Main Menu

I figured out a good clue for the piece we looking for

Started by Man0warr, September 19, 2004, 12:26:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caave Monster

Mahes and Gurgar posted on the other thread, Gurgar even tried turning in the cap too.  Both didn't work.  :?
Caave Monster the Vampire Hunter
Troll Arch Animist
<Triton> Povar

Deiadrox

What about wearing the cap when you do the hand in heh.. its a serious stretch but that essnece fits so perfect

Bananea

how is Gulf of Gunthak in the eye of the storm in the sky?

Doesn't fit perfect imo

Yzak

Isn't that the story about LoY, boat wreck due to a large storm?
Wildcaller Yzak
Drinal Marr

Tigarri

I was wearing the hat. Tried both essences. Got the "You must turn in all parts..." message. Tried JUST the feral essence; "I have no need for that." Tried JUST the disturbed essence; "You must turn in all parts..."

Caave Monster

Had an idea a while ago.  I'm running my druid to Abysmal Sea to check tracking.  The boat in abysmal is in the middle of a huge storm from what I recall and the thing protecting it are the magical things put around the ship to create a shield of sorts.

EDIT: Just checked Nedaria and Abysmal and nothing out of the ordinary on track in either.  :?
Caave Monster the Vampire Hunter
Troll Arch Animist
<Triton> Povar

Kebrarn

He talks about releasing the spirit.  lets assume we have to hand the essence to someone in order to spawn the spirit that we need to kill.  Couldn't get the essence handed to the Beast Tamer because I'm kos, althtough that make be because I'm iksar.  He was unlike the Troll in WW in that he did attack me,  so Im gonna assume that lead is closed.
Wildcaller Kebrarn  ~ 70th Wildblood
The Folk of Fennin Ro

Furrf

Do not hand in the essence to "corruption" in PoStorm. It will eat your essence.

/waits impatiently for the drogmor to pop again.

Scaledfang

PoStorms seems to make the most sense.... in the very center of storms there is a ring style event.. has anyone tried this event since the epics were introduced?... this mob's loot table may have been altered

http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?id=10844

apparantly it takes about 2-3 groups to do it .... have to clear every frog in the center area to start the event

...just a thought...

Kebrarn

After talking to some people on the kael server whos links show up different, we have come to the conclusion that the Feral Essence is infact the correct item.  On Kael it appears as "HL - Q1 - P10" and the other 9 items already have been found to be part of the epic.  

If you think about it though, the lore lines up perfectly.  From Luclin the sky would be norrath and the great storm refers to the crash that shipwrecked the giant ship in Gunthak.  Muada refers to the beast not being able to be tamed and the ID for the Swirling Feral Essence is "A wild adn untamed essence" .  So I think we can say without a doubt that this is the item.  It's just a matter of what we have to do with it.

Also, the Elder asks for remains of mob from PoN (whatever is on the corpse) , but asks for the "release of the savage energy" from the hungry beast.  We can assume if he had just wanted the items from the corpse he would have asked for both remains.  So there has got to be another step in this that we are missing.    

The Beast Tamer in Nobles turned out to be a flop.  He was KOS to me as an Iksar so we got a Vah to go check him out and he was also KOS to him also.  He tried handing it with sneak and invis and the itemwas handed back.  So we need to look somewhere else for the turnin.
The Folk of Fennin Ro

Siodan

yea we should probably evaluate the whole text once again, i know i have ben trying to look up posible zones to check and other than the ones we have already mentioned i don't think there are any more places. (tho i wish there was a place to get all the lore for EQ so that this stuff sould be easier to identify, like Abysmal is in a massive storm, or greigs end is haunted and stuff.)

rereading the text it does sound like we are suposed to loot the esance then realease teh energy then return that and the other to him.. we might have an added step we didn't notice... this Swirrling feral essense matches too well with what we need to get from the mob ( regardless of where/what the mob was) the Delerious Drogmore was once tame (surmountable) but now isn't, could be delerious from hunger, there could have ben a storm that it Gunthank ....  it's stil speculation but it seems posible.
If bsts are so powerful we should all guild together and in one giant raid, WIPE OUT NORRATH!!!  Muahahahahahaaaa

Ukator Iceblood

Hand the drogmor essence to the beastlord guy in Gunthak? Since its same zone, just an idea.
Ukator Iceblood and Wolf
70 Beastlord

Kator Kerrath
Berserker

Tunare's Benevolence
Xegony

Kebrarn

Quote from: Ukator IcebloodHand the drogmor essence to the beastlord guy in Gunthak? Since its same zone, just an idea.
Was tried by a few, was handed back.  I haven't tried personally.
The Folk of Fennin Ro

meestra

When I stood in shar vahl looking up to the sky.. I see Norrath or more specifically, what I think is Kunark in a cloud cover (maybe this is the storm?)  

So Im wondering if maybe there is something to be found in an additional kunark zone ?

Just tossing out thoughts....

Gromk

At the eye of the storm in the sky....

If it is the drogmor I sure dont think that clue is realy logical...