Main Menu

New Epic clue ?

Started by Aubre, September 15, 2004, 04:02:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Knaw

There are people who didn't cared about the prayer shawl or the stupid newbie quests and therefore have a tailoring skill of < 5. Even if other classes need trade skills for their epic, tailoring is IMHO the most evil of all of them. I wouldn't mind that much about if it were brewing or JC or fishing (because i have 200 fishing skill :) ), but tailoring... as i mentioned somewhere else, bad drugs they sell in San Diego.

One question though, is this the lead in for those with epic 1.0 or without?
Knaw, the peachy Feral Lady.
Legendary Companions
The Tribunal

Hzark

Quote from: Xanin
QuoteAnd, you must be a master with your tailoring if you wish to succeed in making this item

Tradeskills a part of the epic quest? Man i hope not...

Muahahahahahaha
Wildcaller Hzark Drakyr

www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=688699

Siodan

well careing about the TS or not..anyone have ideas about what/where thies items are we need?
If bsts are so powerful we should all guild together and in one giant raid, WIPE OUT NORRATH!!!  Muahahahahahaaaa

Hereki

Other classes seem to believe that you get different responses if you have your epic equipped or not.

I'd go and check this if I wasn't at work :).

Zurash Kittenclaws

/sigh I am one of those that hated trade skills more than exp and aa grinding. I play to raid, and that is about it for me these days. Guess it is going to be one of those things that has to be done if the item itself is worth it.

Just hope that it doesnt end up being an item that will be replaced by time (or more likely) GoD weapons. THAT would make me rather annoyed if I go to the trouble of farming crap for tailoring.
Elder Zurash Kittenclaws - 70 Beastlord - Lanys T'Vyl Server

Bulge

Tailoring to 115 is extremely easy:

Buy all the greyhopper hides in the bazaar(go from 5-15 pp) and make Greyhopper Boots (1 Greyhopper hide, 1 Boot pattern): this will take you to 95.

Then buy all the high quality cat pelts in the Bazaar (again from 3-20 pp) and make Quivers (quiver pattern is cheap too, 1 cat pelt and 1 quiver pattern): this will take you to 115.

Skill ups are pretty darn fast up till 115, I farmed some greyhopper hides myself but I think I would not have spent more then 2k plat if I would have bought all pelts in the bazaar(I did not buy for more then 8 pp myself). Just keep checking the bazaar for these two types of pelts, keep some Boot and quiver patterns and a collapsed Sewingkit on your char, and you will be a Master tailor in 2 weeks without as so much as noticing it.
Bulge, 66 Beastlord of Third Era, Antonius Bayle(formerly Kane Bayle), temporarily retired.
Sterk, 45 SK of Indigo Skies, 6-box on Rathe server, and progressing through TSS.

Lesrik

Quote from: HerekiIt doesn't sound like an epic lead-in.  The only other one that I have seen text for the cleric epic, which starts off by acknowledging you as someone who already has epic 1.0.

There's a bit missing from the front end of it.  The guy talks about how you once helped Dumul and that Dumul was a student of his.  That the spirits are being affected by Discord and they need your help or something like that.

He's probably missing that part because after you start the conversation with him, he doesn't respond again with the very first text you recieve from him.  So someone who hasn't talked with him at all, but with epic will have to start a log before talking with him.

----------------------
I hate tailoring too... but I'll still try for epic 1.5.

Now to just figure out where there's a place built on foul earth, what ellusive shrub, tear from some tusked thing, and find a certain tailor.  ><

I think I'll just run my druid around EW and see if I can't get a ranger to poke their nose into Siren's Grotto to see if there are any strange Ulthorks or Seals on track... since it sounds like one mob is a seal/ulthork/mammoth/boar.

As for the tailor... maybe one of those loom people in PoTran?  I have no clue about the grass.  Someone might have to remember their lore and find out if places such as KC are built upon foul earth.  *shrugs as he heads off to class*

mythral

its utterly retarded theyd make tradeskills part of the epic quest, regrdless how "easy" it is to raise the skill

Zentrel

While wearing the epics this is his responce.

