Main Menu

Suspended Minion I & II

Started by totania, January 02, 2004, 03:56:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

totania

Suspended Minion I

This AA will allow you to summon a warder of any level and suspend him in a "pocket".  The suspended warder can be retrieved from this pocket, but will not retain any buffs or equipment that was placed on him prior to his suspension.  If you have another warder out at time, a message will be displayed but you will not lose either warder.

A suspended warder will not be destroyed if you become invisible.  The warder will also survive a CoH and a resurrection, provided you are in the same zone as your corpse when you accept the resurrection.  A valuable technique for recovering from a death is to return to the zone with your corpse, build and buff your pet, and then suspend it.  Get a resurrection and upon arriving at your corpse, out of mana and nearly out of health, unsuspend your pet.

Suspended Minion II

This AA is identical to SM I except that your warder will retain all buffs and equipment that it had prior to its suspension.  All buff timers stop counting down when the warder is suspended, making this a wonderful AA to have around for raiding or times when you need to move around a lot, but aren't always in combat.

Some minor notes:
1. A warder that has been shrunk and then suspended will be at full size again after being removed from suspension.
2. I have heard rumors that if your warder is under the effects of Nights Dark Terror and is suspended and then unsuspended, that it will reappear looking like your default warder, but will still have the NDT buff and the abilities granted by that buff.
3. I have heard rumors that movement altering buffs are not properly reapplied when a pet is removed from suspension.

I will try and verify the validity of Notes 2 and 3 today and I will update this post to reflect my findings.

Happy hunting!

Totania's Profile

Member of Night Eternal

Undreadll

On note 2. I believe this is the case, but it was a long time ago when I experienced this so it would be nice to have a more recent verification.

On note 3. I used to experience SoE fading from my pet between suspension and unsuspension all the time in pov with my necro. The pet getting the buff at the gy and then suspended, but not having it when unsuspended in the NE corner.
VenerableAuzzyy Huunnta - 65 Troll Bestialord - Lanys T'vyl
Lich Undreadll N'Humatus - 65 Dark Elf Warlich - Lanys T'vyl

Rukkis

Quote from: totania3. I have heard rumors that movement altering buffs are not properly reapplied when a pet is removed from suspension.

Note 3 seems correct. I just got Suspend II a few days ago. While kiting in PoFire I lost agro and lost my pet before I could regain it so pulled out my suspended pet. Had to zone 10 minutes later OOM because the unsuspended pet couldn't keep up with the mob to hit it. It was the first mob I pulled. Pet was suspended fully buffed including SoW not 20 minutes earlier and the SoW icon showed on his buff box, but no way was he moving at SoW speed.

Haven't had time to test it since then. Glad to see someone else has experienced it and it's not just me though.
Rukkis - Wildblood of Xev

Undreadll

Quote...the SoW icon showed on his buff box, but no way was he moving at SoW speed.

Aye, I forgot to mention that SoE still showed up when I used to do a /pet report health.
VenerableAuzzyy Huunnta - 65 Troll Bestialord - Lanys T'vyl
Lich Undreadll N'Humatus - 65 Dark Elf Warlich - Lanys T'vyl

Xalmat

[65 Arch Convoker] Sage Xalmat Lunaire (Human) <Enshadowed> ZONE: brellserilis
[65 Archon] Eiyana Lunaire (Gnome) <Enshadowed> ZONE: brellserilis
Lead Librarian/Moderator of The Magician's Tower

Tiggr

Can a warder be suspended, and then the BL go invis...run to a spot and call him from teh 'pocket'?

nevermind, just read you can in the library section =p