Main Menu

Overview of AA Paths to take

Started by DiosT, January 05, 2004, 05:57:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nusa

Quote from: wildwaters on December 17, 2008, 04:31:49 PM
   Natural invis, perfected levi an group shrink are great utility aa's. I love em >.<

Question: looking back through this thread (albiet info is from '04) are there really any advantages to

Vah Shir
4. Innate Metabolism 1
5. Innate Metabolism 2
6. Innate Metabolism 3
or innate regen?
   I always viewed these as aa's to max when you were getting into the 2k aa range. Is it just the info is old or is there an advantage to these lines?

I have always considered Innate Regen better than Innate Metabolism even for Vah-Shir, but it was never worth arguing about.

The start of the thread is based on the way things worked before the major reorganization of AA's a while back. Back then, buying 6 General AA's was required before you could buy any Archetype AA's. Of the General AA's available at the time, Run Speed 3 and Innate Regen 3 were generally considered the best of the bunch. Similiarly, buying 12 Archetype AA's was once a prerequisite to buying Class AA's. So beastlords of the day generally planned out their first 24 AA's ( 6 General, 12 Archetype, and 6 for Paragon).

Khauruk

TURNCOAT!!!!!

Inphared

I agree. I've seen plenty of "first posts" in my time, and that one trumps them all.

Hzath

The attention his first post is getting made me lol for real
Beastlord Community Round Table representative.  Feel free to PM me or contact me in game (Drinal.Hzathz) about anything you think needs attention.

Inphared

Considering the normal activity rate of these forums, this is something to be remarked at.  :-)

wildwaters

Dude, you changed your avatar! Now I have no reason to visit these forums bro ;/

>.<

Inphared

She wasn't interested in you.

Sorry to disappoint.

Ogun Nagoura

Can a moderator edit the first post and update it with data that is essentail to a person playing a beastlord in 2009? 

ramelorm

Hello fellow BST,

i having a hard time decideing the Right OVERRAL AA path to take.

here is what i come up with:

Suggestion

Run3
Regen3

metab3

paragon

SCR

SCRM

SCF
MGB

--> Most of my Offensive <--

--> Full Defensive <--

PET HOLD

ADV PET HOLD

SUSPENDED MINION

PET AFFINITY

PERSIST MINION

MEND COMPANION

WARDER ALCRITY

WARDER FURY

CF

ND

PE

PD

AMBID

SLIPPERY ATTACK

DBL RIPSITE

ENHANCE AGGRESSION

WA

PLANAR POWER

HOBBLE

FRENZY

bst FRENZY

FERAL SWIPE

HA

HG

DISCORD DEFENSE

SCF

FURY OF MAGIC

DELAY DEATH

CRIT AFFLICTION

BITE OF THE ASP

GORLLIA SMASH

---> lvl to 80 <---

HAST NMEND

REPLIS COMPANION

COMPAN AGILITY

COMPAION ALCRITY

COMPAION BLESSING

COMPAION DURABILITY

COMPANION FURY
--> REMANDER OF CLASS aa <---

LVL TO 85

REMANDER OF AA's NOT USED

* insert the neccessary  AA's where they need to go and HIGHLET FOR ME*

THANKS IN ADVANCE  :mrgreen:
EQ force multiplier.......BEASTLORDS, the other white meat

nedoirah

I have started new characters recently and have found that the only requirements for the archetype and class aa are the levels and the aa prerequisites. 6 general aa are no longer required for unlocking the archetype and 12 archetype no longer required for class.

AbyssalMage

Quote from: ramelorm on February 07, 2009, 12:08:40 PM
Hello fellow BST,

i having a hard time decideing the Right OVERRAL AA path to take.

THANKS IN ADVANCE  :mrgreen:

I started editing and relized, I didn't wanna spend the time at 2 am.

*** NOTE: there is no correct path to take ***  But here are my suggestions.

Run 3 (Run 5 is also nice, saves a buff slot)
Offensive AA's (Double Attack, Crit, Ambidextuary)
--- Double Attack (max)
--- Combat Fury 6
Pet Hold
Mnemonic Retention 1
Defensive AA's
--- CS 18
--- CA 18
--- Natural Durability 3
--- Physical Enhancement 1
***Break up CS and CA to grab ND 3 and PE***
Pact of the Wulrine
Invisibility
Sinister Strikes
Feral Swipe
Hobble 2

Once those core AA's are done, you have many choices...
You'll notice I didn't recomend many pet AA's.  Thats because he becomes less and less DPS as we level so I've kept the focus of my DPS on myself.

AA paths you can choose: Focus on pet, continue to focus on yourself, or grab utility.

***Focus on pet***
Pet Focus (The other rank of this AA is useless)
Pet Flurry
Pet Crit
Pet Avoidance
These are what I would put my focus into and in that order

***Focus on yourself***
Weapon Affinity
Bite of the Asp OR Raven's Claw
(Forgot Name: Other Agro Reducer, can't think of its name atm)
Spell Crits
Healing Adept
Healing Gift
Increase Spell Crit Damage
These are what I would put my focus into and in that order

***Grab Utility***
SCM
SCMR
Mnemonic Retention 2
Paragon of Spirits
Focused Paragon
Suspend Minion 1&2
Persistant Minion
(Forgot Name: Makes pet able to receive MGB's)
Other than SCM & SCMR, I would grab these in the order that you feel you need the most at that time.

I left out many AA's, probally fogot some AA's, and generally have a play style thats different than most.  I personally focused on myself adding utility as the need arose.  Shrouding allowed me to put off Persistant Minion for a long time, as did finding people willing to individually buff my pet as two examples of why I put off some utility AA's.  But more and more people sit in GL /afk while they get buffed and its very nice to come back and ready to rock.  With the list I have above, that should be close to 1500 AA's if you work on most of the AA's to max 'em out.
Grimwar
81 Beastlord
Theris-Thule...errr....Prexus

JillieMT

I've always been a solo player, so I planned out my AA's to maximize tanking... CA8, CS3, ND1, etc.

Then I maxed out Weapon Affinity for LT procs, couple of the healing AA's.

Now that mercs are available and I can get a pocket healer, I've found that my DPS was sorely lacking, so working on those. Feral Swipe 2, Bestial Frenzy now at 9, probably Ambi soon, then throw a few into the spell and melee crits that I've been neglecting.

Along the way I've picked up Persistent Minion, Mnemonic Retention, Run 3, SCR3, Hobble.

As noted above, many of the points prerequisites are gone, so ya'll can make a beeline to useful AA's much faster now.
Lady Jillianna Silversoul and Cody
71.181 Halasian Feral Lady - Morell-Thule... erm, Erollisi Marr
Faveo Sulum Ipsemet Ascio

Byratan

Quote(Forgot Name: Makes pet able to receive MGB's)

Pet Affinity, allows pet to gain group spells...

Illiyana

So of late I have been taking a break from my Beastie to level up a Bard.  As I played the Bard I follow some specific guides for AA's, a tactic I did not use for my Beastlord.  Now I am looking back at playing her again and wondering if I got all the AA's I should have, since at the time, I just bought the ones that sounded cool  8-)

She currently has something over 4100 AA's so I probably got all the good stuff, but you never know.  Does anyone have a current AA guide?

~Illiyana Wolfmother~