Main Menu

Epic 1.5?

Started by Shadowpaw, September 14, 2004, 06:53:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadowpaw

How does Epic 1.5 work? It's the same as Epic 2.0 but weaker? It's part of the quest? Apparently these are supposed to be attainable by non-ubers, but the 2.0 is uber only? Anyone know how this works?
Shadowclaw Grimwhisker
General of the Khati Sha
Level 68/33AA, VT
200 Baking, 200 Brewing, 200 Fletching
[Stoic] / Povar

Rhaynne

The 1.5 is part of the 2.0.  Basically it's a midpoint reward that you can stop at if you like or don't have the resources to continue.

Yiktiki

So does that mean that it is the Epic 2.0 that non-raiders can get?   That would be nice at least.  An epic for both play styles.
Starlighte - Tauren Druid - Level 70
Misscreant - Blood Elf Warlock - Level 70
Kilrogg Server

RETIRED
Elder Yiktiki Tumbo - Feral Lord
Starlighte Starbrighte - Pocket Druid
Luclin Server

Oneiromancer

No...the 1.5 is more "for" non-raiders.  Mostly solo and single-group content, the harder fights maybe mini-raids unless you're higher levels.  Once you get the 1.5, getting the 2.0 requires much more raid content, several groups of high level and well equipped characters.  From what I understand.

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

Volsykat

Something that never seemed to be spoken but instead has been assumed, I just wanted to clarify something...

I know 1.5 is a mid-point reward a heavy non-end-game raider can stop at.  However, at what point is it/will it be given up?  Will we be able to keep it until a final turn-in/combine with the raided items to make the 2.0, or will it need to be given up prior?

Or will we not know until the quest is gone on/solved?
Volsykat Litterbox
66th Feral Lord of Solusek Ro
Sun Clan of Warriors

Oneiromancer

I don't think that has been answered, but I would bet that you could use 1.5 right up until it is upgraded to 2.0.  Except that makes too much sense, so it's probably the opposite.

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

Yiktiki

Sorry, my post was confusing.  My point was, you can upgrade your epic as a grouper soloer and get the 1.5, then you can upgrade your 1.5 as a raider to 2.0.  It might be accurate to say Epic 2.0 for casual, and Epic 3.0 for raider.

I'd like a guess at what the ratio will be like.
Starlighte - Tauren Druid - Level 70
Misscreant - Blood Elf Warlock - Level 70
Kilrogg Server

RETIRED
Elder Yiktiki Tumbo - Feral Lord
Starlighte Starbrighte - Pocket Druid
Luclin Server