Main Menu

This forum...

Started by Tastian, August 30, 2004, 12:48:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tastian

This forum wasn't created by sony to help me do my job.  Rather it was a very nice gift from kash to help me help beastlords.  Now jaeren has been gracious enough to allow it to stay after the move.  The truth is this forum has helped me a lot with gathering both information and opinions.  

That being said I feel some people either don't understand this forum or simply don't respect what a blessing it is.  Sometimes I'll have an open question, sometimes I'll ask for broad suggestions, and at all times people are free to start posts here.  Unfortunatly, some people are starting to undermind the integrity of these forums.  Threads will be moved if they don't belong here and posts will be deleted if they are out of line.

Now before anyone thinks they have no say or that their opinion is being neglected I want to give you a few facts...

-  I have read every single thread that popped up in this forum atleast twice.

-  I have read almost every thread in almost every section of this board.

-  I have read every new thread to pop up on the other boards since I became correspondent.

-  I have answered every single PM I've gotten.

-  I have replied to every single e-mail I've gotten.

No one is saying you can't have an opinion and all opinions are welcome.  That, however, doesn't mean that you have the right to spam these boards, to drive legitiment threads off topic, or to cry foul if you feel you are being repressed.  If you have an issue with something I've done or how I've done it, then you are welcome to pm/e-mail me and I'll explain my point of view.  I'm certainly not always right and this whole position is constantly changing.  You are welcomed to tell me your opinion and I encourage that out of everyone, but there are limitations.  People that flame me in PMs for not passing along their idea of making roar of thunder be 1500dd on a 30sec refresh with 10sec/80 stun and -300 save chromatic I'm just plain sorry.  People that feel the need to post on the sony boards, then post on these boards, then PM on the boards, drop me and e-mail and then send me a tell in game seeing if I got their e-mail need to tone it down a bit.  You are entitled to your opinion, one opinion lol that doesn't mean that every possible way of getting in touch with me counts as a vote.  That doesn't mean you can log in 3 different characters over the course of 30 minutes and send me the exact same message with the exact same mispellings.  The more you talk and the louder you talk doesn't garner more weight for your arguement.  Logical and civil replies to another person are great and again welcomed.  Simply saying "u sux my idea rulzorz" just isn't going to do it though.  

To date I have "deleted" a whopping 2 posts.  Both of which I first copy/pasted to another thread so that what was said was still viewable and I still let that thread stay inside this section.  I've moved some posts to other sections of the board that simply didn't belong here, but that has been the sum total of my moderating thus far.  This forum though isn't just moderated by me and the rules of these boards don't cease to exist inside of this forum.  If jaeren or another moderator feels a thread belongs elsewhere they too might move it.  I'd hope there aren't many, but if a post is so bad that it doesn't even have a rightful place to be moved to then it will be deleted.  As I said though any post I actually delete will still have its contents retained in this forum baring it being a severe break of the board rules.  If you feel a topic has slipped under the radar or that your post/suggestion/opinion is MIA then send me a simple PM.  I can't tell you how many PMs I've gotten just going "hey did ya see that AA suggestions here(link)" or "any new word on yyy", etc.  Again though please try to show some common sense when doing so.

Beastlords overall have been a very civil and focused community.  We have some of the best parsers and analyists in the game today.  We have been lucky to have some old players from other classes join our ranks and share even more knowledge with us.  Almost every arguement we've made to date has been based upon solid information, backed up, and presented in a reasonable manner.  There's no way we'll get everything we want, but we've gotten some fixes and I'm confident more are on the way.  Above all else though it's very important imo that we remain who we are and who we've been.  I don't want us to turn into a bunch of whiners just because we suddenly have given up all hope and feel we need to be the squeaky wheel.  I don't want us to start crying for other classes nerfs because we need tweaking, and I absolutely don't want to see us turn on our own just because we may disagree with something they have said.  

I'm truely sorry for the length of this post, but I've been busting my @$$ to get certain things done and make sure that not only were beastlords heard, but they were respected.  I want to be able to link more threads to sony and to devs on these boards.  I want to have an enviroment where some of them might even feel like personally posting a responce to a thread here.  That simply isn't going to happen though if people constantly get off topic, constantly throw out wrong information like it's three day old zuccini loaf, or flat out whine the second they think they didn't immediatly got their way.  

