Main Menu

I hate tradeskills

Started by Choppin, September 15, 2004, 06:02:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Choppin

as much as I hated it I did raise my tailoring to 100 (from 0)

you get to 54 for free (with freely handed to you combine items) in abysmal see, talk with female tailor vendor there

after that I bought lot of HQ rockhopper hiders and combined til 88, then I bought up all crystalline silk and swatches and got the last 12 pts by trying to make crystalline tunics

think it took me 3 hours...
Choppin Lethal
Feral Lord

BloodCelt

Yes, I think it is safe to say Ironcelt will not be doing epic 2.0 ;p

... unless of course..  nah, never happen.  Ironcelt does not DO tradeskills.
[FONT COLOR=yellow]
Ironcelt McClain - Feral Lord - <The Mercenary Syndicate> The Rathe Server

Eatbugs

I have yet to hear of anyone failing this combine - the trivial may be over 100, but it appears to be nofail.

I don't think one combine is "doing tradeskills." Still, just one combine might be like just one shot of heroin - better stay away from it, or you'll find yourself mainlining Othmir pelts!
Grimgrey Dorfeater
Troll Wildblood
Undivided Faith
Drinal

Choppin

huh ? you cant combine it unless you have 100 skill, therefor you HAVE to do raise this tradeskill by humm tailoring which is "tradeskilling"
Choppin Lethal
Feral Lord

Eatbugs

Well, yes. However, getting your skill to 100 in tailoring takes about an hour.  If you're too allergic to tradeskills to spend an hour at it, then you probably don't do many quests anyway, as 99.99% of them have longer, more boring camps than that.

Like the first epic, for instance.  :P
Grimgrey Dorfeater
Troll Wildblood
Undivided Faith
Drinal

Zeezrum

well Iron, your not alone, My I did enough trade skill to become a GM brewer,

I wont be doing anymore, Its mind numbingly boring and costly.

not only that its completely useless.

Zeezrum = no epic 2.0.  And quite frankly I couldnt care less.
_________
that'll do donkey, that'll do.

Lesrik

Good thing no one here plays a rogue then.  They need to do different tradeskills for each part of their epic 2.0.

cougerofeq

Quote from: LesrikGood thing no one here plays a rogue then.  They need to do different tradeskills for each part of their epic 2.0.

Yea - but for the 700 dps they will do - it will be worth it :P

Paayne

It took me 20min zoning in between the bazaar and shadowhaven and about 2.5k plat to raise the skill from 0 to 105.

Its not a big deal.  Frankly if you refuse to do it for 'the principal' of the matter then its your own loss.

BloodCelt

Oh it has nothing to do with principal.  oh hell no, I never touch the stuff myself.   Its just blind unmitigated hatred for tradeskilling.
[FONT COLOR=yellow]
Ironcelt McClain - Feral Lord - <The Mercenary Syndicate> The Rathe Server

Aeshmal

I'll be interested to see what you think of the Maiden's Eye camp. I would happily raise tailoring to 158 (the max possible without spending a LOT of cash) three or four times rather than continue to do this amazingly stupid camp.