Main Menu

Named in Echo Caverns

Started by Nanndas, August 18, 2004, 03:23:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nanndas

Do to limited play time in the summer I've been in soloing Echo since 42 getting xp and raising skills. I work the 4 spawn underbulk area and if the room under the TM is free I'll pull from there.

Last night at 44 I was able to take out Fireclaw with pet and I at 40 health. Needed 1 pet heal and 2 on myself.

Right after Tillicor (sp) spawned where the first spawn point is at the end of the corridor. I died at 42 to this named Fiend. So I buffed/medded up, had pack shrew on and decided to try again. I got him down to 90% and had to zone out. He has a wicked dot that spins me. He's DB so he defintely is an undercon. Anyway to handle him? If he's in the first spawn point I'm basically blocked from there. I ooc'd for a high level to clear him but got no responce..

Nan
Nanndas - 56 Animist - Drinal Server

Baking - GM + Trophy
Brewing 200
Pottery 179
Smithing 122
Tailoring 115
Jewelcraft 188

Hereki

Yes, train him to the guards.  You need to keep your warder out of melee, though, and may have to zone out.

Nanndas

Thanks for the idea Hereki  :)

Do you mean the "Haven Defender" at the SH entrance? She is also db to me and would she handle him...

Nan

Baking - GM + Trophy
Brewing 200
Pottery 179
Smithing 122
Tailoring 115
Jewelcraft 188

Hereki

Yes, she's the one.  Massive undercon, great for handling Fireclaw and Trillcor.  Even when you can kill them, they take too much effort and time to be worthwhile.

Muss

Any one ever killed the named that pops when you clear at the slaves a few times?  I tried once but he just harmed me and sent me on my way.  That was a while back and I have yet to ehar aof anyone killing him yet.  Anyone?

Nonposter

When I was 62 I had some friends in the mid-40's xping there, and the thought horror guy popped. I came and laid the smack down on him. He tried to charm etc me, but I resisted everything. Savagery helped keep all my resists at least 125. Dropped some lame boots. He is gimp if you can resist his spells.

But it was cool to kill him.
- nonposter

Nanndas

They must have either changed the guard or Trilcor and Fireclaw.

Last night I had the whole zone to myself (made 46-woot planar capable). I did the 4 underbulks then pulled the room under the Taskmaster. Trilcor popped so I did what Hereki suggested and pulled him to the guard. He was whomping her until a passing monk killed him.

Next cycle he popped again. This time he killed the guard even though I chain nukked on him. I had left fluffy parked at the tunnel entrance. I hit pet follow and he came and we were able to finish him off.

A few cycles later Fireclaw was up. Same thing, he was at 30% and the guard was walking away. A friendly cleric helped me and I killed him.

Nan

Baking - GM + Trophy
Brewing 200
Pottery 179
Smithing 122
Tailoring 115
Jewelcraft 188

Hereki

Ermm... no, it's always been like that - you need to slow the mob, and you can easily kill it if required.  Slowed, the guard should die just before the named does.