Main Menu

Worst group member stories

Started by Dasquid, August 09, 2004, 02:49:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ekss

Hehe, that Sinzan thing is great. I've seen it before, but it always makes me chuckle.

I love your story, Eatbugs - it seems to be easier to spot idiots playing bards than idiots playing most other classes; I think it gives bards a worse reputation than they deserve. A good bard is worth their weight in gold.
Ekss Vyxl
71 Beastlord, Povar

Whiptail_Warclaw

I did a LDoN a while ago, with my 34 Cleric. The bard in the group put me on auto follow, then did nothing but sing mana song. After about 10 minutes we relised what was happening, he didn't reply to tells or group chat, the guy wasn't there at the keyboard. So I camped out, came back and we disbanded him and left him standing there for the rest of the adventure.
We left after we had finished and headed back to Nro Wayfarers. I put the Bard onto my ignore list and haven't seen him since.
Baron Whiptail "Mr Whippy" Warclaw
Iksar Savage Lord of 62 seasons.
Drinal server.
- Created: October 09, 2003.
Bringing ice-cream to the people of Norrath for the last 62 seasons...

"The only thing worse than one Beastlord, is six Beastlords, in a group, in the same zone as you... We'll try and leave you a few mobs."

Hrann

Oh yeah I had a couple wizards that did that in my groups.  They would just come to the camp where we were chain pulling, sit down, join group, and never do anything again.  Just get in the group and walk away from the keyboard, hoping we didnt realize that they were afk for a few hours for free xp.

Sometimes I wish I could reach through the game and slap people in the head.

Shille

I never had a bad experience with a bard, but I did try creating one once, and found it to be a rather tough class to play well.

I didn't play the class well, and deleted the char at level 25. Maybe it just takes a better than average player to pull it off. (obviously not ME)

agama

Quote from: Whiptail_WarclawI did a LDoN a while ago, with my 34 Cleric. The bard in the group put me on auto follow, then did nothing but sing mana song. After about 10 minutes we relised what was happening, he didn't reply to tells or group chat, the guy wasn't there at the keyboard. So I camped out, came back and we disbanded him and left him standing there for the rest of the adventure.
We left after we had finished and headed back to Nro Wayfarers. I put the Bard onto my ignore list and haven't seen him since.

should have disbanded him then run him into the middle of a room

Eatbugs

QuoteI didn't play the class well, and deleted the char at level 25.

I deleted my first two Bards in the mid-20's.  My third is still going at 54 - the class gets a lot more fun to play once you get over the learning curve. (And that curve is at its steepest in the 20's.)
Grimgrey Dorfeater
Troll Wildblood
Undivided Faith
Drinal

Ekss

Bards aren't that hard really - my main was a bard for a long time until I discovered the power of the beast! It's just a different play style from all other classes so takes a little while to get used to.
If I can play a bard OK, almost anyone can :)
Ekss Vyxl
71 Beastlord, Povar

Incite

Quote from: EkssBards aren't that hard really - my main was a bard for a long time until I discovered the power of the beast! It's just a different play style from all other classes so takes a little while to get used to.
If I can play a bard OK, almost anyone can :)

It's fine if you don't get carpel tunnel from it.  I started a bard 3 years back, never got him past 20th ... I had to put an ice pack on my wrists after an evening's play.  Not worth it.
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=993776">http://www.border.plus.com/images/Incite1.jpg">

No bounce, no play.

Mneumenth

Quote from: EkssBards aren't that hard really

:lol:
Mneumenth
"When you absolutely, positively have to kill every motherf@#$er in the room...Accept no substitute."

Dorrogtr T`A

I vote for the shaman that doesn't buff  :x

Kromjr

Ever group with a level 55 warrior who didnt know what provoke was...
Venerable Kromjr - 66 - Ogre Beastlord - Stromm

Tastian

Bleh I remember years ago being grouped in seb with a 60th level paladin that screamed in group chat, "OK I GIVE UP HOW ON EARTH DO YOU OPEN THESE BACKPACK THINGS!!".

Mneumenth

Quote from: TastianBleh I remember years ago being grouped in seb with a 60th level paladin that screamed in group chat, "OK I GIVE UP HOW ON EARTH DO YOU OPEN THESE BACKPACK THINGS!!".

YIKES!
Mneumenth
"When you absolutely, positively have to kill every motherf@#$er in the room...Accept no substitute."

Dorrogtr T`A

Farrley

We had a cleric who was briefly in our guild that may be the worst player ever.  Every time she said something, we had to spend a few minutes trying to puzzle out what the heck she was trying to say.  We thought maybe English wasn't her first language, but several guildies knew her irl, and insisted that she spoke fluent English, and that it was her only language.  

She also had a hotkey set up to say, in group, something along the lines of "Does anyone mind if I'm the main looter for the group?  I like to loot because I get bored just healing."  Not a good sign....

On one trip to Nadox, we went into the Luggald area, and wiped when she forgot to heal my SK (she was too busy linking VT off the mobs asking what each piece was for).  While running to recover our corpses, she said "Only 10 minutes left" (the single most coherent tidbet she'd uttered since I met her).  When we all asked 10 minutes until what? she eventually responded "sstor cloz".  We asked what the heck that meant, and did not get a response.  We finally arrived at our corpses, and dragged them to the safe spot in Nadox by the bridge.  

Our cleric then zones in, announces to the group "salf pokl", and gated ("safl pokl" apparently translates as "I am going to gate myself to PoK now, find someone else to rez you")!

She then camped.

I couldn't quite bring myself to drop her corpse into the lava, as tempting as it was.  Instead, I left her in the middle of a group of mobs who could not see invis.  She died twice attempting to recover anyway.

Eventually we found out through some other people that apparently she was playing Everquest at some store, and that they kicked her out when it was time to close!
Farrley
52 Tigerlord of E'Ci