Main Menu

The usual first day crud.

Started by Eatbugs, September 14, 2004, 11:12:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eatbugs

Okay, so I went out and bought the OoW expansion today at the store.  Like all storebought expansions, you have to click on "Account" at the login screen, then fill in your account name and password on the station.sony.com site and register your expansion there.

I've been trying to do that every couple of minutes for the last six hours straight, and all I get is "We apologize that the login service is temporarily unavailable."  Either the login server for the site is down, or it's completely congested.  Dunno why I bother, not like they EVER prepare for the first day, you'd think they'd never done this before in their lives...

Of course, I paid already, so from their point of view I suppose it's all good.

/rant off.
Grimgrey Dorfeater
Troll Wildblood
Undivided Faith
Drinal

Eatbugs

Update:

If you're having the same problem and are using Mozilla (1.6 or Firefox) as your default browser, try copying the URL for the account sign in page to Internet Explorer instead.  Login and OOW registration work just fine every time I've tried it now in IE - for some reason it's not working at all in Mozilla.
Grimgrey Dorfeater
Troll Wildblood
Undivided Faith
Drinal

Eatbugs

Quote from: EatbugsUpdate:

If you're having the same problem and are using Mozilla (1.6 or Firefox) as your default browser, try copying the URL for the account sign in page to Internet Explorer instead.  Account Login on the station.sony.com site and OOW registration there work just fine every time I've tried it now in IE - for some reason it's not working at all in Mozilla.
Grimgrey Dorfeater
Troll Wildblood
Undivided Faith
Drinal

Eatbugs

Update:

If you're having the same problem and are using Mozilla (1.6 or Firefox) as your default browser, try copying the URL for the account sign in page to Internet Explorer instead.  Account Login on the station.sony.com site and OOW registration there work just fine every time I've tried it now in IE - for some reason it's not working at all in Mozilla.
Grimgrey Dorfeater
Troll Wildblood
Undivided Faith
Drinal

Eatbugs

*sigh* Forgot you can't edit in the rants forum. Sorry about the multiple posts.
Grimgrey Dorfeater
Troll Wildblood
Undivided Faith
Drinal

Skratchen

It's just one of those first days. Can't escape 'em  :P

Hey Skratchen!! How many times did slow get resisted on that last mob? Oh, three or four times...

Giledorm

I had no problems logging in and registering on either of my machines, both of which use Firefox.  Sorry for your luck!
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=395485&resize=true target=_blank>http://www.thirds.org/moose/newsig.jpg border=0>