Main Menu

I figured out a good clue for the piece we looking for

Started by Man0warr, September 19, 2004, 12:26:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krunak

'At the eye of the storm in the sky, there are rumors of a hungry beast. It was once an surmountable spirit, but it has learned and aged and grown too powerful for anyone to tame. Its spirit is imbued with a feral force that must be reclaimed by a beastlord. You must release the savage energy it has absorbed and return it to me. We will return it to the spirit world at once.'

Hrm what about the sleeper? Cause well we all know that it's a very insaly powerful mob and until reacently only on server has killed it.... and you know we should get a kick ass mob like that as our warders...

(p.s. hope you like the humor)
Krunak Muffinkeeper & Muffin
<Eximos>
Feral Lord
Rallos Zek Server

Gurgar

The more I thinka bout it, the more Maiden's Eye seems right.  As stated, it's probably a warder model, which the wolves in Maiden's Eye fit the description, plus this...

At the eye of the storm in the sky....

This might be reaching a little bit, but... what's in the sky?  Luclin?  So you could also then say "At the eye of the storm on Luclin..."  I'm sitting at the altar right now killing and hoping for a rare spawn or rare drop.

a_moss_snake_001

The only zones that spring to my mind when thinking even remotely about "storms" and "sky" are:-

- Plane of Storms
- Bastion of Thunder
- Plane of Sky
- Plane of Air

I am praying this has nothing to do with the elemental plane Plane of Air since that would be TOO unfair for an epic 1.5.

BoT
====
Anyone managed to check up near Agnar? Pretty brutal place to put a mob but i wouldnt put it past them.

Or perhaps the Tornado tower in BoT, not the wing, the actual tower where the tornadoes etc spawn.

We could be looking for a new named dog in BoT.

PoStorms
========
Since this is the Plane of Storms anywhere in this zone could technically be a suitable location however the large tornado seems the most likely place -- pehaps a rare spawn that simply hasnt appeared for those who have killed there already. Has anyone killed the large named bee recently?

PoSky
=====
The only storms I can think of in PoSky are the sword storms which are mobs and nothing to do with the location, other than that theres really no island that fits the description.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When looking at the clue:-

"At the eye of the storm in the sky, there are rumors of a hungry beast. It was once an surmountable spirit, but it has learned and aged and grown too powerful for anyone to tame. Its spirit is imbued with a feral force that must be reclaimed by a beastlord. You must release the savage energy it has absorbed and return it to me. We will return it to the spirit world at once"

The following things stand out:-

- Eye of the Storm
- Sky
Clue to the location

- Hungry beast
We are looking for a "beast", not a giant, not an elemental, not a robot. And its hungry.... which could mean its KoS and predatory.. like a wolf or a tiger.. or... most fearsome of all... a gecko..... omg!

- Once a surmountable spirit
This could mean we are looking for a variation of an easily killed creature that has always existed in the zone. Possibly even exactly the same mob as before but has been stealth upgraded. Not sure of the "spirit" connection.

- Learned and aged
This is a shot in the dark but we are possibly looking for a mob with the words "old", "ancient", "aged", "matured" in its name.

- Grown too powerful for anyone to tame
Does this suggest it was able to be "tamed" before? As in able to be made into a pet? This by itself could put the two existing named dogs in BoT out of the question since they are obviously "tamed" creatures.

Gromk

Ok NE tower, the tornado/wind tower is my final guess. It wasnt the little wolfie that had been upgraded in MS camp atleast. And standing in PoS looking up to the air from BoT zone in, isnt that the NE tower? With all the small islands and bridges? MAybe the named flappy before zone to the acctual boss?

That is what I'm checking next if noone beats me to it! Slight chance of that happening cause I gotta sleep, take care!

Deiadrox

The drogmor fits all that, sigh.. too bad the hand in didnt work.

a_moss_snake_001

QuoteThe drogmor fits all that, sigh.. too bad the hand in didnt work.

Explain please.

Tenal

Cannot Check right now as I am at work,  but,  from reviewing a lot of what has been done so far, we seem to be spending a lot of time in the Old world zones as in Pre Luclin.  

Everything so far has not required that we have a flag to be able to access zones, and everything has had something to do with Velious

Skyshrine???

Veksar???

Just thoughts, but may help trigger something for someone.
Tenal Predator
[/url]

Deiadrox

Well implicated it was previously tamed, a surMOUNTABLE spirit(play on words maybe).   Although Gunthak doesn't meet the eye of the storm in the sky description, it certainly seems like a storm was through there, all the ships.  As for learned or aged, old people seem to go delerious lol.. I dunno, seems pretty good to me, the name in gunthak drops the feral essence which fits "Its spirit is imbued with a feral force"

If you havent read the other thread, Delerious Drogmor in Gunthak(new name) drops A feral Essence or something.  THe turn in to Muada did not work

Caave Monster

There is a chance it could work.  Demuk turned in the piece from the Drogmar and THEN the piece from the PoNightmare.  For the new epics, every piece has to be turned in at the same time in the same trade window.  There is no MQ stuff as far as I know.

So maybe we have to turn in piece from Drogmar in Gunthak and the piece from the nightstalkers in PoNightmare at the same time.
Caave Monster the Vampire Hunter
Troll Arch Animist
<Triton> Povar

Deiadrox

Thats the answer then, the drog has got to be it, i didnt see that he didnt turn both in at once.

Caave Monster

Well we are on the same server and that's what I got out of him. *laugh*

I'm camping the Drogmar right now and I may try it, not sure yet though.  And the surmountable spirit line, that's what I was thinking, kind of a play on words... it was once able to be mounted.

About the storm thing though, it doesn't really make sense.  The fact that it looks like a storm has been through there does though, it looks pretty wrecked. hehe
Troll Arch Animist
<Triton> Povar

Caave Monster

Just got the piece to drop.  It IDd as "A wild and untamed essence"... I can't believe this isn't the piece. *sigh*

Mine took 6 rounds of clearing the drogmars.. Demuk's took 7 rounds.  We believe it can spawn in any place up by nadox castle in Gunthak.  He spawned on far right side going up to castle.. mine spawned on far left side going up to castle.

Good Luck all
Troll Arch Animist
<Triton> Povar

Skarx

mabye something that is UNdead.. the DN mabye something in POV udead camps. or PON
Pink,Lord Skarx - 65 - Beastlord - Luclin

Deiadrox

Has someone tried to hand in the pon piece and the essence at the same time?  I havent heard of so far.  Im betting it is and no one has handed both in at the same time so far

Tigarri

Muada doesn't want the essence from the Drogmor....no idea what it's for...or if you have to do something to it first.