I DONT WANT TO DO THOSE SONY !!!!!! I HATE THEM
Choppin Lethal
Feral Lord

JillieMT

Lady Jillianna Silversoul and Cody
71.181 Halasian Feral Lady - Morell-Thule... erm, Erollisi Marr
Faveo Sulum Ipsemet Ascio

Hrann

I think he's referring to the new epics; from preliminary NPC messages, it seems like we may need to do some tradeskilling to ge them.

JillieMT

Yep, I know. But last I knew, going for that epic wasn't a requirement to play EQ.  :P
Lady Jillianna Silversoul and Cody
71.181 Halasian Feral Lady - Morell-Thule... erm, Erollisi Marr
Faveo Sulum Ipsemet Ascio

Strigori

just because they talk about doesnt mean that is the whole story.  If it is a no fail combine then allthe anger everyone has is just alot of wasted energy.
Wildcaller Strigori
  70 Wildblood
  Officer of
  Fellowship of Dragons
  Ayonae Ro

BloodCelt

If Tradeskills are involved.  there will be one less beastlord competing for epic spawns and items on the Rathe ;p

IronCelt doesnt DO tradeskills.
[FONT COLOR=yellow]
Ironcelt McClain - Feral Lord - <The Mercenary Syndicate> The Rathe Server

Ukator Iceblood

Tradeskill is involved. I couldn't combine the first part of epic 1.5 or whatever. Told me my skill was too low.
Ukator Iceblood and Wolf
70 Beastlord

Kator Kerrath
Berserker

Tunare's Benevolence
Xegony

Razimir

F... new epic then imo.

-Raz

bham

I was too damn lazy to do the first epic, which would be trivial for me to do now.

I cant see me doing any trade skilling to get the new epic.
Bham - Cleric - Mage - Wizard - Tentrix
Bertox

Sardarni

Looks like you only need to get tailoring to 100+ for the first part of the epic.

Ukator Iceblood

Doesn't matter that its only 100. Only might as well be 375 for those of use who hate tradeskills in this game.

Heck I've done TSs in other games, just did them in WoW beta, but in EQ they drive me insane. Guess I'm just gonna throw money at it, bazaar buy stuff, and try to burn to 100 fast.
Ukator Iceblood and Wolf
70 Beastlord

Kator Kerrath
Berserker

Tunare's Benevolence
Xegony

Urim

Damn, people make it sound like its gonna take a month non stop to get 100 tailoring. Its very simple and can be done while LFG and waiting for a group. 1-54 can be done for zero (0) plat in Abysmal Sea. from 54-66 can be gotten by combined two (2) mandrake roots bought frlom alchemy merchants. Then buy up the cheap grehoppyer hids in the bazaar and combine with boot pattern will get to skill of 95. If not enough greyhopper hides then pick up from high quality cat pelts and combine with quiver pattern to get up to 115. It took me all of 20-25 minutes while LFG to get from 54-101 and a piddly amount of plat.

It's extremely easy and im sure that when the epics are finished and on live servers the minor little bit of boredom you'd have to suffer through will be more then worth it.
Maelin Starpyre
[80 Arch Animist] Urim the Library Guardian (Iksar) <Crimson Tempest>

'Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity'

Shieara

I don't think people are that upset about getting tailoring to 100.  I think they, like me, are fearing where it might go from there.  Personally, I think tradeskills are boring.   I don't like them in EQ, didn't like them in DAoC or WoW either.  I'm more then willing to go to 100 or even somewhat higher, but I am afraid it will only get worse from here I guess.  Tailoring my way to 250 skill rates right up there with a root canal on the fun list.  Well maybe not that high....

BloodCelt

Quote from: UrimDamn, people make it sound like its gonna take a month non stop to get 100 tailoring. Its very simple and can be done while LFG and waiting for a group. 1-54 can be done for zero (0) plat in Abysmal Sea. from 54-66 can be gotten by combined two (2) mandrake roots bought frlom alchemy merchants. Then buy up the cheap grehoppyer hids in the bazaar and combine with boot pattern will get to skill of 95. If not enough greyhopper hides then pick up from high quality cat pelts and combine with quiver pattern to get up to 115. It took me all of 20-25 minutes while LFG to get from 54-101 and a piddly amount of plat.

It's extremely easy and im sure that when the epics are finished and on live servers the minor little bit of boredom you'd have to suffer through will be more then worth it.

I never claimed that it wasnt easy, nor have I stated that it does not belong in the epic quest.    I just DO NOT DO tradeskills.  I detest them, I look down upon them, I do not like them, I have no desire whatsoever to even consider the most remote possibility of accidently falling into a loom and raising my tailoring to (1) in the proccess of thrashing to get out of it.

Tradeskills + Ironcelt = aint gonna happen.

It's not a matter of me whining that its in, its a matter of "I have no desire to persue the epic due to tradeskills being involved."

Recap:  Ironcelt does NOT do tradeskills.
[FONT COLOR=yellow]
Ironcelt McClain - Feral Lord - <The Mercenary Syndicate> The Rathe Server

Cyphen Wilder

Then we can deduce: Ironcelt = no epic 2.0...... :P