Main Menu

New Epic clue ?

Started by Aubre, September 15, 2004, 04:02:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Klahw

I am so freakin' excited by this, thanks to everyone for posting their information!!!!

I'm thinking SG for an enthralled ulthork/bulthar is my first hit, then maybe the vamp castle in TM for the ground spawn.  Any other ideas?

Is there anywhere in the OoW or GoD zones that fit the descriptions?

Good luck to everyone who is doing this!
Klahw

a Torv refugee

Mahes

It implies we need to be tailors, but we don't know this for sure, yet.  Especially with the text about finding a tailor.

Let's figure it out before we start screaming at SOE.

Tardar

Remember the Epic 1.0 talked a lot about smithing a set of claws that had magical powers.  We didn't have to be Master Blacksmith's to do that one.  Nobody knows at this point what the Helm reference is, and if that even has anything to do with the epic.  This may be some armor quest.

Skratchen

Quote from: Raaski Razorclaws...

Also, so what if an epic includes one or more tradeskills. It is an EPIC quest (suspose to be hard), if you don't like the requirements just don't do it (this statements wasn't pointed at anyone, just general).

I respectfully disagree.  But in one way you are right, I will not attempt the continuation of the beastlord epic if it is truely requiring us to be master tailors.  I'd prefer weeks of faction farming over being forced to become a master tailor.  That's just a poorly designed quest imo.

Hey Skratchen!! How many times did slow get resisted on that last mob? Oh, three or four times...

Bulge

C'mon, people, getting to 100+(Master) in any tradeskill is a walk in the park nowadays.

Like I said, you need 5 things

Greyhopper hides (5-10 pp, bazaar)
    Few stacks of Boot patterns (few sp, merchant)
    Few Stacks of Quiverpatterns (same)
    High quality cat pelts(5-10pp, bazaar)
    Collapsed sewingkit 150 pp, bazaar)
    And about 2-3k plat.[/list:u]

Buy hides whenever you are in bazaar and make Greyhopper boots till you get to 95, then make quivers till you get to 115.

It's so easy. Same for Master smith, few k plat making banded (all storebought stuff) and you are 118 or some. Did it in one evening.
Bulge, 66 Beastlord of Third Era, Antonius Bayle(formerly Kane Bayle), temporarily retired.
Sterk, 45 SK of Indigo Skies, 6-box on Rathe server, and progressing through TSS.

Raaski Razorclaws

QuoteI'd prefer weeks of faction farming over being forced to become a master tailor.

So you prefer mindlessly pressing buttons over and over killing mobs for days/weeks to get faction/drops, instead of mindlessly pressing buttons over and over while sitting infront of something stationary...interesting.

While I can respect why you don't want to see TS in a quest you are interested in (heck, tradeskills aren't my cup of tea either), I find it as another challenge instead of the standard "go here, kill this mob...now go here and kill this one."

As someone has stated already, it may not require you to be a high skill tailorer or even one at all.

Knaw

QuoteNow go and return all of these precious goods and I will further instruct you.
After re-reading this... it doesn't say "combine in a sewing kit" yet.
So for now we should rather think about what are the pieces we are supposed to collect first, then worry about what to do with them.
Knaw, the peachy Feral Lady.
Legendary Companions
The Tribunal

Lheo

maybe its just a armorquest...

Skratchen

Quote from: BulgeC'mon, people, getting to 100+(Master) in any tradeskill is a walk in the park nowadays.

Buy hides whenever you are in bazaar and make Greyhopper boots till you get to 95, then make quivers till you get to 115.

It's so easy. Same for Master smith, few k plat making banded (all storebought stuff) and you are 118 or some. Did it in one evening.
Bulge, when I think of someone who is a master tradeskiller, I'm thinking of someone that has their skill maxed at 250.  I'm not sure if you are aware of what's involved with getting from a skill level of 158 to 250 in tailoring, but the availability of items required for combines basically range from very uncommon to rare.  Then couple that with rng of skill-ups, tailoring is a very very ugly and frustrating path to become a true master tailor.

Hey Skratchen!! How many times did slow get resisted on that last mob? Oh, three or four times...

