying that we were all mean and then tried to take WR off us with one of his guildmates.  :lol:

Silverblade-T-E

Hm, did a pick up LDON. We had a monk, a warrior, cleric and an enchanter, plus me (mage) and IIRC the cleric was two-boxing a necro.

ANyway, it was Takish-Hiz. Monk was pulling. I noticed the warrior was assisting the monk...the enchanter was assisting the monk and slowing his *target*...think about it for a bit....
So of course she's casting Slow/tash on mobs in other room..and dies several times despite the very good work of the cleric. She is also mezzing the MA's target...continually, repeatedly.

I send tells to the cleric/necro, who was basically like "WTF is up with this idiot?" I'm busy mezzing the "summoned" creatures when enchanter either dies or simply doesn't do anything about a mob standing kicking crap out of folk.
I also find out I have about the same hps as the tank....

"WHOA! HOLD IT! HOLD IT A MINUTE!" Says I after the umptenth near wipe and hm 5th? death of chanter.
To the chanter, in my most charming manner, not meaning to be rude or upset her, I ask her why she's assisting the monk FD puller for targets and slowing/tashing them when he's often FD, and why she insists on mezzing the MA's target?

She gets into a hissy fit and declares she's ina riading guild, and has been main mezzer on raids!...Hm, her guild far as I know never raided anything above Tier1, I'm in Time, old school...I smile and me and the necro/cleric both send "Omg" tells to each other, and quietly agree I'll mezz, pet will off tank and that in any event we'll survive...which we do.

Most pick up groups are ok, soem are ecelelent and oyu meet new friends :) Some make yuou wonder about yer own species... ;)

Dakat

Dynamyte thats a cute one.

Was on a raid once and there was this 59 warrior there. I think it was a small group and we were going to do Grummus for a couple who needed him. This warrior was asking the most stupidest (lol, thats a word) questions.  One question "What is an Etheral Parchment used for?.

At the end of it, their was a total wipe due to pre mature rushing of Grummus and people were not ready/FM.  Anyways as we are all sitting in the GY of PoD this warrior was saying how proud he was of being the second last to fall besides the Main Tank.  I wanted to tell him off by saying thats because you didn't do any damage to the mob and you sat back hiding until you were the last tank left.

I guess nothing is bad as a story I heard a while back. Someone, dont know names or which server it was, had a warrior in their group who was 65 or so and had never trained a skill point in taunt.  This was before they had the new melee skills they do now.

Kitvear

I imagine we can all come up with good one but one group membor comes to mind.

It was soon after Veskar was opened up, I was in there just mindlessly killing the lil blue golems with my pet, seeing how I could split them and how I could handle two.  Just basically having fun and seeing where the nameds would spawn.

A few other 65's came into the zone, they were wanting to try and find the soulscream belt and a couple of other toys.  I banded up with them and as we started pulling the undead so we could move in a 51 warrior came in and started whining that he couldn't kill anything and couldn't get good gear and nobody liked him and he never got groups and could he please please please join up with us.  Well, I of course said (in group) oh $&*(74 no, no way but next thing I know, Dipwad is in our group.  We start moving in and though we had a 65 SK, Dipwad was managing to eat up most of the healing mana, so I'm just figuring that him being a 51 was just getting the low level aggro thing.  It wasn't that big of a deal  just we had to stop for the cleric to med up on occassion.  Then Dipwad speaks up and he says he can't figure why the SK was getting hit, he says I'm taunting my heart out and I can't keep aggro.  So a huge light bulbgoes off and we try and explain that a 51 warrior had no business trying to tank when a 65 SK was there, we asked the SK to provide his hps and ac and asked Dipwad to do the same.  I don't really remember what the SK had, if I had to guess I think it was 8Kish and 1300ish but Dipwad refused.  He kept getting aggro and despite all of our efforts he kept insisting that he was supposed to be taunting.  The cleric had to stop and med again and nobody was having fun, this was just supposed to a little named hunt in a zone that shouldn't be that hard for us.  Well the cleric was medding and a couple of others were afk doing the bio thing.  Dipwad was bored and decided to do a little exploring, of course he aggro'd a few mobs, 6 or so and came running back to our little camp with them all.  We didn't have any crowd control and we all decided to run.  I didn't know the way back so I just followed everyone else and we found our way out training a lot of mobs to the zone but we all made it, well except of course for Dipwad who died.  We zone back in and Dipwad is still in group and he's whining about dying and all this and he doesn't know the way back and he was gonna lose his gear now all that and we are heartless for not helping him.  So we explain that the SK can drag his corpse to the zone and the cleric would rezz him, we finally manage to convince him that it's ok to give consent and the SK goes and drags the corpse to the fence and the cleric rezzes him and then we have him jump over the fence so he can get out of there.  All in all it wasn't that bad but now that we have Dipwad rezzed and he is at the zoneout ready to leave with his corpse and gear, he proceeds to cuss us out cuz we suck and he will never ever group with us again no matter what and that he was gonna put us all on ignore.   We all laughed at that, about a week later I was cruising through PoK and there was Dipwad shouting for everyone to come help him on a open raid, he was gonna lead a pickup raid against the Avatar of War and everyone had a fair chance at the loot after he got first pick.  That was the last I heard of Dipwad,  I don't think anyone joined his raid, but then again you never know.
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=706403

