Main Menu

bye bye group IOS? /sigh

Started by Purrpaws, September 16, 2004, 06:09:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Purrpaws

I was looking through the 66-70 spells today in tandem with reading the top 10 list here on the forum.

I come to the part in the most recent top 10 list, that states to Sony that the 65 GoD spell Tureptian Spirit is useless to people that can actually get the spell, they want something else worth looting (to paraphrase). So I see that you guys, you lucky guys got a 65 heal that is now fairly inferior to what we can get at level 67.

Were you guys, whoever you are that had an issue with group IOS, never in situations where you had to be the buffer in the group? How annoying it is, to have to cast that spell 3-4 times in a group, along with other buffs of course, while impatient group members are asking: am I done yet? can we start? can we start already?

The group buff was nothing special, but now we have a heal that will soon be useless. At least Tureptian Spirit offered a bit of convenience, and I had looked forward to having it some day.

Xilef

Sure the GoD heal is inferior the the OoW, but before we had it, the OoW was also lower (556 instead of 680).

Getting the new GoD heal made SOE upgrade our OoW heal, so we did get an upgrade in healing, just in OoW and not in GoD.

(the weird part is that it will probably be easier to get the 67 heal than the GoD one)
Predator http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=132288" target="_blank">Xilef - Level 68 Feral Lord of Inner Chi
Prexus Server

Gudaman

If your far enough in content to loot the rune which gave group ios and now is a heal then their usualy shouldn't be a reason to have to cast on it group members of the same status.

TerjynPovar

Actually, with the release of OoW this will change...there will be a lot of level 70 beastlords who can easily get access to this spell, and will still need to cast IoS, and now it's gone.

If they'd changed it early on in GoD that's fine.

If they didn't change it at all that would have been fine now.

To change it just as OoW comes out is just stupid...those who need it will finally have access to it and now it's gone.
Terjyn, Retired Feral Lord on the Povar Server

CillianFV

Best thing to do now to keep all beastlords happy would be to lobby for an IoS upgrade in our (somewhat lacking) OoW spell line up.
Wildcaller Cillian Stonefang
Feral Lord of 65 Seasons

Katonis

IMO it makes sense to add it as a lower OoW spell.  We had three taken out, one of which was level 66 I think.  Stat caps can now signifcantly be raised again in OoW so it makes sense for the spell now where as it did not in GoD.  I would propose just adding it as a level 66 spell. =)

Kat

Moonchaser

QuoteActually, with the release of OoW this will change...there will be a lot of level 70 beastlords who can easily get access to this spell

I dosagre...even at lvl 70, Tipt will be VERY challenging...so this spell will not be easy to get

BloodCelt

well, I am from a small guild that has to do a lot of creative roles to take out content.  We are very short on Shamen, and when the current single shaman cannot make it on, it falls to the beastlord (or on the rare occasion, beastlordS) to be the buffers.  I have been drooling over getting a group IoS for a long time, and we had been working to get said spell to help shorten the buff time.

I was very dissipointed to see it taken out.  To the majority of the beastlords here, it was a useless spell, particulary if you are in a more populated high tier guild with plenty of shaman and everyone working the standard roles.

BC
TMS's BeastTank.
[FONT COLOR=yellow]
Ironcelt McClain - Feral Lord - <The Mercenary Syndicate> The Rathe Server

Tumling

I personally used group IoS a lot when grouping. Especially in GoD since it's important with a wellbalanced group and the beasty slow along with dps and manaregen is usually worth more than a shammy. My guild is just about to enter EP as a raidforce and you find very few who have capped stats.

TerjynPovar

Quote from: Moonchaser
QuoteActually, with the release of OoW this will change...there will be a lot of level 70 beastlords who can easily get access to this spell

I dosagre...even at lvl 70, Tipt will be VERY challenging...so this spell will not be easy to get

I seriously think you underestimate mudflation or something.

No content in the game has ever been non-trivial given 5 extra levels to try it.  And Tipt isn't that hard...it's not like you are talking Tacvi or something.

TerjynPovar

Actually, let me change my statement.

No content that early in an expansion has ever been non-trivial just given the better gear from the future expansion, much less better gear *and* five levels.

Essant

Quote(the weird part is that it will probably be easier to get the 67 heal than the GoD one)

LMAO .. it WAS!

First rune I scored in Omens was a Lesser Rune so it turned into Muada's Mending .. its REALLY nice.  I dont even have all my PoP healing aa's done yet and i can crit heal for 1577 with this thing.  I like it a lot.

Only GoD spells ive scored so far have been Trushar's Frost and the poison dot spell (forget the name).

Would prefer a group IoS actually, but alas, still trying to score a Jelki in KT sometime heh.
Elder Essant Le'Fur
70 Vah Shir Beastlord of the Rathe
Brotherhood of the Spider
My Stuff!

Aneya

Quote from: EssantOnly GoD spells ive scored so far have been Trushar's Frost and the poison dot spell (forget the name).

Um that is like half the GoD spells, and considering that the 4th is an ancient line spell there really only 3 spells commonly available.

I have TS/IOS and TF. I wish I had TB. On the other hand I'll probably get that lvl 66 Dot fairly soon and SG will go lt blue or Green on me soon.
EQ Aneya 70 Beastlord Tarew Marr
EQ2 Evalin Swashbuckler Mistmoore

Sharrien

I was looking forward to the group IoS spell.  I still can't believe the short sightedness that changed it to a heal spell outclassed by the far easier to get OoW spell.
Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden
Maelin Starpyre

Skarx

omg if they didnt change it our OOW spell heal would have been shit.. Would have been what the GOD heal is... The change was great.... i like haveing the 667th heal where it is now.. instead of some odd 200hps less or so.. which would be a joke and insult to us..
Pink,Lord Skarx - 65 - Beastlord - Luclin