Please just help me continue trying to help you.  You might not always agree with how I go about it and you are welcome to question what I'm doing, but you don't have to be counter productive in doing so.  If you have a legitiment concern then talk to me directly and I'll answer you.  

I'm going to leave this thread open and everyone is welcome to and as always encouraged to post their opinion.

Kherash

I think you do a great job. I agree everyone should voice their opinion.

What irks me to no end is the lack of response from Sony on certain issues. Example: The skill cap question is still in limbo and will probably be in limbo until OOW or EQ2 releases. Every update is the same old thing: Currently being evaluated. How long does it actually take for this be either YES or NO? I understand certain things must happen (Tests, talks, etc...). But how long? This gets old quick in my book.

Now, we need to talk about the new OOW spell (Roar of thunder). Well, I really do not care about OOW or the new spells because we still have current issues still not resolved. Feel free to talk about OOW. Feel free to talk about some new spells. I will still be waiting word on old issues.
Kejah
75 Vah Shirl Beastlord
Prexus
SpiritWalker Guild

Chance favors the prepared mind.
Louis Pasteur

Jaeren

One thing people may not realize is just how much work Tastian does do for the community. A lot of it is behind the scenes. In between Correspondant work, he works in RL, tries to have a life, sleep once in a while & oh yeah, tries to play the game some too :P

Basically, just common sense is what all this boils down to. Tastian, Rhaynne & myself read pretty much every single thread on this board even ones that we aren't interested in or may not even agree with. It can be very frustrating to spend a lot of time with the forums and talking to SoE, etc and then just because someone on the board doesn't get immediately the response they want, have them flame us for it. There are people behind the names here and it does hurt to get flamed as we try our best.

We are only human and only have so much time and in the case of the top lists, so many things we can mention. Hopefully vast majority of people's issues will be considered & debated and hopefully resolved for them either in the way of a change or an explanation for why no changes will be done.

I guess my point is think before you post and try to think if the situation was reversed how you would feel.

Luckily like Tastian said, most of the community is very good and understanding so this issue doesn't come up all that often.

EQ - Morell Thule / Erollisi Marr (Retired):
[75 Beastlord] Jaeren (Barbarian)
[72 Cleric] Velissia (High Elf)
[69 Shaman] Sotar (Vah Shir)

WoW - Medivh (Retired):
[60 Rogue] Draeven (Undead)
[60 Priest] Lifesaver (Undead)
[56 Rogue] Klaien (Human)
[51 Paladin] Keidian (Human)

VSOH - Flamehammer (Retired)
[34 Disciple] Daevien (Half Elf)
[33 Bard] Pastorius (Kojani)
[26 Dread Knight] Draeven (Kojani)

Tastian

I think one of the problems are all the things people can't see and too many people are just dubious of SoE at this point.  To be totally honest the top 10 list is probably the least of the things I do.  Just because you don't see a change on your end or I can't post "hey XXX is fixed next patch" doesn't mean things aren't progressing or happening.  Let's see some of the things I can recall from the past couple weeks or whatever...

-  Omens beta testing.  Everything from content to spells to AAs.  Some major changes from what everyone is complaining about, some issues still, etc.  Lots of parsing of new pet and dps AAs and slowability of content, etc.

-  Epic.  Things like the issue with the TD scouts.  More data, more chat, more progression.

-  Iksar pet freeze bug.

-  Iksar size bug.

-  Beastlord weapon caps have gotten a lot of discussion, a lot of data, etc.    I am genuinely hopeful of this change, but I don't even want to say that much because if it doesn't happen I'll go from crispy to charred in a matter of seconds lol.

That's just what I can think of off the top of my head.  Also issues from spell focus items, to graphic issues (A response of "This is actually a known issue that has been sent in...  To be honest it probably won't be fixed until there are new character models.  This isn't set in stone but what is likely to happen.") was had in regards to the velium inlaid claws today, etc.  

