Main Menu

Class envy rides again.

Started by Bheran, August 20, 2004, 09:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Strigori

Stun master doesnt mean no one else should get one, but honestly why are we getting one? nowhere in 65 levels do we get any form of stun that isnt a pet proc. It doesnt fit us and have no problem with it being changed.
Wildcaller Strigori
  70 Wildblood
  Officer of
  Fellowship of Dragons
  Ayonae Ro

Razimir

Pallies can showe their stunns. Imo Roar of Thunder with 72min reuse is totally useless and I won't be bying it anytime soon (if they ever puts this AA in the game). Lets have SoE give pallies roar of thunder AA instead of celestial stun and wait how much they will whine and cry about crap AA they got.

-Raz

BloodCelt

Xalmat is probably drawing up a detailed chart for them as we speak.
[FONT COLOR=yellow]
Ironcelt McClain - Feral Lord - <The Mercenary Syndicate> The Rathe Server

Eatbugs

Quote from: RhaynneHonestly, I kinda agree with paladins on the AA they are complaining about us getting.

I don't think it makes much sense for us to have it either.

The funny part is, from the thread on it elsewhere it sounds like it's not an AA most of us want anyway.
Grimgrey Dorfeater
Troll Wildblood
Undivided Faith
Drinal

Bheran

Hehe, I couldn't care less about the Rot AA. I was in a poor mood Friday, when I came across a few paladins saying f... beasts, and whatnot, and it irritated me.

Seriously, why can't people be advocates for what they want without trying to put down what others' have?
Bheran Feralblood & Dernit
Wildcaller and the best damn dog on Inny
Innoruuk server

mrowrr

Reuse timers controls who is master of something.  I'm not sure in what context we need a stun but maybe it's due to something we don't yet know about OoW.
Mrowrr Puur
70 Beastlord
http://www.dwarecmercs.com">Dwarec Mercs
Terris Thule
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=118261">Mrowrr's Bling Bling!

Kreseth

We don't need a 72 minute stun.  It doesn't make sense from a class perspective.  It's a bit too close to a HT 2.0 anyway...lose it & give me some real DPS upgrades.  Everything else I've seen I like though I still dunno if I'll be getting this expansion.

--Kreseth

CillianFV

Somewhere along the line it seems someone decided it was a beastlords role to forever listen to other classes endlessly complain about our abilities that we do not really care for or use much (i.e. 9 sec casting time heal, 72 min recast stun).
Wildcaller Cillian Stonefang
Feral Lord of 65 Seasons

Maulx

This is the most ignorant thing I have ever read and it was in that thread:

"You are correct. That AA is not what overpowers BLs. Slows, dots, a pet than can tank nearly as well as a player character, and mgbable paragon are what overpowers them.

Duke Superdorf"
Maulx 45 Ogre BST retired because of size of pet and size of toon.

Osone 65 Barb BST

http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1005889

Zodiax 65 Barb Shaman

Xev server

Hrann

Yeah our dots are uber!  Thanks for pointing that out Mr. Superdorf LOL

Eatbugs

Yessirree, MGB paragon does me a heck of a lot of good as an individual player.

Oh wait, no it doesn't.  :P   Seriously, I love seeing people complain about things that benefit them.
Grimgrey Dorfeater
Troll Wildblood
Undivided Faith
Drinal

Nekokirei

While waiting from Stromm to come up, was hanging out in general chat and saw the envy pop up.  There was some talk going on about who'd "0wn" a Bard and someone popped up w/the "BLs are overpowered!"  ranting about we need to be nerfed due to "uber slow"

/sigh

Normally, I might've bit, but, thanks to the all the terrific posts on the thread regarding "overpowered" question I was secure enough to know he/she/it had no idea what they were saying.

Knowledge is power...um, wait, maybe *that* makes up overpowered... :P
Predator Nekokirei
An Officer and
Feral Lady to
Prophets of War -- Stromm

Panthermask

The thing that most paladins don't understand is that regardless of the re-use on this stun, it's not going ro jeopardize their function in a group.  If it's 72min recast, it's a novelty and we can't use it but maybe once or twice in most exp groups.  If it has a short recast time, we'll simply wind up dead every few minutes from grabbing aggro from the real tank.

We aren't tanks.  Outside of something like normal LDoN (where the exp is TERRIBLE and a wet paper towel can tank) it is far more efficient and necessary in many cases to get a plate tank.  No amount of stuns, heals, or slows will change that fact.
"They call me the King of Sticks.  Perhaps you've heard of me."

Stuff Dead Things Didn't Need Anymore...

Kinash

Quote from: PanthermaskThe thing that most paladins don't understand is that regardless of the re-use on this stun, it's not going ro jeopardize their function in a group.  If it's 72min recast, it's a novelty and we can't use it but maybe once or twice in most exp groups.  If it has a short recast time, we'll simply wind up dead every few minutes from grabbing aggro from the real tank.

We aren't tanks.  Outside of something like normal LDoN (where the exp is TERRIBLE and a wet paper towel can tank) it is far more efficient and necessary in many cases to get a plate tank.  No amount of stuns, heals, or slows will change that fact.

I can see it being usefull sometimes when soloing. There are times I wish I had a stun when a dying mob starts to slowly flee towards some other mobs. I have gotten killed every now-and-then when a mob got close enough to cause another mob to ADD. Usually my Warder's stun will do the trick, but if not things get hairy. But beyond that I can see it getting us killed more than helping us :)
Kinash Kattar
Level 66, Khati Sha Apprentice
Tholuxe Paells (Bertox)
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=594639

Panthermask

Yeah, I can see it having usage when solo'ing.  I was really only addressing the concern paladins are having in regards to their group function.  Any belief on their parts that this stun is a threat to their supremacy as stunners or tanks is silly and uninformed.
"They call me the King of Sticks.  Perhaps you've heard of me."

Stuff Dead Things Didn't Need Anymore...