Kitvear 66  Beastlord
Vearlis 67  Chanter
Zebuxoruk

Ekss

I must have been pretty lucky with my groups as I can't remember many horror stories; although I do tend to group almost exclusively within my guild these days so rarely encounter idiots.

The story which sticks out in my mind took place in DL when I was in my 40s. I normally avoid the place, but I happened to get in a good group hunting on the hill out in the open where you get non-stop fighting because of all the wanderers. Great fun, and reasonable xp too.
At some point, a bard joined the group. Great, we thought - should be ideal to raise our effectiveness. However, he was only singing one song (haste, I believe). After a while of this, someone asked if he knew about twisting, and he admitted he did; so we asked him to twist in another couple of useful songs to help us out.
Maybe it was because we were on a slight hill or something, but this genius bard decided to add in just one more song: levitate. The group split up fairly soon after that.
Ekss Vyxl
71 Beastlord, Povar

Hrann

That's funny because I ran into a bard similar to that in DL in my cleric's late 30's early 40's, on the same server too.  He refused to ever play the mana song during a fight because he wasn't going to "just stand there and play it" while he could be fighting.  In between fights, which was about 2 seconds in DL, he would play it for about a tick, if the cleric begged, lol.  He didn't want to twist because "it's not fun".  He eventually left because we were too demanding.

Noxdowne Draggout

A group of friends decided to go try out crypt of decay to see how much we had progressed in the game gearwise.

After we zoned in we decided that I would slow all mobs and offtank adds.

A 65 chanter shows with no class title and decides to ask to join us. I make it very clear that I will slow all of the mobs and that he should just do CC when needed.

First pull the warrior brings back three and within 30 seconds the chanter is dead.

He was mezzing the mob that the warrior had targetted and was trying to tank. Mezz would break the mob would run at him and kill him in seconds.

I tried (nicely) to explain the in's and out's of CC to this guy and it just wasn't sinking in.

After his 3rd rez I finally told him in group chat that he was too  stupid to be a chanter and that he should try to take up being a kei whore and leave the real players to be chanters.

Needless to say I ended up getting reemed out by my GL for 30 mins after, but it was worth it.

Nox

Eatbugs

QuoteHe didn't want to twist because "it's not fun".

Ran into a Bard like that while playing my Mage a few months back - funny part was, all she ever played was Song of Sustenance.  When I asked if she could play mana song, or at least something to help the melee group members, she replied that she'd forgotten to buy food and water before coming to join the group, so she needed to keep playing the "food song."
Grimgrey Dorfeater
Troll Wildblood
Undivided Faith
Drinal

Mhordel

QuoteDoes he use CH on me?

Nope, he spends his mana chain casting Divine light on me... 350 mana per cast... cast, cast, cast, cast, cast, cast... Cleric says "oom"

Just for you...

http://home.att.ne.jp/surf/mirage/agent_sinzan_2.html[/url]
[70.760+ *RETIRED* Wildblood] Mhordel (Wood Elf) <Company of the Golden Anvil>
Firiona Vie Server