Main Menu

Druid spell Lion's Strength on pets

Started by Tanot, July 30, 2008, 11:29:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tanot

Hi all

Does anyone know if the Lion's Strength "Increase All Skills Damage Modifier by 5%" affects pets? Also, it appears to stack with Growl of the Beast according to Lucy's - how does it calculate the increase i.e. where in the calc does the mod get added? Does it calculate what you would hit for and then times it by 10% (Lion's +5%, GotB +5%) or does it calculate what you would hit for and then times it by 5%, then times it by 5% again (bit hopeful here!  :wink:) or does it occur farther up the calc (before dmg mods etc)?

I'm also assuming it has no effect on proc damage as I guess they aren't "skills" - this correct?

Dilgartownguard

Damage mods do not stack, only the highest mod will have an effect on damage output. You can have growl (20%) and the Peerless Penchant on (9-11%), but you will only have the benefit of a 20% damage mod. All damage mods will effect the pet, but since the higher level hastes have damage mods on them, most of them will be pointless. Procs are not effected by damage mods, just the melee. In your case, having both buffs on wont add any extra damage, you only need 1 of the 2.

Tanot

Bah thats a bit of a pain  :-( Somewhat lazy on the dev's part as well since Lion's is dmg mod only so it should just not stack with Growl - letting it appear to stack even though it does nothing else apart from add a damage mod which doesn't get used is a waste of my time and mana. Players shouldn't have to turn to 3rd party sites to find stuff like this out.

*EDIT*

Just noticed that Lion's Strength has the dmg mod in slot 7, Growl of the Beast has it in slot 2 and Growl of the Leopard has it in slot one. Why use three different slots if they don't stack?

Damim

I'm glad that they stack.  If for some reason or other I don't have growl up, at least mammoth's or champion will allow me some extra damage.

Khauruk

Quote from: Tanot on July 30, 2008, 01:00:19 PM
Just noticed that Lion's Strength has the dmg mod in slot 7, Growl of the Beast has it in slot 2 and Growl of the Leopard has it in slot one. Why use three different slots if they don't stack?

Most likely because of stacking issues for other spells.  EQ spell slots are a huge mishmash of goofiness w/ severe limitations in available slots.  The dev's also hate it, but it'd be a ginormous undertaking to change.  Last major spellfile change I saw had almost 15,000 spells edited - I don't know if that's all of the spells in EQ, but that's a sickeningly large number of potential conflicts to work around to systematize any changes.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Nusa

The damage bonus may not stack, but the other features of the spells do! Also, it's never nice to have a situation where a short-term buff removes long-term buffs.

rhaug

if you do the lower lvl pet  haste and then mamoths its usefull since the pet get then the dmg mod and a hiogher str, it seems to miss less then or so
the higher pet haste has less strength  then a earlier one wihtout damage mod

Tanot

Got 68 last night and so I now have GotB  :-) Disappointed that I'm not getting 10% dmg mod with Lion's now but at least I know not to bother wasting the mana casting it on the pet now!

Thanks all.