Main Menu

LDON - Wayfarers Brotherhood Emblem

Started by Kilantiz Kylong, January 05, 2004, 06:19:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kilantiz Kylong

I'm sure there is more detailed information that could be added to this outline.However for those who might be searching for the NPC's needed to hail, the following Loc's should help.

Total wins per theme needed to obtain and complete the "Wayfarers Brotherhood Emblem" final augment.

Tak - 78 wins
Guk - 70 wins
Ruj  - 74 wins
MM  - 76 wins
MIR - 68 wins

*Adventure total - 366

-Tak
Ruanya Windleaf - North Ro - Adventure Camp
Farwein Windrun - South Ro - n2800 p500
Nifel Faliwae - Greater Faydark - n1960 p2400

-Guk
Selphra Giztral - South Ro - Adventure Camp
Bealya Tanilsua - West Commonlands - n455 p2600
Deblik Grumblok - Innothule Swamp - n1700 p1150

-MM
Vual Stoutest - Butcherblock - Adventure Camp
Henai Silentwalker - Dagnors Cauldron - n1660 n1230
Elwinn Prelilaen - Lesser Faydark - p700 n580

-Ruj
Barste Songweaver - East Commonlands - Adventure Camp
Ginehl Wiquar - West Freeport - n606 p180
Shumpi Wimahnn - Highpass Hold - p185 n20  

-MIR
Teria Grinntti - Everfrost - Adventure Camp
Ubzial Iyeaql - Qeynos Hills - p3300 n500

Once you have completed the the required adventure wins per theme, hail  Barstre Songwearver in East Commonlands. He will tell you to go see Chaenz Abella (the raid recruiter) who is standing just east of Barstre there in the EC camp.

If your Adventure Stone is not augmented into an item, then just hand it to Chaenz Abella and he will reward you with the emblem. However if your Adventure stone is being used in an item you will have to remove and destroy it. Purchase a Slot 1 Solvent from the Magnus there in EC to remove the Augment.

Then walk over to Chaenz Abella and say "Emblem" he will award you for your efforts with the "Wayfarers Brotherhood Emblem" augment.

:D Wayfarers Brotherhood Emblem
magic item lore item no drop augmentation
Augmentation Type: fits in all slot types.
WT:0.0  Size:tiny

*AC 10, All Stats +10, All Saves +10, Mana +100, HP +100

I hope this helps ......and good luck!
Elder Kilantiz Kylong
Fires of Heaven

haabbes

Has anyone actually gotten the emblem yet? Or met anyone who has? I see so few people doing Guk or Mir adventures that I wonder....probably lots of people with the required number of wins in each of the other three themes.
=====
Feral Lord Haabbes Ticklemaabbes, 65 vah shir beastlord, Saryrn server.

Kilantiz Kylong

Quote from: haabbesHas anyone actually gotten the emblem yet? Or met anyone who has? I see so few people doing Guk or Mir adventures that I wonder....probably lots of people with the required number of wins in each of the other three themes.

I do not know the number count serverwide, but I do know a few on veeshan that have obtained their Emblem.

Krozman being the first serverwide to complete the quest. I agree however that a completed Emblem is definitely rare.

Sunday evening I completed mine and to be honest I am certainly glad the repetitive boring quest is finally over.

Well........at least for now that is.
Elder Kilantiz Kylong
Fires of Heaven

Bulge

Will the emblem be destroyed too if you ever choose to remove it from the item you put it on?  I guess so, and if it does people would be wise to augment it into something that they will wear forever. Still tricky business. You may think you will wear that Immaculate Vest of the Firetyrant forever, but how about 4 expansions from now? :D

Edit: though the Intricate Wooden Figurine indeed seems to be here to stay for a long time.... ;)
Bulge, 66 Beastlord of Third Era, Antonius Bayle(formerly Kane Bayle), temporarily retired.
Sterk, 45 SK of Indigo Skies, 6-box on Rathe server, and progressing through TSS.

Yiktiki

Heck.. even one expansion down the road.  Heck.. even getting in to Time.  The fire tyrant vest is no good. (c:  If you get the emblem, the Wooden Idol is a good place to stick it... just because there don't seem to be ANY new charms coming out, let along anything better than Time flagged figurine.
Starlighte - Tauren Druid - Level 70
Misscreant - Blood Elf Warlock - Level 70
Kilrogg Server

RETIRED
Elder Yiktiki Tumbo - Feral Lord
Starlighte Starbrighte - Pocket Druid
Luclin Server

TerjynPovar

I'd never noticed this here before...

