Main Menu

Wide level gap .. or keep close together.?

Started by Et^Cetera, September 18, 2004, 04:45:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Et^Cetera

Further to http://www.beastlords.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3155

I now have a 29 Shaman on my second account (Kunark + Luclin only). This shaman is currently paired with my 32 Ranger and working quite well togeter. Slowly but surely. They are gaining exp and levels fairly evenly.

I have a 47 paladin and 65 BST and my question is this:

Should I group her with the Paladin as soon as she can (IE 32) or leave her grouped with the ranger untill 40 or so?

Similarly, Should I group her with the BST at 43 or leave her with the paladin until 50+?

Is there a benefit in keeping the levels in a duo close together or wide apart?

A few points I see being relevent:
Shaman spells being redundant while grouped with BST until 49+.
Trying to slow deep red con mobs to 32 while being DB to a 47 pally will cause problems (once grouped with BST it doesnt matter).
Slower kill rate with lower level tank and less DPS.?

Many thanks.

PS - tried levelling up a magician, which might work very well with the BST, was kinda hard work to level with the Ranger and Paladin I already had.
Cailus EtCetera with her trusty side kick Elllerton
Always lost, somewhere on AB.

Hereki

"Should"?  and "benefit"?  That all depends what you are trying to do.

If you just want to PL the shaman, then group them with the higher character to benefit from their kill rate while killing mobs around the same level as the shaman.

If you want to have fun as a duo and progress both characters - group with characters of the same level.

Finally, if you want to power level, you can do it with lots of different classes; but raise up a druid, ideally to 49, but even a level 19 druid can boost any other class up to 30 trivially (by healing and DS from outside the group in Paludal and at the needlites).