Main Menu

Another reason for me to hate GoD...

Started by cougerofeq, September 14, 2004, 05:58:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cougerofeq

Did expos 5 and 6 this week and somehow my flags are messed up and cant get into the raid zone.  Spend alot of time(due to bad luck) and got nada to show for it - I dont even know if I have to do 5 over, 6 or all of them. Have done the weaponmaster several times with the guild.

On 5 when I clicked on the white stone to get out after hailing the flag mob -it said I got dissy and would not let me out - hailed again and gave the phrase again - I knew something was wrong then - rehailed the ghost lookin flag mob etc but still would not let me zone out. Have a petiton but don't know if it will help. I may just skip GOD even though my guild raids there a couple days a week and just loot time and omens.  

I died so many times getting these done and work so hard to get them done before the expansion and everyone starts to grind out levels  - had a great weekend ( long but got them both- well if you including tonight).  It really is making me physically sick. So much for playing a game to escape real life :( I spent the last 2 hours trying every combination of hail between the 2 in the priest room and apprentace in the water - the expo giver - no luck.

rant off

Atashi

Have you spoken to the scribe in barundi ? you need to hail him to convert the temp flags from the trials to the full flags.

Atashi
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=733010" target="_blank" class="postlink">Atashi - 70 Beastlord - Prexus Server
http://www.clannandreolan.com" target="_blank" class="postlink">Clan Nan Dreolan

Oscurro

I might be misunderstanding, but does weaponmaster = Rondo?  If it does then you don't need the sewer trials.  You should just need the tipt and vxed flags.
Predator   Oscurro Cazador  
Cestus Dei
Veeshan

Tastian

Make sure you talked to the scribe and not just once either.  I know several people that did rondo/vxed/tipt in various orders and needed to talk to the scribe.  After you talk to the scribe, talk to high priest just for S&Gs and then talk to scribe again.  I know atleast one person that did it rondo ~> tipt ~> vxed, they ran to KT couldn't get in.  Ran back hailed scribe, ran to KT again, couldn't get in again.  Ran back, hailed scribe, hailed high priest, ran back and zoned in nps.  It is possible that they are messed up and a GM could help you figure it out, but most people just have to fix their flags in my experience.

Aneya

I was trying to sort the flags out with Couger last night. He has done it in the same order as I have, WM -> Tipt -> Vxed. I had no problem zoning to KT after first try but he did.

I suspect the problem is that the person that started the Vxed trial had already completed Vxed so he got an exp verion instead of a flag version. This is an easy mistake to make because the same NPC offers both types but isn't very clear about which you get. To further confuse the matter, Tipt can only be triggered in flag mode off the same NPC. This is one case of badly executed design.

The sewer trials where much better implemented. One npc does flag version and another does exp versions. Its clear which is which.
EQ Aneya 70 Beastlord Tarew Marr
EQ2 Evalin Swashbuckler Mistmoore

Rhaynne

QuoteI suspect the problem is that the person that started the Vxed trial had already completed Vxed so he got an exp verion instead of a flag version. This is an easy mistake to make because the same NPC offers both types but isn't very clear about which you get. To further confuse the matter, Tipt can only be triggered in flag mode off the same NPC. This is one case of badly executed design.

It doesn't matter if the person who gets the expedition has beaten it or not.  I was one of the first in our guild through these, and have done Vexd and Tipt easily over 100 times combined, and I have always gotten the expedition.  We've never had a problem with someone not getting a flag.

Aneya

The key point is this
Quote from: cougerofeqOn 5 when I clicked on the white stone to get out after hailing the flag mob -it said I got dissy and would not let me out - hailed again and gave the phrase again - I knew something was wrong then - rehailed the ghost lookin flag mob etc but still would not let me zone out.

He hailed last mob in vxed  and said tend but didn't get any flag temporary or otherwise and thus could not use stone to zone back out. So the question is why didn't he get the flag?
EQ Aneya 70 Beastlord Tarew Marr
EQ2 Evalin Swashbuckler Mistmoore

Rhaynne

Sounds like a bugged instance.  I've pulled people through that had never hailed anything and never seen that happen.

Tardar

Were you invised when you went to hail?  Were you getting spam from others hails, and thought it was your own?  Make sure to hail the Scribe twice, after you get Rondo, to turn both your Vxed and Tipt flags permanent.  If you do Vxed or Tipt befor you do Rondo, you can't make your flags permanent, only after Rondo.