Main Menu

The Idiot with the MQable Item

Started by Dorrogtr T`A, September 18, 2004, 08:02:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dorrogtr T`A

Well, I'll explain how my past 2 days went. (The medallions are for the VP key quest)

Day 1

I go to Trakanon's Teeth and camp "pained soul" for about 2 hours and got him to pop. Kill him, loot medallion.

I then decide to head down to the Dreadlands and kill the "rotting skeleton" camp him for 2 hours, he pops. Kill him, loot medallion.

After killing those two, I go to Kaesora library and nab the groundspawn, head to Swamp of No Hope, grab the groundspawn, then complete the Burnished Wooden Stave quest and receive the medallion from the Iksar NPC in Warsliks Woods.

I decide to call it a day right here.

Day 2 (The Sad Ending)

I decide to finish up my VP key. So I ran to Firiona Vie, ask a Cleric to cast Sense Undead, guess who's up? "an ancient Jarsath" Kill him, loot medallion.

Then from there I run to Lake of Ill Omen hoping I can find "a bloodgill marauder" up, since he's an 8 hour spawn and they put a mob that hits for 1800 or some crap RIGHT inside Veksar. He was up! Kill him, loot medallion.

Now I run to Karnor's Castle to get another piece. I ran around for 45 minutes and finally found Verix Kylox's remains. Kill him, loot medallion.

I ran to Chardok to give Niblek his two gems, a Ruby and a Black Sapphire. I completed the quest and got ALL of my medallions.

I auction for a Trakanon's Tooth MQ and a guy said he'll sell me it for 10k. I was interested. So we head down to Trakanon's Teeth at the Emperor Ganak cave area.  

He says it was OK to turn in my medallions, he was wrong. After I turned them in, I see this:

That's how my day went, how about yours?  :oops:

Grymlok

Ow.  I was worried about that happening to me as well, when I bought my MQ.  50k was a solid chunk of change to lose.  All I can say is, make certain the person is from a fairly reputable guild, and hope for the best.  Unfortunately, you got the worst.

The Berserker: Foecussed

Gudaman

Hope for the best and petition saying the emp dude ate your medalions they should beable to check and make sure you had them in the 1st place.

Urim

Quoteand petition saying the emp dude ate your medalions
NEVER, i repeat NEVER a smart idea to lie to the GMs. They have records of what happened and by lieing you decrease your chance of getting a resolution. It also has the added problem of causing GMs to think people lie on regular basis which may be why so many GMs are unable to help with problems, because they think its just another person lieing.

Just petition telling the truth about what happened. You had set up a deal to MQ the final turn in and the guy ripped you off. You would like your medallions back and the VP key taken away from the offender. Make sure to be very detailed with names, dates and times if possible. I have always gotten a good resolution through petitions and i think its mainly due to being straightforward with what happened and having details to back it up.
Maelin Starpyre
[80 Arch Animist] Urim the Library Guardian (Iksar) <Crimson Tempest>

'Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity'

JillieMT

Careful now... MQ'ing can be seen as an exploit. YOU have to do the complete quest to earn the rewards.
Lady Jillianna Silversoul and Cody
71.181 Halasian Feral Lady - Morell-Thule... erm, Erollisi Marr
Faveo Sulum Ipsemet Ascio

cougerofeq

Just petition and get a message back saying they are sorry for the inconvience and to /bug it. Thats all I got for my last petiton regarding a quest gone bad.

Dorrogtr T`A

Gudaman

Thats kewl i'm glad you got them back. What did you tell the gm's considering

QuoteYou had set up a deal to MQ the final turn in and the guy ripped you off

I belive in the gm rule book they dont have to replace items given through a mq.

JillieMT

That is surprising, but I am glad it worked out. :)

Koullyn

They are usually cool about that. MQing is NOT AN EXPLOIT. That is an age old dumb rumor. If it was an exploit they would have announced it and fixed it. GMs will even tell you to invis when turning in things to avoid faction issues.
-- Retired Level 70 Beastlord --
http://www.wowgamers.com
http://www.wwm.net

JillieMT

Invis'ing is a game mechanic. That is what invis is for, to avoid any entanglements that opposing factions can cause you, hehe.

MQ'ing is not a designed component of the game: it just so happens that it works, and is probably too difficult to fix. All quests involving no-drop components are intended for the player to earn on his own.

I was merely commenting that I don't believe anyone who has a MQ go bad is due any GM help. Yeah, I am glad they helped him, but they are under no obligation to have done so.

JillieMT

Bah, no edit button...  :P

Also, I don't believe you can invis to hand anything to an NPC anymore. That was changed quite a while ago, wasn't it?

Dorrogtr T`A

You can still do it. But you'll need two people. By doing this, it's easy to get Zek (Kromzek) faction in Kael. Pull Bvellos to WL, root him, zone out, lull him, open trade window with him, have someone invis you - so you can indifferent. Then turn in Coldain Heads.

Dumpty

QuoteMQ'ing is not a designed component of the game: it just so happens that it works, and is probably too difficult to fix.
We know this is not true from quests like AG.
Dumpty <Old Continent>
Wildblood of Xev

Pheral

The could easily fix MQ and almost did.  There was a question answers thing about this a long time back.  They were asking if people would give up MQ in order to have items returned if you handed in the wrong item to the npc or handed into the wrong npc.  The large major said no so they didn't take it out but did figure out a way to add the returning of items without breaking MQ.

So its pretty much not even frowned upon by SoE let alone an exploit.
-- Pheral