Dreambringer

Other then this NPC has anyone found any other clues? This NPC talks of "first" making this helm to prove you are able something like "Feral Lord" material (not looking at the info atm). I checked Mistmoore, Burning Wood and Unrest for a couple of rocks with a grass in a dark corner, as of yet unsuccessful... BUT, if someone finds that we can wield epic 1.0 and bypass this part please post that information. The more we help each other the faster we can all move on. Thank you.

Predator Dreambringer Daywarder
THE Feral Lord of Rallos Zek
Proud member of Wudan

Skratchen

Quote from: Raaski Razorclaws
QuoteI'd prefer weeks of faction farming over being forced to become a master tailor.

So you prefer mindlessly pressing buttons over and over killing mobs for days/weeks to get faction/drops, instead of mindlessly pressing buttons over and over while sitting infront of something stationary...interesting.

While I can respect why you don't want to see TS in a quest you are interested in (heck, tradeskills aren't my cup of tea either), I find it as another challenge instead of the standard "go here, kill this mob...now go here and kill this one."

As someone has stated already, it may not require you to be a high skill tailorer or even one at all.
Faction farming (i.e. killing bad guys so you can get on your quest giver's good guy list) can be immensely more engaging (for me atleast) than farming a few hundred thousand plat in order to blow it farming the bazaar for tailoring supplies and then add on countless more hours chasing down mobs for the tailoring items that you couldn't get in the bazaar.  Oh, and then couple that with hours and hours of multiple clickings just to be overjoyed with that one combine that confirms that skill up message wasn't just a fairy tale.  

Look, don't get me wrong, if you like tailoring, that's wonderful for you.  I'm glad you enjoy it if that's the case.  My point is, SOE shouldn't require a whole class to become master tailors for their epic if that said epic reward isn't actually a pair of Super Epic @ssless Leather Chaps.....

Aeshmal

QuoteBulge, when I think of someone who is a master tradeskiller, I'm thinking of someone that has their skill maxed at 250.
However, when the game talks about a master tradeskiller, it's referring to anyone with a skill of over 100. I'm guessing that, if tailoring skill is a requisite at all, that it won't be necessary to have it higher than 150 at the most for epic 1.5, and 220ish for epic 2.0. But we'll see.

At any rate, perhaps it would be a bit more productive to talk about the parts of the quest that we KNOW apply to the quest; i.e. the four things we have to find. We have lots and lots of high level beastlords who can work together on solving this; we should use that power.

Oh; and please join serverwide.beastlords:beastlords if you wish to participate actively in the epic discussion that's usually going on there.

Bulge

Quote from: Skratchen
Quote from: BulgeC'mon, people, getting to 100+(Master) in any tradeskill is a walk in the park nowadays.

Bulge, when I think of someone who is a master tradeskiller, I'm thinking of someone that has their skill maxed at 250.  I'm not sure if you are aware of what's involved with getting from a skill level of 158 to 250 in tailoring, but the availability of items required for combines basically range from very uncommon to rare.  Then couple that with rng of skill-ups, tailoring is a very very ugly and frustrating path to become a true master tailor.

Ah, yes, I realize that, Skratchen, but I heard someone mention in this thread that the requirement might only be Master tailor and this is what you become when you reach a skill of 100. I consider players with 250 skill Grandmasters and I think they refer to themselves as such too.  I know getting to 200 in Tailoring and Smithing is a bitch and after that it's plain torture. :)  I have been looking into the shadowscream armour for Smithing myself and I can already see my spending weeks in Hollowshade Moor... not fun.

But maybe all is needed is just this 100+ skill and that really would not be a crazy requirement for epic 2.0, imo.  

If you need 250 skill though, I'm out also. :D
Bulge, 66 Beastlord of Third Era, Antonius Bayle(formerly Kane Bayle), temporarily retired.
Sterk, 45 SK of Indigo Skies, 6-box on Rathe server, and progressing through TSS.

Lithale

Foul earth... Plane of Disease?

-Lith

Skratchen

Master (insert tradeskill here) = 100
Grandmaster ( insert tradeskill here) = 250

*goes to the corner now and shuts up*