Main Menu

Overview of AA Paths to take

Started by DiosT, January 05, 2004, 05:57:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nedoirah

You can use my charts or the eqaasearch.org site crystilla made recently to check basic information.

Illiyana

Thank you Nedoirah.  What I was looking for is other people's opinions about which AA's to take.

For example, for my Bard, I used this guide as a starting place for which AA's to buy first:

http://jadedragon.dkpsystem.com/viewthread.php?threadid=281&p=1#p874

I have since added some things of my own based upon my play style, but it was a good place to start, and gave me an idea of what the MUST HAVE AA's are.

~Illiyana Wolfmother~

Nusa

Every time someone asks me the question in general, I pretty much have to say something like, "I got AA's as each expansion released them so I never had to deal with prioritizing all of them at once." Which is literally true in my case. I remember when maxing out at 300 AA's was considered impressive.

That said, this thread is worth skimming through at least. It's old advice, and a few things have changed, but the concepts remain valid...in particular that your playstyle determines some of your priorities. There are other threads in this section worth looking at, such as http://beastlords.org/index.php?topic=8701.0.

If you're looking for something that's less than years old, you aren't going to find it all in one spot. Info on the last few expansions is likely only going to be in threads that discuss that expansion.

Illiyana

One can hope for an easy answer  :lol:

I created my BST when Luclin came out, so I have played the class a long time, but I also believe I can always learn something new.  I was looking to see if I may have missed something since I purchased my AA's by what sounded like it fit my play style best, but you never know what ability I may have skipped because the description of what it does is not well written.

Thank you all!

~Illiyana Wolfmother~

nedoirah

My basic formula is as follows:

1. max out as much defensive and hp increasing aa per level as possible
2. melee crits and finishing blow and stat caps
3. spell crits and duration and maybe DoT (if that's your thing)
4. Paragon (both types)
5. pet stuff (at least a couple things like crits/defensive and definitely discipline/affinity/suspend minion)
6. agro reduction utility
7. nat. invis, play possum and lev aa when they become available

I followed the same general order (minus the pet/paragon/agro reduction stuff and did bow stuff instead) for my ranger when I started leveling her. Now she's sitting about on par with my bst in terms of aa and gear. With one notable exception, ranger has raid weapons/bow.

Illiyana

Thank you for the reply.  You list is fairly close to mine, save I do not work on Agro Reduction, usually group with a SK  who can keep agro with no issues.

~Illiyana Wolfmother~