Main Menu

Excellent XP for the 39 and up Beasty

Started by Keelo Graeham, January 06, 2004, 04:45:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keelo Graeham

I'm sure you all know about it, but I've found the XP in The Overthere is by far and large the best and fastest I can get at level 40. The new warder tears up DB mobs and there are a TON of them to kill. I average 1+ % per kill, don't really know the exacts at level 40. I'm planning to stay here as long as I can get 1% at least.

If you have any ideas that would be better, please feel free ^_^

Also, if you can, check out my gear and see if it's worthy of a level 40 Beastlord. I've got a 55 Paladin doing the killing for the items, so if possible, keep it in that level range. I don't really like buying items.

http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=875263 (don't know how to make a link)
Keelo Graeham - 60th - Savage Lord - Brell Serilis

Hereki

I can't read Magelo's on the computer I post from, which probably saves me from a great deal of potential posts.

But, beastlords are the least gear dependent melee class.  Our dps has three components: our own melee, our spell casting, and our warder.  Warder is unaffected by gear, spell casting has very little impact from gear, and our melee output is (at these levels) about 1/3 of the total.

So whatever gear you have, it doesn't make all that much difference.

Exp per kill isn't very important; what matters is exp/time.  I recall that I was getting a level in about 3 hours in Jaggedpine on basilisks; I have seen people claim faster exp on cave yetis in Dreadlands.

Nuknuk

Went to the Gunthak beach at 39, and left at about 44.  Nice re-pop rate, slowable mobs, and spread out fairly nice.  In addition it boosted my def skills, which has made a big difference now that im 56.

Nuk
Nuknuk    - 56 Troll Beastlord (Brell)
Ginasye    - 58 Woodelf Rogue (Brell)
Binkkie    - 50 Hafling Druid (Brell)
Tuvenea    - 30 Dwarf Cleric (Brell)

Leoden

I have just taken a look at your Magelo and the AC and ATK are very low.  My BST although slightly twinked has buffed AC and ATK of about 750.

http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=684180

TheOriginalGronker

Quote from: Keelo GraehamI'm sure you all know about it, but I've found the XP in The Overthere is by far and large the best and fastest I can get at level 40. The new warder tears up DB mobs and there are a TON of them to kill.
I remember OT being fairly pitiful at that level because of all the competition in that zone.  Now, its pretty much empty leaving you with tons of mobs.  And cats dont aggro BSTs there ... which is helpful.  After I hit 39 I was surprised at how easy it was to basically run around the zone (not pulling from the zone walls) and kill sarnaks and cactii and chickens.  I was always an advocate of "if you find a spot that gives you exp, stick there till you stop getting exp" - I was always used to running all over the world to hang out with my buddies often involving boat rides and treks from qeynos to freeport .. I digress.  

Quote from: Keelo Graeham
Also, if you can, check out my gear and see if it's worthy of a level 40 Beastlord. I've got a 55 Paladin doing the killing for the items, so if possible, keep it in that level range. I don't really like buying items.
Dunno what you mean by worthy but if a 55 is getting you the items, you are wearing what a level 55 is 'worthy' of.  I know my gear sucked compared to yours at level 40 (or 55 for that matter).  I'm level 65.270-something now.  Somehow I managed.

Keelo Graeham

O_o

That's weird, my AC and ATK are much higher than that actually. It's gotta be something with Magelo. Oh well, anyway, thanks for the replies.
Keelo Graeham - 60th - Savage Lord - Brell Serilis

gnomersy

did you insert your skills? because that make a big diff