Main Menu

OoW - Dranik's Scar for solo 50s

Started by Warderr, September 15, 2004, 05:44:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warderr

You can get to this Omens of War zone by talking to a Priest of Discord in any starting town.

If you are in your low 50s, focus on Dragorns. When they flee at low health, they run at snared speeds. Also, try the bat caves along the wall next to the zone in. I was able to single pull from the group with a slow.

If you are mid 50s, try Nocs and the hounds. But be careful with the Nocs (410pt damage proc).

If you are high 50s try the floating squid guys. They hit hard and you may have to pet tank to back off and heal up.

Mobs are spaced for easy single pulling. There are no guards by the Priests of Discord, so if you're in trouble, spam the keywords for the PoD port out and run in circles until the port goes off. Most mobs mitigate slow to some extent.

Good luck and good hunting.

Warderr N'Wolfie
57 BST of The Nameless
<The Fools Republic>

Gharrik

I just gave this zone a shot for the first time at level 57.  I was expecting the normal jump in mob difficulty compared to older expansions, but I was surprised to find the mobs near the zone in are somewhat easier than Velks spiders and give similar experience, despite Velks being a hotzone right now.  And since I hate setting up a bazaar mule to sell velium, it really helps that I got a ruby and 5pp off the first dragorn I killed.  Great zone for this level range, and a nice change of pace from my Velks/Torgiran/Seru confined-spaces grinding.

Question though.  Is there a convenient zoneline I can run to if things get nasty?  Some of these things are faster than SoW and that Priest of Discord port out is kinda slow.  It'd be nice to get the 58 pet and then plant myself near a zone line (preferably with a notch or two higher mobs) and grind on to 60.

Khauruk

Nothing nice, no.  Bloodfields zoneline is fairly crowded, thought might be worth a shot.  Harb Spire wouldn't be good, and Noble's Causeway would suck.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Gharrik

I wandered down into the valley straight out from the Priests of Discord this morning, pulled 1 dragorn peon, and killed 6 adds in the chaos that followed before I had to make a pathetic run to the PoD and spam the get out message, only to be ported to Halas as I was killed by a DoT.  I really need a better pulling spot to make this zone worthwhile, especially soon when I get the 58 pet.