Main Menu

Fungus grove

Started by Et^Cetera, August 24, 2004, 08:01:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nekokirei

Anyone had run ins with the Deep Cavern Lotuses in FG?  I was reading up on the zone and found the Alla entry on them a couple weeks ago, and, a few days ago, a guildie--55 Mage--was running around FG and made the mistake of taking on one only to have his staff handed to him in a very uncomfortable spot.

Sound nasty to me and something ot be avoided, but, er, anyone know their range and if they will assist a fleeing mob?  I've invised and /con'd so good news they don't see invis, but as Ii just dinged 60, I'm not inclined to drop invis and dong back to 59 just to test radius. =)
Predator Nekokirei
An Officer and
Feral Lady to
Prophets of War -- Stromm

Tiroon

I don't have access to Alla's from work to check the radius but I'd say the aggro range is roughly the same as the shrooms. To get a feeling do the following:

Exit the FG village and move to where the cave widens into a large area, roughly to where wandering guard ends his round and turns back toward the village.
There at the exit you will see a small jagged outcrop of 2 rocks in the path. Move to those rocks and make a quarter turn left.
You will now look more or less directly a the Lotus at the mouth to the cavern and still be a bit out of its aggro range.

This is the only lotus around the first three shroom patches and can be avoided easily if you don't feel like messing with it. There are more of them much further in and there the are close enough to the shrooms to buff them from what I could make out on my excursions further inside FG.

The Lotuses buff themselves with a damage shield and are pretty mean critters. A 55 pure caster who did damage them will either get off gate or get killed because while the plants are perma rooted they do summon.

To kill it I used the following recipe (developed after losing way too much fur the first time I fought them by just slowing/meleeing it):

Put Cancel Magic and Incapacitate in your spell lineup.
Start to cast Cancel Magic and send in your warder. Repeat Cancel Magic until the damage shield is gone then slow, Incapacitate and dot the lotus.
By now the level 60 warder has taken a bit of a hammering and the only damage it did so far is through procs. Depending on how confident you feel either toss a pet heal and refresh the dot or:

Pop your resistance discipline and move in to melee. The moment the plant turns to you your warder will start to make normal melee damage and you will do normal damage as well.
Tiroon Firefang
Vah Shir Savage Lord
Stromm

Ignorance killed the cat! Curiosity was framed.

Nekokirei

Worked like a charm Tiroon! Thanks for the walkthough.

Trying to convince Mage to join me--figure he'd like some revenge.  :evil:
Predator Nekokirei
An Officer and
Feral Lady to

Birdienumnum

I spent some time with the mushrooms in FG this weekend .
I cleared the mushroom camp, then went through half again, with exp less than 1%.
This is at 61. A total waste of time, I think.
Birdienumnum

Nekokirei

Quote from: Birdienumnum on April 13, 2005, 04:51:12 PM
I cleared the mushroom camp, then went through half again, with exp less than 1%.

Yup, since dinging 61 the xp fell way off in FG.  Dinged 62 in WoS last night and thinking about giving GE a go as new solo spot.
Predator Nekokirei
An Officer and
Feral Lady to

Tiroon

Quote from: Birdienumnum on April 13, 2005, 04:51:12 PM

I find solo XP is actually quite good in FG but I avoid the place like the plague because after 10 minutes of hunting shrooms my kitty is howling like a dog from the sheer boredom that clearing the patches brings with it. YMMV but I find harvesting mushrooms in Kaladim for brewing more intellectually stimulating than coming to this place. That said, it is a good place to secure levels 60 to 62 in complete safety.

The most important thing to remember about XP'ing here is to equip your pet with the best toys available. Getting XP here means chain pulling shrooms to your pet to keep it busy at all times and everything that helps your warder is XP in the bank.
Tiroon Firefang
Vah Shir Savage Lord
Stromm

Nekokirei

I think it is YMMV.  My favourite camp spot was the Tarmok village to the right of the entrance to the cavern proper.  I'd set-up on a small rock and pull from the camp in front of me.  I could chain w/no lag between repops.  Steep drop in amount of  xp per hour from 60 to 61.

However, since dinging 62, I have leased a room from Grieg on the SD entrance side.  Haven't tried it at AA, but at regular XP it's not as great as I thought it would be.
Predator Nekokirei
An Officer and
Feral Lady to

Tiroon

Part of the problem is perception. Level 60 is at worst half a level and just flies past. Dinging 61 means back to reality and an experience bar that moves more like it did at 59, making the drop-off in XP look worse than than it actually is. Thank god though that there are better places to go to. :-)
Tiroon Firefang
Vah Shir Savage Lord
Stromm

Oneiromancer

Thank you, Tiroon, I was going to say the exact thing.  Level 60 will fly by no matter where you go, because so little experience is required to hit 61.

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

Nekokirei

Kk, I see what you're both saying about 60.  Level 61 was a slow, slow grind, and it was only finished off after spending time in WoS.

Got my cushion for level 62 and switched to AA in GE.  :-o

OMG!  With a Virt, KEI, pet toys, I have little downtime and keep the area I camp on a steady kill cycle that's refreshed by the time I make my circuit.  Granted, it's not the same AA as a Planes or WoS group, but it's nice for soloin'!  Have the entire SD side to meself as well--seems a good chunk of folks don't bother with that section.
Predator Nekokirei
An Officer and
Feral Lady to