I speak from personal experience that your stone is not capped in Miragul's Menagerie until 70 wins.

Unless, for some bizarre reason, you don't need to cap the stone in an individual camp in order to get the Wayfarer's Brotherhood Emblem.
Terjyn, Retired Feral Lord on the Povar Server

Kossos

have to max all to get emblem and yes EF is 70 wins

i have emblem on Bristlebane 400wins, havent touched LDoN since the new expansion probly wont again since the augs in GoD are so much better then what can be bought with points from the camps.
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=725398" TARGET="_blank"> Kossos 65 Feral Lord
http://www.clubfu.net/" TARGET="_blank">Club Fu
Bristlebane

Menarion

I haven't kept the closest watch on it but so far from just doing Mistmoore here is  what I've seen so far.

At 24 wins I was sent to talk to Henai in Dagnors for all 3 of my characters.

At 30 wins the Adventurer's stone is giving +5hp, +5mana

At 40 wins I was sent back to Vual at the Butchersblock Wayfarers camp

At 40 wins the Adventurer's stone is giving +7hp, +7mana
<a target="_blank" HREF="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=306743">Arkinon Ben'Dar</a>
<a target="_blank" HREF="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=656043">Quarestal Medilon</a>
<a target="_blank" HREF="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=878408">Ssartin Nitrass</a>

Ssartin Nitrass 67th level Male Beastlord of Cazic-Thule

Bulge

*Takish*
Ruanya Windleaf - North Ro - Adventure Camp (2)
Farwein Windrun - South Ro - n2800 p500 (15 wins)
Ruanya Windleaf - North Ro - Adventure Camp (30 wins)
Nifel Faliwae - Greater Faydark - n1960 p2400 (50 wins)
Ruanya Windleaf - North Ro - Adventure Camp (End Charm)

*Guk*
Selphra Giztral - South Ro - Adventure Camp (2 wins)
Bealya Tanilsua - West Commonlands - n455 p2600 (15 wins)
Selphra Giztral - South Ro - Adventure Camp (30 wins)
Deblik Grumblok - Innothule Swamp - n1700 p1150 (50 wins)
Selphra Giztral - South Ro - Adventure Camp (End Charm)

*Mistmoore Crypts*
Vual Stoutest - Butcherblock - Adventure Camp (2 wins)
Henai Silentwalker - Dagnors Cauldron - n1660 n1230 (15 wins)
Vual Stoutest - Butcherblock - Adventure Camp (30 wins)
Elwinn Prelilaen - Lesser Faydark - p700 n580 (50 wins)
Vual Stoutest - Butcherblock - Adventure Camp (End Charm)

*Rujarkan*
Barste Songweaver - East Commonlands Shady - Adventure Camp (2 wins)
Ginehl Wiquar - West Freeport - n606 p180 (pok book - 15 wins)
Barste Songweaver - East Commonlands Shady - Adventure Camp (30 wins)
Shumpi Wimahnn - Highpass Hold (....) - p185 n20 (near succor point / ek - dont remember wins .. 50 i think)
Barste Songweaver - East Commonlands Shady - Adventure Camp (End charm)

*Miraguls*
Teria Grinntti - Everfrost - Adventure Camp (2 wins)
Ubzial Iyeaql - Qeynos Hills - p3300 n500 (15 wins)
Teria Grinntti - Everfrost - Adventure Camp (30 wins- End Charm)

Mininum wins needed to complete LDoN Stone: 366
=============================
Ruj - 74 wins maxed
Takish - 78 wins maxed
Guk - 70 wins maxed
Miraguls - 68 wins maxed
Mistmoore - 76 wins maxed

This is a copy and paste from a thread on Allakhazams.
Bulge, 66 Beastlord of Third Era, Antonius Bayle(formerly Kane Bayle), temporarily retired.
Sterk, 45 SK of Indigo Skies, 6-box on Rathe server, and progressing through TSS.

Dakat

Deleted - dead link.

Bulge

I was wondering if anyone knows a good Guide how to go about the traps and hollow trees and bitten victims and such in ldons.  

