Main Menu

Beast Lord Hate?

Started by Maraketha, August 23, 2004, 11:10:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kashmiir Battlekat

Most people (note: 80% of EQ Popuolation) are Casual Players. They do not think outside of a 6 man group. Keep that in mind when ever you see these "Nerf XXXX!".

Rather then saying "Fix us" they almost always say "Fix us, Nerf them".

Beastlords are very well balanced and bring a lot to a group or a raid. Shaman also bring a lot to a group or a raid.

This person points to Beastlords and says "We Shaman will be better if they nerf Beastlords."

People tend to complain when others 'step on there toes' or 'do things better' then they do and rather then saying "COOL! They got XXX which adds a lot of power which means they are more useful to me!" they say "Nerf such and such so my class is better".

What kind of ass backwards thinking is that?

#1: Sony will not "Nerf" Beastlords. They see our balance. Every single class in Everquest should be compared to Beastlords in terms of balance. Sony could not have created a more perfect, well balanced class Beastlords. We can do everything needed and do it welll.

Dummkopf

Beastlords are nice rounded around BoT level, still nice in Ele, somewhat nice in time and begin to suck in GoD. Lets see what level 70 and some upgrade do to us, prolly bring back the well rounded class it was around tier3.

Jkal_Shihar

http://eqforums.station.sony.com/eq/board/message?board.id=shamanbalance&message.id=3783

Here's the link to that article. I got tired of going back and forth also  :twisted:
Animist Jkal Shi`har and tigger
Arch Animist of the Tribunal Server
My Magelo
*still my main since dec. 2001*

Aneya

Well if you look at Psychiatrist Elisabeth Kubler-Ross five-stage model of the grief process.

The second stage is Anger where the person is prone to Blame Others[\b].

Perhaps these classes just haven't come to terms with the fact that they aren't the greatest thing since sliced bread and never will be.
EQ Aneya 70 Beastlord Tarew Marr
EQ2 Evalin Swashbuckler Mistmoore

Kinash

Quote from: SharrienWant to see some beastlord hate?  Check out some of the old posts on the EQ2 boards.  The debate died down recently, but, my goodness! when it was going strong we were blamed for everything perceived to be wrong with EQ1.  Most of it class was jealousy or rage over us breaking the old crappy "holy trinity" perfect group mold.

The devs said no beastlords on release but myabe in an expansion.  A few months after release when the bugs are mostly worked out and they start thinking of expansions again, I'll be happy to throw some more gas on the fire and get people talking about beastlords again in EQ2.  Game on!  :twisted:

Which is why you will never see me in EQ2! A Norrath without a furry Beastlord just ain't worth living in!
Kinash Kattar
Level 66, Khati Sha Apprentice
Tholuxe Paells (Bertox)
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=594639

Savrik-Karana

I haven't followed EQ2 much, but I am tempted to make a fuzzy ranger.  We'll just have to see if/when I ever get into the friggin beta  :x

Kinash

Quote from: Savrik-KaranaI haven't followed EQ2 much, but I am tempted to make a fuzzy ranger.  We'll just have to see if/when I ever get into the friggin beta  :x

Not even sure if there are Vah Shir in the expansion... didn't they blow up Luclin? I know I see a Vah Shir in the EQ2 video/ad, but where would we live now?
Kinash Kattar
Level 66, Khati Sha Apprentice
Tholuxe Paells (Bertox)
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=594639

a_moss_snake_001

QuoteI know I see a Vah Shir in the EQ2 video/ad, but where would we live now?

Thats a Kerran, a different humanoid cat race that originates from Odus. Before Vah Shir came along in Luclin I used to see a Kerran and think gee they'd make an awesome monk class (hehe).

Check them out, easiest place to see them is at the pier in Stonebrunt Mountains and they have an entire town zone all the way north (across the water) of Erudin in Tox forest. Theres also some island with a small kerran village in Erudins Crossing that the ships used to dock at while travelling to Erudin.

Nekokirei

Quote from: a_moss_snake_001Theres also some island with a small kerran village in Erudins Crossing that the ships used to dock at while travelling to Erudin.

Minor thread derail--

Yup yup.  Good ol'Wisp Isle.  Not much there--which is really great if you like solitude--except wisps, an Orge quest NPC, a rather dour Erudite quest NPC,a few vampire bats,  spiders, snakes, and Kerrans--none of these have ever aggro'd me.

In the water there's several NPCs--some are quest and have never aggro'd, and a few suicide KoS (a shark, the undead sailors at sunken ship).

The translocator from the South Qeynos docks will send you there, and there's a translocator to send you back.  Somtimes, the poor little Gnome gets aggro'd by the occasional Desert Madman and ends up in the water around the pier, so if you don't see the Gnome, just swim around near the dock to find him.

Kerrans are pretty cool, unless you've damaged faction somewhere, they'll buy/sell to anyone--don't say much though, and that's fine with me.  Good place for lvl 14ish to hunt Wisps for Greater Lightstone quest (of course, making that run out to the N. Karansas is way long w/o SoW, especially if you get thwacked and then have to CR) :D

/end Minor Thread Derail
Predator Nekokirei
An Officer and
Feral Lady to
Prophets of War -- Stromm

Savrik-Karana

Vah Shir are Kerrans.  They're just the nobles of the race that got tossed to the moon in the war.  The Kerrans in EQ2 are a product of the Vah Shir and Kerrans re-intigrating.

agama

Quote from: Savrik-KaranaThe Kerrans in EQ2 are a product of the Vah Shir and Kerrans re-intigrating.

re-intigrating thats a pleasant word for it.

Xarilok

I hope they did the re-integrating in a blender....
Venerable Xarilok Loungelizard - 62 Beastlord and Cat-Hater extrordinaire.

Xarilok

Oh, and next stop...have a large piece of the moon crash down on Gukta, and wipe out the dirty toads, but somehow leave Grobb (as it should be called) intact enough to allow the trolls to reinhabitate it.

BloodCelt

Imagine the hate if the lesser peasants found out that our Warders can give their masters 96% res after level 60.

BC
[FONT COLOR=yellow]
Ironcelt McClain - Feral Lord - <The Mercenary Syndicate> The Rathe Server

Xarilok

OMG, don't tell them, Bloodcelt.  Next thing you know, they will find out our warders can cast complete heal too.  Last thing we want is the lesser peasants finding out all our sekrits.