Main Menu

34-39 Overthere

Started by Anonymous, January 06, 2004, 06:09:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

There are a lot of blues to kill and the book to PoK is close by. I have been sitting up on the left side of Skyfire zone (as you face it) and been killing lotsa mobs. If your lucky there is always a chanter to hook you up with a clarity...I usually go to PoK and get a Harnessing of Spirit from the local 49+ shaman there. I know there are better places to go but this one always brings me back for the easy access it offers.  :D

Should have a link to my magelo on here soon..just been lazy!

Thrashum Gud

If you are a Troll or Ogre levels 34-39 should be spent in the Overthere IMHO anyways.  There are simply too many gains to be made not to hunt there.

Faction Quest  This effectively doubles your experience.  For the entire time it takes you to go from level 34-39 hunt nothing but the Sarnak Beserkers (they drop the needed wairbraids every time).  They are the easist mob to hunt in the zone and you can easily kite them to the nearest zone edge (if you don't know how to kite this is THE time to learn).

With a SoW on you and your pet you can easily run anywhere in the zone you wish and pull only those mobs you want.  Only the cocktrices and sarnaks will aggro (unless you are foolish enough to adventure into the huge canyon) and they have a pitiful aggro radius.  The Beserkers are most plentiful in the SW section of the zone between the Skyfire and Frontier Mt Zones and the mudpit near the road is a fine place to locate them.  DON'T pull the knights, you can beat them but your downtime will be easily doubled, pull only the beserkers and you will hunt more, sit less.

Add to this that you have a bank, trainer, and merchants in the same outpost that you are raising faction with and the reasons for hunting here look better and better, of course add in this handy little item...

Worker Sledgemallet which you get by doing this quest The New Worker

Of course the only way to do the quest is to be amiable to the outpost (you will be if you hunt those bezerkers and do the quest from 34-39) and THIS is why it makes all the sense in the world to hunt here as a Troll or an Ogre.    If you can get something of use for free (ok it costs you a jade) AND get nearly double experience while achieving the goal it's worth doing.  I STILL see a noticeable gain in experience when I did the warbraid quest at lvl 42.  

Safe journeys.

GurBur

NoxCruor

I've done this quest in the past on my main.  Only real question I have, is can a Vah Shir do this quest right off the bat?  Or do you need to have illusion of troll slapped on you until your faction improves?
Khillarri
Dark Beastlord Outcast of Shar Vahl
Sworn Protector of the Nox`Cruor Clan
~Hidden within the night, we follow our Prey.  Surrounded by the darkness we seek our retribution.  Over the centuries, you came for us and sought our destruction after learning the truth.  Now, we come for you and seek your death after centuries of torture.~  Orionus Nox`Cruor

Dakat

In my experience of playing one of those enchanters mentioned previously, illusions never worked to hide from the guards. I was a High Elf Enchanter at the time with Dark Elf illusion on.

As for exp in the zone, it has always been good to me.  I've put 8 or 9 characters though that place.  Recommend staying away from Skyfire zone though. If you are not evil aligned.  Head right from FM ledge and go all the way down to the tower.  There are 4 or 5 Sarnaks in the tower, static spawns, and all the roamers your heart will be contented with.  I can usually make 35 to 39 in a 4 day period at the tower, soloing.

Hereki

That would be because your enchanter had a deity.  Agnostic enchanter with DE illusion is prefectly safe there.

TerjynPovar

And, furthermore, Agnostic Vah Shir who'd never lowered VS faction(IE, me) was also Apprehensive there under Dark Elf, Ogre, and Troll illusions, and was Dubious under Erudite illusion.
Terjyn, Retired Feral Lord on the Povar Server

Tarzzan

I tried OT last night. I am a moderatly twinked 34 BL. One of these days I will do a magelo and figure out how to link it to a sig. I do not know if i was doing something wrong. I had Temp on me and mage summoned item such as mask belt and 2 weapons for my pet. I found that the mobs even blue were doing max hits of mid 70s to me and my pet.  My ac is around 610 without buffs and my atk is somewhere around there also. I was fighting Berserkers and even DB cactus all were hitting about the same. I was tanking and bowing out and clericing my pet when I got low on hps. Is that the normal damage range for those mobs?
Tarzzan Earlofgreystoke
53 Beastlord
Bertoxx
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=989308

Mindlet

Its been a while since I was in OT but that sounds about right.

Logato

I have started hunting here at lvl 31 and would like to know where to find the heaviest concentrations of berserkers. Right now, i am soloing at the southern edge of the outpost, near the two gargoyles, so they can help me if something agroes.

Xarilok

I found OT to be too hard in the 30s and perfect in the 40s, when some was LB there.  44-46 flew by here, since I could kill so fast and nothing (other than goons) could touch me.

Frontier Mountains was FAR better for the 30s.
Venerable Xarilok Loungelizard - 62 Beastlord and Cat-Hater extrordinaire.

Hereki

Agreed, OT isn't good for low 30s unless grouped.

If you want berzerkers, there are two spots - wandering around the mudhole close to the Skyfire exit, and static in the building just north of the Frontier Mountains exit.  The building also spawns higher sarnaks, so it isn't advisable until your 40s.

Logato

I've never tried Frontier Mountains. Where abouts in FM would you suggest, for soloing?

Hereki

There's only really one spot at that level - the giant fort.  The ex-Nurga goblin cave is too high and too densely packed until much later.

Logato

I found a 41 warrior to group with at the SF ramp in OT. Being an ogre and having sow, i can pull without worrying about the dragoons. I just turned in enough tails to get from apprehensive to indifferent. I wonder how many more I have to go?

I will be trying out the giant fort soon though, it is tough to solo in OT when I can't find people to group with.