Main Menu

Combined post of all Epic 1.5 Info (will keep updated)

Started by LyonoThundercat, September 17, 2004, 06:18:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eatbugs

I would guess he was at less than 100% health, then.  (It doesn't matter who did the damage, as long as the mob has been damaged.)  The second try on the first sphinx, I cast seven or eight times on him from well out of melee range while pulling to make sure I established aggro over the Mage - I was never summoned.
Grimgrey Dorfeater
Troll Wildblood
Undivided Faith
Drinal

TheOriginalGronker

Quote from: EatbugsThe second try on the first sphinx, I cast seven or eight times on him from well out of melee range while pulling to make sure I established aggro over the Mage - I was never summoned.

Never summoned me before I did any damage (pulled with slow, added 2 incaps for healthy aggro before it got to me), but I tanked it the whole time so I never even saw it summon at all.  Works like any summoning mob it seems ...

Essant

Yea, that was probably it.  Thanks.  Wiped the first time on the second sphinx and had to recover meself and hte mage, now that i think about it he wasnt fully regened by the time I got back to pull again.
Elder Essant Le'Fur
70 Vah Shir Beastlord of the Rathe
Brotherhood of the Spider
My Stuff!

Meeshna

First I want to thank those that contributed so far.  This information has been very helpful.

Second, in getting the ground spawn in PoD I just want to remind folks that Gryme does have a nasty DoT that will eat your group up if you aren't paying attention.

Third, I went into PoD with WAR, CLR, DRU x 2 and myself (67 BST) and when it came to the spider, we had the WAR pull the mobs in and around the spider.  Because he got agro on her from the start, when it came time for me to run past her to get the ground spawn, she didn't even know I existed, she was still ticked off at the WAR in my group.  This made it easy for me to just walk on past her to pick it up and walk on back to the group stress free.  Just thought this might be a tactic to try if you don't want to or can't rely on an evac'r.
Questing Vah Shir

Alleskatt

I just did the letter handin in WW , i coned indiferent to Elder Diddugu when i got there with invis on , when i droped invis I was still conning  indiferent , so the druid i dragged there wasn't needed to invis me for the handin . I am a Cat if that makes any difference , but maybe Diddugu has been patched to indiferent
Alleskatt
66 Feral Lord and Bob , his trusty( mostlly) sidekick

My Magelo

negrismorte

Zesh

QuoteYerika Sisslak says 'You have the aura of a beastlord I should trust. If Elder Muada hasss sent you, you must prove it to me.'

Turning in note spawns named and 11 adds. Drops Rashara Warder Essence you hand to Yerika. Named mob is a Girplan.

Yerika Sisslak says 'You have certainly accomplished what I was not able to. I must go now, but be sure to take this letter and the essence back to Rashara.'

Any further info on this fight?? WHat lvl are the Adds? How many people needed Ect...

:twisted: Zesh of Drinal :twisted:

Khelindros

I personally did it two box with my mage and a friend cleric of mine. Used mage geared level 46 or 49 whichever level the pet is and put sow on him as well. first time he got eaten. reequiped, rebuffed sent it in again. that time nabbed him alone and just brought him down. no adds no mess. got a chest with a nice BST useable belt. Its not a tuff fight, just have patience on the pet pulls and you'll be fine. btw i had pet focused with dpoc.

Also assuming you have Suspend Minion 2 as well. cuz your lil pet will go down fast. mage pet tanked while i resummoned the higher level pet. good luck
Khelindros Dragonfury <Rising Darkness>
70 Wildblood
FV Server
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=912453

Kroe

The sphinxes weren't easy solo'd but were not THAT bad, then again i have a moderate amount of aa's + mostly elemental gear.  Improved healing tribute plus my healing aa's made a large difference (I think i critted 2 or 3 times for 1659 healed on both fights).

I just tanked for the pet and tab healed myself between his swings, i dont think i was interrupted once on a heal.  Of course my personal dps went to hell but I did both sphinxes self buffed, fights were about 4mins or so for each because I got to /disc prot twice in both.  I just made sure to recast slow every 25% of his health or so to make sure I wouldnt be tanking him unslowed for much (if any).   I let the pet take some damage on the first sphinx to give me some extra time to heal myself and used pet mend but otherwise didnt have any pet heals up.

The DS girplan fight I duo'd with a friendly druid who harmonied the 2 most northern adds and then I pet pulled with the 54 pet (with 9/sv/alladnu/calliav/sow) and got the named single.  He staggered off during his death march and I got 2 adds during this, but finished him off and then tethered off the adds.   Thanks to all the information on this board this all went very smoothly.  Chest spawned after I looted and dropped some caster 105hp sleeves, so wasnt a total waste of time for my buddy.

Wreckers - Bertoxxulous - Saryrn

Zanai

Just done epic upto final fight ... soloed everything except Sphinxes and Girplan (half elemental/half ornate equipped)

Was wondering about the final fight how many people needed and what lvl of equipment? heard some rumours that needed 30 time/qvic equipped people now is this true?
Primalist Zanai 70 Wildblood - Mortalis - Venril Sathir
Duke Weephil Muffinmann 65 Archon - Dragons Passion -Cazic Thule

Vidyne

If you fight the fight stand up, you will need 5 9k+ Knights/warriors and one 10k+ warrior, 6 clerics, a few spot healers, Massive ranged dps, etc...

Most with less than 30 ppl fail.

The tanks have to be top notch if going offtanking for Final Fight, the dps can be whatever... as long as tehy have their nukes/arrows strong as they can get them.

It can be done with about 3 groups if you use the Extreme FD pulling strat and get the Animist solo.

However none of this will matter, as next patch day everything changes....   a new version of the fight is currently on test.

Novello

Hi guys. I have a question.

I got the letter from Rashara (Part 5) and headed to try and kill Griplan in Draniks scar with guildies.

As we didnt have enough peeps we failed to kill him and so ive lost my letter to give to Yerika Sisslak to respawn Griplan.

I have gone back to Muada and then to Jp but Rashara never is up - am I doing something wrong here? How do I get another letter from her please? Any ideas??

Thanks in advance

Vidyne

Novello

Thanks VIDYNE i GUESSED THAT BUT SHE DOESNT SEEM TO BE UP AGAIN ATM LOL tWO DAYS RUNNING i HAVE CHECKED AT VARIOUS TIMES WITHOUT ANY LUCK!

Vidyne

am sorry, didnt mean to seem angry in my post or smart.... was just trying to help.