Main Menu

New Epic clue ?

Started by Aubre, September 15, 2004, 04:02:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Knaw

Step two is to cut down the biggest and mightiest tree in the forrest with... a HERRING!

So far i fail to see the logic. So the Elder of the beastlords are not the wisest, savagest, mightiest. No, they are the ones with the fancy hat. Yes. That makes sense. And to prove that you are mighty yourself you have to make your own hat. Does it has "mighty beastlord" written all over it? Are we friggin wizards? Is the dope they sell in San Diego really that bad?
Knaw, the peachy Feral Lady.
Legendary Companions
The Tribunal

a_moss_snake_001

Why guess? Just help do the quest then we will find out if the helm combine is a no fail combine or if it requires some amount of tailoring.

Until that point why worry about it and how did this thread turn into a rant/bicker-fest about tradeskills? Useful information please...

Got in late after work last night and briefly popped into Danik's Scar for 45 mins before my ISP went down so I havent had chance to do much more than change my title, level to 66 and explore perhaps 15% of the zone.

I'll work on this epic quest a little before my guild raids tonight.

Dreambringer

Yes, lets focus on something past the tailoring becouse if have to me a master at it to get epic then not much we can really do about it now. Let's move on. Anyone else found any new NPC's that reference our epic?

Predator Dreambringer Daywarder
THE Feral Lord of Rallos Zek
Proud member of Wudan

ForestStalker

The original Ranger epic had a collect series very similiar to the write up of yours, that resulted in the ranger needing to do a combine in a pottery wheel.  However, the combine was no fail, so even with a skill of 0, you got your result to continue the quest.

Oghie

The Hole (Ruins of Old Paineel) may be an idea for the place built on foul earth.
Savage Lord Oghie Ogrethorpe  
Azure Sky, Prexus
"I wanted to meet interesting and stimulating people of an ancient culture, and eat them"

Sharrien

I suspect the "kindred spirit and tailor" when found will shed more light on the tailoring question.  Anyone found him yet?  Kindred spirit says to me one of the beastlord races and I'm guessing he is a tailoring vender.  I also suspect that this npc would be in a neutral location to avoid KOS issues between our diverse brothers and sisters.  Anyone talk to the tailoring venders in Shar Vahl yet?  How about the barbs in West Karana?  What race are the tailoring venders in Shadowhaven?  Have any new npcs shown up in Abysmal Sea?  The tailoring venders in Katta or Seru are also a possibility, but I hope not since most of us have probably wrecked our faction with one or both cities.

For the dark corner in a place built on foul earth I was thinking the temple in PoE or the temple in PoD.  Possibly Unrest, but that zone seems a bit noobish for a quest at this level.  I'm not really up on the lore in GoD, are any of the GoD zones described as being foul or perhaps desecrated?

Going to take a wild stab in the dark and say the bloated, wild, tusked creature might be a new elephant in SK.  It's an underused zone with enough space for a badass epic encounter without shutting the zone down (upchucks briefly at the thought of another Quillmane hunt under a different name).  Might also be walruses/mammoth in EW or rhinos/mastadons in WW.
Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden
Maelin Starpyre

Raaski Razorclaws

I would imagine any new Epic stuff would be in either Old world, or new OoW incase someone doesn't have "X" expansion they wouldn't have access to it. For beastlords though it would make sense to have some Luclin parts (since if you are playing a bst you have to have Luclin).

Xanin

As we're brainstorming...

Quote...a wild grass pushing through the stones of a dark corner in a place built on foul earth.... We will also require an elusive shrub...'
So, we have 2 ground spawns/foraged items from the same general location... Lithale suggested PoDisease as a place of foul earth, perhaps the castle? Though a place with stone (like cobblestone) floors comes to mind.

[Wed Sep 15 05:47:09 2004] You say, 'find'
[Wed Sep 15 05:47:09 2004] Elder Animist Muada says 'You will also need to release the tortured essence of a bloated, wild, tusked creature that suffers and collect a tear. Finally, a kindred spirit and tailor has found a magic that creates a good leather for this helm. Seek him out. Now go and return all of these precious goods and I will further instruct you.'

Sounds like we're looking for a boar/elephant type creature, perhaps with the name 'A Suffering...." Any OoW zones so far have tusked creatures? Tactics is the first thing that comes to mind, with the warboars.

A kindred spirit, might suggest another Beastlord "Savage Lord xxx", "Primalist xxx"

Kanan

Tusked creature... tormentors in PoTorment maybe? or is incorporating PoP into it going lil far?  Since SoE is trying to get people to go to under-used zones more & more now.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Sardarni

"Foul Earth"
I'm at work now, so I can't look it up.  There was a new file sent when I logged in this morning, something like "Omens_manual.pdf".

In it described the new Oows zones, and something about the war/whatever "fouled the earth".

Anybody  got that handy? It only makes sense that at least some of the quest will be in OoW.

Also it gives breif desriptions of the zones and main race.  Also lists the OoW AAs.

mrowrr

QuoteSounds like we're looking for a boar/elephant type creature, perhaps with the name 'A Suffering...." Any OoW zones so far have tusked creatures? Tactics is the first thing that comes to mind, with the warboars.

Honestly last night when I was in this one zone(don't know zone name) we fought these big fat bloated extremely fast running tusked demon things(name eludes me).  I'm almost going to bet that is the type of mob that drops what we need, I'm assuming some named spawn in that zone since that is the first zone is about elemental level.  

We did kill a named version of those fat bloated demons but it didn't drop anything but a leather bracer and a lesser spell rune.
Mrowrr Puur
70 Beastlord
http://www.dwarecmercs.com">Dwarec Mercs
Terris Thule
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=118261">Mrowrr's Bling Bling!

Dreambringer

Yes but you are all forgeting that some of the items are going to be in instanced zones, if you read the first dev chat it talks about instanced and non-instanced drops... for example, the tusked creatures in Everfrost LDON, i believe i've seen a tear drop on those before. /nod

Predator Dreambringer Daywarder
THE Feral Lord of Rallos Zek
Proud member of Wudan

Lesrik

Hmmm... don't know if this is what we're looking for, but was reading through what the shaman have of their epic 1.5 quest so far, and this part caught my eye.

http://forums.interealms.com/shaman/showthread.php?threadid=23653

---------------------------------
From shaman epic 1.5:  

Twilight Sea.

Find Tikl Huk in the SE corner (troll) at -1528, -1794

You say, 'Hail Tikl Huk'
You say, 'The elder spirit sent me'

Tikl Huk says 'Yous sent by spirit? Me surprised it send so quick. Me no time to get da shrub yets. Yous will needs to get three of dem. Da shrub only grow nearby in only few spots. Gib dem to me when yous nab dem.'

Location for the shrub (looks like a bag):
1) 109, -903 on land
2) 1378, -611 on land
3) 400, 943 underwater
4) -1493, -1212 underwater

Once you find three of them, give them to Tikl Huk.
Tikl Huk says 'Me proud! Now you must protect dat for da spirit. It need it badly. You be careful. Dere might be some baddies out dere dat may want to take dat from you. Spirit said dere are evils working against us. I hab tied da shrub for you so dat it don't get ruined.

He gives you back "Tied Twinkling Shrubs"

---------------------------------------

Could this possibly be the shrub we need?

Choppin

Dont tell me I need Fsdaf2)"§UDJIOPSWDJ tradeskills for epic, &§!"§$!"§$
grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Choppin Lethal
Feral Lord

Lesrik

Well so far shaman seem to need alchemy for their epic, and most likely rogues will need poison making.  So they might have at least have 1 tradeskill part in every epic, just not one that requires high level of tradeskilling