[Wed Sep 15 05:45:22 2004] Logging to 'eqlog.txt' is now *ON*.
[Wed Sep 15 05:45:24 2004] You say, 'Hail, Elder Animist Muada'
[Wed Sep 15 05:45:24 2004] Elder Animist Muada says 'You seem to have created a reputation for yourself. I have heard of you from Dumul himself as he keeps a watch on most beastlords in the lands. I trained him when he was much younger and look how magnificent he has become.  Like some others, I do see that you also have used your knowledge and skills well.  The command of wild spirits is very strong with you.  If you are truly in tune with the airs of spirits, you will likely know that all is not right with the [wild], no matter which path of the beastlord you follow.'
[Wed Sep 15 05:45:47 2004] You say, 'wild'
[Wed Sep 15 05:45:48 2004] Elder Animist Muada says 'We can only talk in generalities for now as we are still investigating the strange disturbance with the feral spirits.  I can tell you that the opening of a way to Discord and that dark realm itself have something to do with all of this.  The spirit world has been [infected] by Discord somehow -- we are certain of that.'
[Wed Sep 15 05:45:56 2004] Warder Keeper Jyk grabs a large chunk of raw owlbear meat from the storeroom.
[Wed Sep 15 05:46:04 2004] You say, 'infected'
[Wed Sep 15 05:46:04 2004] Elder Animist Muada says 'Some fear we are losing some of our spirits as they sadly seep into that realm that seems to live and breathe.  We can only employ the best of beastlords to help us with this task.  You will, in fact, very much be acting as an elder for a time, becoming one with the wisest of us all.  Your body and beast will be strained to the fullest limits.  Are you [ready] to work among us, master of the feral?'
[Wed Sep 15 05:46:15 2004] You say, 'i am ready'
[Wed Sep 15 05:46:15 2004] Elder Animist Muada says 'Very well then.  We, the elders, all carry and often wear a [Helm] of the Feral.  It is a cap that each of us creates to channel the essence of the wild through our minds and bodies.  If you are planning to attempt to walk with us in our battle against the chaos of the dark realm, then you will need to fashion your own.'
[Wed Sep 15 05:46:26 2004] You say, 'helm'
[Wed Sep 15 05:46:26 2004] Elder Animist Muada says 'In order to create the helm, you will need to collect several items that may prove a challenge -- one that I feel you can overcome.  If you're willing, I will share the [requirements] with you, feral lord.'
[Wed Sep 15 05:46:37 2004] You say, 'requirements'
[Wed Sep 15 05:46:38 2004] Elder Animist Muada says 'These tasks fall to you and you only as a beastlord.  In order to create a helm that is truly your own that is tied to your essence, you must gather some rare items to create it.  And, you must be a master with your tailoring if you wish to succeed in making this item.  In part, you will need to use your instincts to discover where these [items] are. '
[Wed Sep 15 05:46:57 2004] You say, 'items'
[Wed Sep 15 05:46:57 2004] Elder Animist Muada says 'You will need to [find] a wild grass pushing through the stones of a dark corner in a place built on foul earth.  It bears a magic that we will use as the thread that will help focus your thoughts.  We will also require an elusive shrub that rarely shows itself that we recently discovered.  It is also magic and we will use it for the tanning.  Its essence shields your mind from invasion.'
[Wed Sep 15 05:47:09 2004] You say, 'find'
[Wed Sep 15 05:47:09 2004] Elder Animist Muada says 'You will also need to release the tortured essence of a bloated, wild, tusked creature that suffers and collect a tear.  Finally, a kindred spirit and tailor has found a magic that creates a good leather for this helm.  Seek him out.  Now go and return all of these precious goods and I will further instruct you.'

----------------------------------------------

and i thought that by having the epics we were supposed to be able to skip the first part?  or was i mistaken?  maybe its for a part later on....

Lesrik

Quote from: ZentrelWhile wearing the epics this is his responce.

and i thought that by having the epics we were supposed to be able to skip the first part?  or was i mistaken?  maybe its for a part later on....

We might be skipping the first part here.  If we hadn't done our epic, we might have to prove ourselves to Muada by doing some quests.  But since we already aided Dumul, he knows that we are strong enough to help him.

Nusa

Aye, getting tailoring up (for aid grimel) was one of the more grueling things I've ever done. But if we can figure out what to try, I'll be more than glad to make the attempt. I'm on Quellious if there's anything tradable that can be passed on.

Nusa

Bananea

Getting Tailoring over 100 is not "that" hard.

2 Mandrake Roots combined will get you to 75 skill if I remember correctly.

As for the clues ...

No idea yet, still searching though.

Xanin

Quote'You will need to [find] a wild grass pushing through the stones of a dark corner in a place built on foul earth. It bears a magic that we will use as the thread that will help focus your thoughts. We will also require an elusive shrub that rarely shows itself that we recently discovered. It is also magic and we will use it for the tanning. Its essence shields your mind from invasion.

Does this sound like Foraging to anyone else? Tradeskills and foraging... yay.

Skratchen

Just when I had hope that questing was becoming more fun again, I read that we need to be master tailors.......

SONY requiring beastlords to become master tailors to continue their epics just turned me completely off.  No thanks.   Hunting and pecking the whole wide world of EQ and spending hunderds of thousands of plat for odds and ends to fill all of my bank slots in order to spend countless mind-numbing hours clicking just to be able to continue questing the beastlord epic?  There is NOTHING exciting or epic in my mind about clicking my wrist into carpel tunnel syndrome in order to pursue my beastlord's epic 1.5 & 2.0.  

In complete contrast, the recent additions of the new VP quests are actually some of the most fun quests that I've done in EQ over the last 4+ years.  I've been working on them for my alt wizard and also for some other unguilded friends (particularly my friends who don't have access to the raid drops).  And I just can't adequately say how much fun I've had chasing down all the items for the various quests.  The addition of these quests truely gives non-uber characters a chance to go about questing for some very uber items in a single group setting.  The quests require you to travel to many different zones and provide fun challenges and obsticles to completing the various VP quests.  The only un-fun part of the VP quests was the hours of faction farming in MM.  But faction farming makes much more sense even for an epic than being a master dress maker  :roll:   :evil:

Hopefully I'm incorrectly interpretting the text from the new quest NPC in Shar Vahl.  Time will tell soon enough...

Hey Skratchen!! How many times did slow get resisted on that last mob? Oh, three or four times...

Raaski Razorclaws

QuoteDoes this sound like Foraging to anyone else? Tradeskills and foraging... yay.

No, it sounds like a ground spawn...

Also, so what if an epic includes one or more tradeskills. It is an EPIC quest (suspose to be hard), if you don't like the requirements just don't do it (this statements wasn't pointed at anyone, just general).