I know some people would like to be involved and know every step of everything, but as you can see on this board alone people simply react too fast to somethings.  The roar of thunder thread did exactly what I warned about before beta info came out.  You now have a 4+ page thread that is simply full of wrong information about the skill.  It'd be great to say something looks promising or what change might happen, but the second it doesn't go through or some other change happens instead people will freak out.  I know some get upset that I accept a slightly higher margin of error or grant a larger window for some of these fixes.  That, however, I hope is seen as understanding and compassion, not as weakness.  It honestly hurts me to read some of the threads on some of the other boards and the way in which some people talk and address their concerns.  I am happy with some of the fixes and changes we've seen recently and I'm hopeful that more are on the way.  If I didn't think anything was happening I'd stop and save myself the time.  I certainly don't do this for my health or the pay, so the second it's not productive or I'm in the way of someone else doing a better job I am outta here! lol  As it stands though I don't feel that is the case atm.

"sleep once in a while"

every person that has any clue of my sleep schedule is completely baffled by it and my ability to stay upright on certain days.  For instance I will get to sleep tonight around ~3am est and have to be up for 8am.  once I wake up tuesday I don't get to sleep again until thursday night after EQ/board run finishes up which is usually about 3am again lol.  I think my dog sleeps more in one day than I do certain weeks lol.

Ekss

I think you're doing a fantastic job, Tastian, and I am in awe of what you're doing for the beastlord community.
Too often, it's only the moaners who get heard because those who are satisfied don't speak up - for every flame you get, there will be loads of beastlord who appreciate what you're doing for us.

I completely agree with your stance on how people should treat you and this forum. They should say it civilly or not say it at all.

Thanks for all your hard work.
Ekss Vyxl
71 Beastlord, Povar

JillieMT

I think you are doing a fantastic job! Hopefully no one is jumping on you for keeping this forum moderated. The Correspondent forum should be used by you to collect info, or for people to make contact with you. It should NOT be used to glean current information on playing a beastlord, like all the other forums are for. This aint the place to compare equipment, or get hunting recommendations, or chat about spell use. Know what I mean? If it were me, I would be deleting threads as soon as they were no longer relevant. Of all the forums, this is the one that needs to be constantly cleaned out, and upkept with the latest issues and relevant discussions.

But no matter what, there will always be people that are prone to getting angry at the slightest provocation.

I say moderate like mad! :)
Lady Jillianna Silversoul and Cody
71.181 Halasian Feral Lady - Morell-Thule... erm, Erollisi Marr
Faveo Sulum Ipsemet Ascio

Rhaynne

I think you need to get more sleep, Tast lol.

Zeek Noblesquire

I absolutely love this forum and am very greatful to have it as a very valuable resource!  Too bad some people try to ruin a good thing  :? ... Please do keep up the Excellent Job!   :wink:
Zenoch Noblesquire. Vah Shir BST (Firiona Vie Server) Officer <Lost Souls of Vengeance>
70 Beastlord - My Gear

Chakkorisi

Tastian . . . I check these boards numerous times in a day.  Although I may not post often, I want you and everyone else who is involved with this site to know that you guys (and gals?) are doing an incredible job.

I genuinely feel, that even with the flaws that people find with our class, that THIS board has helped shape the Beastlord and its community, into something wonderous.

For all the bitching and moaning people may do . . . they are still playing a BST and not a ROG   :-)

Keep up the great work all . . .

Peace

Chakk

Gaeastar

Quote from: Chakkorisi on January 11, 2005, 11:58:32 AM
Tastian . . . I check these boards numerous times in a day.  Although I may not post often, I want you and everyone else who is involved with this site to know that you guys (and gals?) are doing an incredible job.

I genuinely feel, that even with the flaws that people find with our class, that THIS board has helped shape the Beastlord and its community, into something wonderous.

For all the bitching and moaning people may do . . . they are still playing a BST and not a ROG   :-)

Keep up the great work all . . .

Peace

Chakk

I think she hit it on the head lol i dont post often either think i have maybe 3? 4? total posts but i lurk in the background lol  keep up the great work Tast you even got me to pull my 66 beast back out of storage after i made a new one =p on a new server lol
[code:1]
Gaeastar Darkmoone - 68 - Beastlord - Tunare
Gaeastar Darkmoone - 71 - Beastlord - Povar
[/code:1]

Silent and swift i walk always on the dark side of the moon ever searching for the new and wonderous experiences that the world has in store for those who bother to look.