Main Menu

How to find the Animist in CT (screenshots)

Started by Kebrarn, September 17, 2004, 11:18:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kebrarn

Well first off a beastlord and I went and attempted to fight into the temple, but theres so many healers and see invis mobs that things get out of control reall quickly.  After a few deaths and alot of trains to zone I tried to figure out something better.

First off the Animist is at the very top of the temple in CT.  To make things worse, some lizards randomly see invis and others don't.  So you'll have to do alot of conning and hugging walls to get to the entrance to the temple.

Anyways, once you get to the backside of the temple where the entrance is.  Your gonna wanna run up the ramp area nexto the stairs as show in this picture:

You'll also notice that all of the rest of the ramps are slightly slanted.  You can basicly run from one to the other after that.  

Make sure you con the mobs you are running over becaus they can see invis and will follow up to the top of the temple.  CR up top is a pain in the butt to say the least.  

Finally when you are at the top, you wanna look down and you'll see a a few pools of water.

In one of the pools, you'll find Ikpug Giblod swimming in the water.  Hand him the note and you'll be done.  

Hopefully this helps some people out.  Lots were asking how to do this in the channel so I figured I'd post how I did it.
Wildcaller Kebrarn  ~ 70th Wildblood
The Folk of Fennin Ro

Ukator Iceblood

Ukator Iceblood and Wolf
70 Beastlord

Kator Kerrath
Berserker

Tunare's Benevolence
Xegony

Gatito

Did you find that you needed to kill anything to get to him or did a combo of invis and hugging walls get you to him without having to engage anything?

And thanks a bunch for the info!
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=220421>Gatito Vicioso
67 Beastlord of Prexus
Alliance of the Griffin

Kebrarn

Quote from: GatitoDid you find that you needed to kill anything to get to him or did a combo of invis and hugging walls get you to him without having to engage anything?

And thanks a bunch for the info!
Not killing required.  Just need invis, wall hugging and a bit of luck when you are running on top of mobs.  If one agros then you better run to zone.
Wildcaller Kebrarn  ~ 70th Wildblood
The Folk of Fennin Ro

Ogee

I used a necro . Got the necro up to the spawn . Killed bst then summoned his corpse and did the turn in  .

Zentrel

To run from one to the other do you need levi or can it be done w/o levi?

Yzak

I found this alot more difficult than it sounded in the original post!
Wildcaller Yzak
Drinal Marr

Eatbugs

It didn't sound that easy in the original post, either :P
Grimgrey Dorfeater
Troll Wildblood
Undivided Faith
Drinal

Nusa

Levitate + Invis + Sneak (I'm a Vah Shir) got me there without incident. Now I'm waiting for him to respawn...

edit...popped after 35 mins.

I was able to levitate/invis, swim up the center column (it's narrow, but doable), float off the temple and run to the exit. I had port devices, just decided to do it the hard way.

Sempai

I was able to 2 box my way up there with my druid bot, fought all the way. Too many see invis and the fighting was just safer for me. Only had one close call at the top when I got 3 mobs unexpectedly.

Now, since I was ragged on before, check my gear before you try this yourself. It is doable with a small group or 2 box, but you will need some serious gear. Oh, and the first mob stole my c3, which did not help.

The guide was very helpful, as I was able to figure it out even though it was my first time at the temple. Thanks for the post.
Sempai
Malus Imperium
Tholuxe Paells

Felpaw

The NPC is in one of the water tanks embedded in the concrete walkway that is suspended mid way ish inside the temple/pyramid. It is the SE corner tank. Be sure you have a way to gate out because once you jump in to talk to him you cannot get out.

Aspro

I did the same thing as Sempai, i invised past most mobs and fought my way for the see invis one, teamed with a druid it was kinda easy but a bit long.  :D

Thx for the infos.

Deiadrox

I had two necros trying to flop in.. they couldnt figure out where to go.. what little pool is he in?

{edit}  I could target him.. but I think the necro fell down one level too far.. now we are stuck try to to get up one level =(