I am usually taking a Cleric and Mage into my ldons so I should be able to handle 2/3 of traps with their spells, but I have no idea how to use them, in what order, if you can still fail a disarm and blow up (I dont want that!) and so forth.

I do not even know what to do with those bitten victims. I tried to heal them, no go, I killed one accidentally, nothing.

Also, sometimes one of my toons triggers a trap  and this trap seems to follow him across the entire zone afterwards then it seems. I have no clue where these traps come from, are they bound to the area? If I progress far enough, will my toon be rid of it?  Stupid thing is, it;s always a single toon that gets hit, not the entire group. SOme of those can eat their hp away pretty quickly too.

I really need a good trap guide. :D

Thanks!

Dakat

The trees and victims are best left alone.  Don't bother with them at all. You never know if they are a trap where you get nuked or Dotted.  Some instances I have seen them competely heal the entire group. Others I've seen give the group a huge boost in mana.  Moreso then not, they either poof or spawn some sort of mob. In which you have to kill the mobs and they do not count towards your completion of the adventure. If the victim stands up and does not attack. Any non-pet class can have this victim assist them. Target it and type "follow". It now becomes a pet sort of. More like an enchanters pet, in which you can not control it. It will only attack a mob, if you yourself were hit by melee or spells. It does not accept commands nor can you cast buffs on it.  After a short period of following you around or upon taking a certain amount of damage, it will fall down and go away. Similar message insues "I am unable to proceed to far, this place has done me in".

Refrain from AOE spells during LDON unless you are prepared for them.

As far as chests, vase, barrels...there are some that are melee based, some are pure caster based, and others priest based.  Some are only able to be opened by rogues.  The melee based ones, you have someone check for trap, then have a melee class attack it until it breaks to pieces. Sometimes though, the breakage will cause the loot to disappear.  Don't fret though. As every chest, vase, and barrels ive opened or have had someone opened, none of them offered anything of adequate value.

Most times its either empty, gives only cash, gives only a gem, gives some sort of endurance regen potion, some illusion potion (1 click use), or best I have seen is a stat augment (+7 wis aug for a hard ldon for example).

They are really not worth the hassle

Oneiromancer

I believe it was pointed out elsewhere that the various things that can happen from a victim/tree/whatever all have equal probability.  Since only one of the things is bad (spawning mobs), you're way more likely than not to have something good or indifferent happen.  Still, if you're in a group that's going gung-ho through the LDoN I wouldn't worry about hitting them.

However, chests are another story, one which has been discussed many times, so I don't feel like going into it again.

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

a_moss_snake_001

I haven't tried this on any other theme except EF but I know on EF if you can cast Sha's Revenge on the "trap mobs" (confused mutation) it will have the following affect:-

1. If its an actual mob (eg. npc pet) it will 'wake up' as usual and stand there waiting for someone to say 'follow me'.

2. If its anything else (spawn trap, group regen trap, burst trap etc) then its HP will drop to 1% and nothing else will happen.

Prolly a minor "exploit" but still kinda handy.

And btw you CAN cast buffs on the NPC followers. I usually shrink, haste and shrew them.

danaconda

Don't know if it helps or not, but I seem to get experience equivalent of killing a mob. This isn't such a big deal to some, but for me 3-boxing my group mainly for experience with the adventure points being icing on the cake, it's a godsend. I just walk up to every bitten victim and slap him/her around a bit. One hit nets me experience and maybe a bonus or a trap. If it's a trap I deal with it. If a bonus.... WOOHOO!  :lol:

***EDIT*** (12/13/2004) Just found out last night that killing them doesn't actually net me any experience. However, I did find out that if you kill them and quickly run away, you can avoid aggroing the spawns and pull them separately since they aren't on any factions. So I find no reason not to hit them all. Consider it a pity kill if you will. Plus they are lower level than any other mobs in the dungeon (were light blue to my necro) so the kills are easier.

What I ignore are the treasure chests and crates. First I have to spend 25 adv. pts. for 3 different spells and the disarm one uses a component that costs 7pp or so. Screw that! (This is the mid-level Reebos/Wuggans-type spells)
Dedlee Beatdown retired
Troll Beastlord of Lanys T'Vyl
(moved onto WoW - Mannoroth server, same name)