Main Menu

66-70

Started by Tytallia, September 14, 2004, 09:55:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tytallia

Wasn't SOE's official "excuse" for making GoD so damn hard because they had planned on opening up 66-70 for free as part of the 5th Anniversary? But they couldn't work it into the code? And now we have to pay for those overdue and promised "free" 5 levels?

JillieMT

We had to pay for GoD too, so what difference does it make?
Lady Jillianna Silversoul and Cody
71.181 Halasian Feral Lady - Morell-Thule... erm, Erollisi Marr
Faveo Sulum Ipsemet Ascio

totania

Quote from: TytalliaWasn't SOE's official "excuse" for making GoD so damn hard because they had planned on opening up 66-70 for free as part of the 5th Anniversary? But they couldn't work it into the code? And now we have to pay for those overdue and promised "free" 5 levels?

Why is it people seem to keep thinking that Sony owes them something.  Please post a link to the source of your information that SoE promised to give us an increased level range for free.

"They owe us 66 - 70"
"They owe us /pet hold and it shouldn't be an AA"
"They owe us the ability to zone with our pets" (This actually happened)
"They owe us this spell or that ability"
"They owe us beastlord only weapons"

The only thing SoE owes you is access to their servers each time you pay for that access.  They owe you some semblance of customer service because your subscription fee pays for that service.  Beyond that, they don't owe you a thing.

Member of Night Eternal

Lacerate

QuoteThey owe you some semblance of customer service because your subscription fee pays for that service.

Still waiting for this.  :roll:

Urim

QuoteThey owe you some semblance of customer service because your subscription fee pays for that service.

Still waiting for this.
I always wonder how so many people can't be getting good customer service, makes me think people are being too rude or demanding of the GMs/guides. I sure know i wouldn't treat anyone being rude or demanding in a kind fashion which is why i'm always courteous. Any time i've encountered a problem with a bugged quest, lost item, etc they have always resolved the problem .. often times very fast (usually while im logged off for the night). The only time it took a while was the TImorous Deep part of the epic got bugged, since it was still very early on it kept getting bumped up and bumped up until it got to someone who knew about the quest and could do something. All in all, i've got nothing bad to say about the customer service.
Maelin Starpyre
[80 Arch Animist] Urim the Library Guardian (Iksar) <Crimson Tempest>

'Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity'

Kherryn

I'll have to dig up the quote from the summit, but I remember them saying something like 66 and 67 were supposed to be handed out at the Anniversary event, and 68-70 were supposed to come in at GoD.  However, some others decided against that (executives?) and no one apparently told the content designers who released GoD assuming people would be around 67 and able to get 70.

Lorathir

Quote from: EQStraticsTheir original plan was to raise the level cap 5 levels at the 5th Anniversary Fan Faire in April, for Gates of Discord, with a further 5 levels with the Omens of War expansion planned for the end of summer.

Source - http://www.stratics.com/content/articles/eq2summit.php

I wonder. It was common knowledge to most they planned a lv70 increase on the anniversary in preparation for GoD. Have Stratics got it right? Were we looking at a lv75 cap for OOW at one point?

JillieMT

Now, I see that there was discussion, and a "plan" to offer those level cap raises, but where was it "promised"? That is what I disagree with...
Lady Jillianna Silversoul and Cody
71.181 Halasian Feral Lady - Morell-Thule... erm, Erollisi Marr
Faveo Sulum Ipsemet Ascio

Lorathir

Quote from: JillieMTNow, I see that there was discussion, and a "plan" to offer those level cap raises, but where was it "promised"? That is what I disagree with...

Nope - it was never promised at all. We only know of this information when Sony told people at the summit of what they had at one point planned.

QuoteWasn't SOE's official "excuse" for making GoD so damn hard because they had planned on opening up 66-70 for free as part of the 5th Anniversary?

Yes.

QuoteAnd now we have to pay for those overdue and promised "free" 5 levels?

Yes, you have to pay to get access to levels 66 to 70.

Overdue? Perhaps if GoD hadn't been retuned you could say that - but (not having got the expansion) I'm told it's been tweaked to make lv65's life easier as they should have been 70 when engaging in some of it's content.

And as for those levels, they definately were not promised to us, sorry.

Kherryn

I wonder how hard the original GoD content would have been had we'd been able to hit 70, along with the new skill caps.

Elrathin

Quote from: KherrynI wonder how hard the original GoD content would have been had we'd been able to hit 70, along with the new skill caps.

I would imagine pretty hard.  Keep in mind that GoD was nerfed quite a bit when they realized they weren't gonna get the lvl 70 code in there.

Deathclaw

Quote from: Urim

Still waiting for this.
I always wonder how so many people can't be getting good customer service, makes me think people are being too rude or demanding of the GMs/guides. I sure know i wouldn't treat anyone being rude or demanding in a kind fashion which is why i'm always courteous. Any time i've encountered a problem with a bugged quest, lost item, etc they have always resolved the problem .. often times very fast (usually while im logged off for the night). The only time it took a while was the TImorous Deep part of the epic got bugged, since it was still very early on it kept getting bumped up and bumped up until it got to someone who knew about the quest and could do something. All in all, i've got nothing bad to say about the customer service.

hahah lol would love to have someone to be rude to, the 3 time i tried to use CS i waited 6 hour and got no one. and 2 week later it get close with thing like can not help, or if a tech problem, delete eq dir and reinstall (the next patch that got release 1 week later fix it)

Quezic Grahl

The fact that I paid somebody to do this L66-70 level grind makes me think that there must be something very, very wrong with me...

Grinding xp like a cambodian sweatshop worker would be bad enough for free, paying for it is masochistic.

Essant

Believe it or not a lot of the player base didnt intially respond very favorably to the idea of raising the level cap 5 extra levels at first.  It took a few months for SOE to sell this idea on us along with the Omens expansion.

Many players, including myself felt that 70 would trivialize too much existing content.  This probably will hold true.  For example it generally takes about 45-55 people to complete the RZTW event, people that are appropriately geared and of level to do it, that is.  I wouldnt be suprised at all if we can do it once we have 35 level 70 people, with most of their omens spells.

I no longer complain about it.  I understand the need for SOE to drive the player base higher faster, it important because it helps refresh and replenish the player base.  It will probably be advantageous to my guild as well because its no big suprise but I think its safe to say most guilds on most servers are suffering from attendace problems right now.

I'm sure that the change of plans regarding the cap at the 5 year anniversary and 5 more with omens release had a LOT more to do with how the player base responded than to SOE just lieing to us.
Elder Essant Le'Fur
70 Vah Shir Beastlord of the Rathe
Brotherhood of the Spider
My Stuff!