Main Menu

What you need to get OOW spells -- updated info 9/18

Started by Askyn, September 15, 2004, 06:30:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Askyn

Howdy all,

Dont thing this has been asked yet, but, what is the item you turn in to get the new OOW spells?

( like in pops they were different partchments etc )

I realize that they wont be in the bazaar for a long time to come, but more importantly.

What are we looking for when we kill mobs? What is it we want to make sure and try to get to get our new spells?!

=============

I did a lot of research and here are the results:

Runes needed --

Tradeable:
Minor Muramite Rune - lvl 66 spells
Lesser Muramite Rune - lvl 67 spells
Muramite Rune - lvl 68 spells

No Drop ( untradeable )
Greater Muramite Rune - lvl 69 spells
Glowing Muramite Rune - lvl 70 spells

Spell quest NPC

Karsor the Mad -  Dranik Scar - (Loc -1670, -40).
Say what rune and hand in.

Man0warr

Lesser and great runes from named in every zone except Dranik Scar
rathe.Battlesaur Robotindisguise
Legend of Marr - The Rathe

Dakat

Ok now we know what drops and where, now who do we see to turn in?

Kashmiir Battlekat

Im curious about this also.

Post the following:

Who did you kill.
What did he drop?
Who did you turn it in to?
What spell did you get?

Vorhees

Got a "Muramite Rune" from a yellow con in Noble's Causeway.  I don't believe it was a named, it had an "a" before it.  But it was one of the higher level mobs around.  I was able to duo it np with my druid.  He had an AE for around 250, and mitigated slow, but he really wasn't hard at all.

Turned it in to Karsor the Mad in Dranik's Scar, and got the 68 pet haste spell.

I'd like to know where to get some of the lesser runes though, since I probably won't be leveling up that high for awhile.  I thought about trading that rune for a lesser one just to get a spell I could use now.

Vorhees

Also, I killed a few named in the Bloodfields, and didn't see any runes drop.  The blue con named there were really easy, and dropped a couple nice items (including a +10 atk aug).

Urim

There are 4 different types of Runes that i have found. First three were tradeable, last one wasn't. I believe they work like this ...

Minor Muramite Rune - lvl 66 spells
Lesser Muramite Rune - lvl 67 spells
Muramite Rune - lvl 68 spells
Greater Muramite Rune - lvl 69/70 spells (NO DROP)

Unfortunately i was unable to win any of the 4 runes that dropped during my group in Muramite Proving Grounds so cannot confirm whether the minor/lesser are switched around or not.
Maelin Starpyre
[80 Arch Animist] Urim the Library Guardian (Iksar) <Crimson Tempest>

'Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity'

Vorhees

Any other zones the lesser ones drop in?  The one Muramite Rune was pretty easy to get, so I figured the lesser ones would be even easier.  I've ran into quite a few named spread out thru various zones, but they seem to just be dropping items, not anymore runes.

Moffett

First return for Greater Muramite rune is Spiritual Ascendence. And I thought it was going to be the regen :)

Askyn

Strange thing happened to me today.

I had 1 minor and 1 lessor rune

I turned them both in and got ... 2x lvl67 spells !!!!

Yes they were different runes im 100% sure.

Anyone have any ideas why?

Liga

Did you already have all of your 66 spells?  (well both)

Askyn

No .. these were my first turn ins.

I had NO spells up to that point ( not complaining TOO much I only have 20% left to ding 67).

It would be nice to get the 66 spells tho.

Plumps Klo

Do the spell scrolls you receive reflect the drop attribute of the runes you hand in? That is, does handing in a no drop rune result in a no drop spell scroll?

Eatbugs

Quote from: Plumps KloDo the spell scrolls you receive reflect the drop attribute of the runes you hand in? That is, does handing in a no drop rune result in a no drop spell scroll?

As far as I can tell, all of the omens spells are nodrop, whether they come from a droppable rune or a nodrop one.
Grimgrey Dorfeater
Troll Wildblood
Undivided Faith
Drinal

jitathab

anyone actually found any rune drops outside WOS or Nobels? And if so from what?