Main Menu

I figured out a good clue for the piece we looking for

Started by Man0warr, September 19, 2004, 12:26:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Man0warr

"Eye of the Storm" could also be Soluesk's EYE in LavaSTORM, going to check now :p
rathe.Battlesaur Robotindisguise
Legend of Marr - The Rathe

Gromk

I am kinda thinking about the center of PoS, where you zone into BoT.... See how it kinda looks like an eye on the map and there was something about a typhoon in the line, well there is a typhoon here Plus some Typhon named mobs, farming it atm, only killed a few, but we will know soon.

Choppin

checked PoS and only found out that the uncommon "hydrolyzed ether" magic lore drop from storm frogs is not the piece we need, I tried to give it to muada
Choppin Lethal
Feral Lord

Gromk

/em stands in teh eye of the storm (PoS center) looks up.... se Bastion of thunder... Heading there now

"At the eye of the storm IN THE SKY...."

Skarx

mabye now we need to focus on new mobs and junk in OOW.. Cause we know at some point epic junk is got to have something to do wit it.
Pink,Lord Skarx - 65 - Beastlord - Luclin

Xanin

I have to agree that Maiden's, PoS, and BoT sound like likely places. Has anyone tried spawning Drornok Tok Vo`Lok  in the PoS frog caves? While I don't think Storms  is 'in the sky' as hinted, the text seems to point to a mob that already existed in the zone ('once surmountable')... MIght tbe worth a try.

Jatrulak

Did the Frog event in PoStorms, killed the Drolok whatever named Guktan at end, dropped Hydrolized Ether and some tunic. Unless he can't drop it 100% of the time, which I doubt, it's not for us.

Gromk

'At the eye of the storm in the sky, there are rumors of a hungry beast. It was once an surmountable spirit, but it has learned and aged and grown too powerful for anyone to tame. Its spirit is imbued with a feral force that must be reclaimed by a beastlord. You must release the savage energy it has absorbed and return it to me. We will return it to the spirit world at once.'

Eye of the storm = PoS where all the frogs are, look at map and it even looks as a eye.

in the sky = if you stand at that spot and look up you see BoT

Hungry beast, it was once s surmountable spirit (obsolete spirit) = maybe the dog in middle south camp? I dunno, but I bet my mainhander epic 1.0 on that its in BoT

Edit: Going to check tomorrow or so when I have time....

Tukash

Well I was betting on it being in the Oldworld plane of Sky or Air or whatever people are calling it.  The Clue said "in the sky" and that would be the most obvious choice plus the addition of the new mob there.  But based on the following posts from alla, he didn't drop anything special.  

Quotedidnt drop anything unusual, was hoping he was for bst epic =/                                                                

0 Replies

bst epic  
Posted @ Sun, Sep 19th 5:24 AM 2004
By: valefar
11 posts
Score: Decent [3.00] that Eternal Spirit is part of the new bst epic. 3rd part of epic 1.5
(suposedly) tho it could be for the shaman epic as well.. will have to wait till can kill and find out.

Edited, Sun Sep 19 06:04:24 2004                                      

0 Replies

New mob  
Posted @ Sat, Sep 18th 2:29 PM 2004
By: NahtMT
4 posts
Score: Decent [3.00] Ran into a new mob on Pegasus Isle. Eternal Spirit. Looked like a pegasus and conned dark blue, dubious to my 58 warrior.

Spawned 2 soul harvesters when killed which each spawned a soul tamer. Same as a regular pegasus.

So if thats not it, Gromk's idea has merit.  I didn't know you looked up the tornado and saw BoT in the sky.  The only problem I see with it being Thangbrand at Middle Earth (as it's called on my server and I think this is the place you were refering to)  is that is a very popular EXP/loot camp.  It wouldn't make much sense to make such a highly contested mob an epic mob.
Tukash - Feral Lord, Tarew Marr

Gromk

Our server has been kinda low on people in BoT since OoW release, only 1 group or so normaly acoarding to afriend that still exps a alt there, I went and ofcourse only camp that was camped was MS (misslde south as we call it =P)

Deiadrox

Vidyne

Once a surmountable spirit....

Surmountable meaning able to be overcome or even tamed?    Trying to understand the meaning of the word.

What could we tame before?  Tame being anything from kill to have as a pet?

Hmm... a big mystery indeed.

Drakh

Quote'At the eye of the storm in the sky, there are rumors of a hungry beast. It was once an surmountable spirit,
THis definately points to an animal in BoT IMO.

Valbrand & Thangbrand are the only 2 animals in BoT besides the bees, and given the way the epic has consentrated so far on warders and the races of beastlords im willing to bet we need something from these 2.

Quotebut it has learned and aged and grown too powerful for anyone to tame.
im thinking this is a slight red herring - simply flavor text indicating your looking for a warder model.

QuoteIts spirit is imbued with a feral force that must be reclaimed by a beastlord. You must release the savage energy it has absorbed and return it to me.
This to me sounds like it must be killed to obtain what we need (its essense/spirit) - theres a chance it might be linked to a mob similar to Ikkinz4 where a Beastlord needs to get the finishing blow to maybe either recieve the loot or perhaps spawn a more savage version?

Savage Lord Drakh Darkscale, 69.70 Feral Lord, <Europa> Druzzil Ro
"You don't just go around punching people. You have to say something cool first!"- Joe Hallenbeck, The Last Boy Scout.[/color]

meestra

killed Valbrand on Xev.. he had nothing.... at 525 est

That was before prior was posted.. nice to see someone else on the same track.. hoping to try the other later.

Deiadrox

I posted somewhere here that I saw BOTH of those die last night with nothing on them.