Main Menu

New Epic clue ?

Started by Aubre, September 15, 2004, 04:02:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aubre

There is a new mob in Shar Vahl named Elder Animist Muada.  One of our new spells is named Muada. Could he be part of our new epic? He's in a little yellow shed on top of the palace, near the bard trainers.
Predator Aubre Tigre
Wildblood of Mithril Web
Lanys T'vyl Server

WarreSammontakoja

Quote from: AubreThere is a new mob in Shar Vahl named Elder Animist Muada.  One of our new spells is named Muada. Could he be part of our new epic? He's in a little yellow shed on top of the palace, near the bard trainers.

You say, 'Hail, Elder Animist Muada'

Elder Animist Muada says 'I will say 'tis very good to see you again.  Shall I assume we have some business to tend to?'
Elder Animist Muada says 'We can only talk in generalities for now as we are still investigating the strange disturbance with the feral spirits.  I can tell you that the opening of a way to Discord and that dark realm itself have something to do with all of this.  The spirit world has been [infected] by Discord somehow -- we are certain of that.'

Elder Animist Muada says 'Some fear we are losing some of our spirits as they sadly seep into that realm that seems to live and breathe.  We can only employ the best of beastlords to help us with this task.  You will, in fact, very much be acting as an elder for a time, becoming one with the wisest of us all.  Your body and beast will be strained to the fullest limits.  Are you [ready] to work among us, master of the feral?'

Elder Animist Muada says 'Very well then.  We, the elders, all carry and often wear a [Helm] of the Feral.  It is a cap that each of us creates to channel the essence of the wild through our minds and bodies.  If you are planning to attempt to walk with us in our battle against the chaos of the dark realm, then you will need to fashion your own.'

Elder Animist Muada says 'In order to create the helm, you will need to collect several items that may prove a challenge -- one that I feel you can overcome.  If you're willing, I will share the [requirements] with you, feral lord.'

Elder Animist Muada says 'These tasks fall to you and you only as a beastlord.  In order to create a helm that is truly your own that is tied to your essence, you must gather some rare items to create it.  And, you must be a master with your tailoring if you wish to succeed in making this item.  In part, you will need to use your instincts to discover where these [items] are. '

Elder Animist Muada says 'You will need to [find] a wild grass pushing through the stones of a dark corner in a place built on foul earth.  It bears a magic that we will use as the thread that will help focus your thoughts.  We will also require an elusive shrub that rarely shows itself that we recently discovered.  It is also magic and we will use it for the tanning.  Its essence shields your mind from invasion.'

Elder Animist Muada says 'You will also need to release the tortured essence of a bloated, wild, tusked creature that suffers and collect a tear.  Finally, a kindred spirit and tailor has found a magic that creates a good leather for this helm.  Seek him out.  Now go and return all of these precious goods and I will further instruct you.'

This is what Muada says....
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=321811 newwindow">Warre Sammontakoja
Feral Lord
Tapiolan Sankarit
Firiona Vie

Lowered

A shrubbery?

...couldn't resist.
Lowered Expectations of The Nameless

Xanin

QuoteAnd, you must be a master with your tailoring if you wish to succeed in making this item

Tradeskills a part of the epic quest? Man i hope not...

cougerofeq

Tell me about it - i hate tradeskills - too much like real life work.

Yiktiki

Sure will make you want to take that AA for decreasing your chance of failure.
Starlighte - Tauren Druid - Level 70
Misscreant - Blood Elf Warlock - Level 70
Kilrogg Server

RETIRED
Elder Yiktiki Tumbo - Feral Lord
Starlighte Starbrighte - Pocket Druid
Luclin Server

mampf

omg the suck "master" indicates 100 + and tailoring is by far the most utter crap skill

shenker

If a tradeskill is needed then guess what? Just say no to epic 1.5/2.0  No way in hell am I going to be forced to do a tradeskill to get the epic.  There is a reason why I don't do tradeskills. I hate how they are done in EQ.
Shenker

Troll Wildblood on Test Server
My main since Dec 2001 through thick and thin.
I LOVE MY BEAST!

WOW- Shenker 60 Human Priest on Lightbringer. (retired)

Vidyne

erm...
as long as it doesnt require lvling tailoring over 158 its reasonable.

Tailoring over 158 is torture that the human body shouldnt be meant to go through :)

1-131 or so.. is just a night or two in Velks farming spiders... and with the new UI.. its super simple...

Any 65 should VERY easily be able to get to 100 on all tradeskills, np at all...  and quickly too.  Nor do they cost much... well maybe smithing at that lvl.  100-150 gets... kinda hard on some of them...

150-200 is BAD on smithing/tailoring.... horrible on tailoring.
200-250 is mostly bad for most of the tradeskills.
200-250 smithing/tailoring will make you.... well... I wont say.

Hereki

It doesn't sound like an epic lead-in.  The only other one that I have seen text for the cleric epic, which starts off by acknowledging you as someone who already has epic 1.0.

Shieara

Could be the epic but sounds like a progressive armor quest to me.
Time will tell :)

Rhaynne

That is the starting point.  He responds to you differently if you haven't done your epic  1.

Bengali

EDIT: nm, Rhaynne answered :)
Savagespirit Bengali Grimmspirit, Scion of Shar Vahl

"My friend Mark said that he saw Bengali totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.
And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Siodan

well is Soney was telling teh truth, and IF (since we still don't know) that this is actualy the Epic quest and not just anotehr side quest (tho i to belive it is epic) then all teh otehr classes have to do TS as well...that can atleast make you happy :) , i'm already a GM brewer ( well super easy) and had plans for tailoring..and if you did the Coldain shawl then your tailoring should't have to go up that much... aye the aa's will really help here must be something to think about next year when i finnaly have enough to spend on this :)
If bsts are so powerful we should all guild together and in one giant raid, WIPE OUT NORRATH!!!  Muahahahahahaaaa

Tebdliz

Haw and you all laughed at me for planing to do Tradeskill aa's first *well at least you did in my head get out of there*.

Kinda sucks though.  Requiring you to master a tradeskill *they really suck* for your epic is just wrong.
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=402497" target="_blank" class="postlink">Amberly Lvl 65 Beastlord