Main Menu

Gryme is now SLOWABLE

Started by Sigrah, September 20, 2004, 12:59:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sigrah

I just duo'd Gryme with my 66 Druid and 66 Beastlord and found that he is now SLOWABLE.  He barely mitigates it (Your spell was MOSTLY successful), so he is a much easier mark nowadays.  Might be unintentional or a bug, but made my retrieving of the Wild Grass much easier.

Tactics for the curious

Just before entering the courtyard of the castle, I found A Pestilent Rat and Ensnared it, then charmed it.  Then, I cast Harmony of Nature on nearby Lightcrawlers and ran my Beastlord into the castle, bringing the 2 door guards in with me.  I quickly brought my Druid into the castle while my beastlord worked on slowing the guards.  After killing them, continued my way up the stairs to the roof, killing as I went.

Once at the roof top, I broke charm and resnared the rat, then cast Glamour of Tunare on it, followed by charm.  Then, I cast Savage Spirit on the rat.  After prepping the rat, I used Harmony of Nature on the crypt guardians where Gryme wanders.  When Gryme's pathing allowed, I pulled the guards one at a time till they were dead.

Once the 4 guardians were finished, I broke charm and redid the whole pet thing above, then had it guard near my warder.  While doing this, I recast Haste, Regen, and Damage Shield.  I also mem'd Abolish Disease with Beastlord and equipped my 2 Hander.  When Gryme came into view, I started off with Sha's Revenge (landed on second attempt btw) and chain casted Incapacitate till Gryme reached me.

During the fight, I used Spirit of Wood 3 near the start and all offensive disc's/AA.  After disc's and offensive AA's wore down, I used Protective Spirit.  During middle of fight, used Perfection of Spirit 1 when druid's mana was low enough to not waste it.  During the middle of the fight, charm broke 3 times, but since Gryme was slowed, I could recharm no problem.  I also only cast Abolish Disease on the Druid when needed (was no point in lowering DPS and health didn't fall very fast).

After the fight was over, charmed pet was around 25% life, so broke charm and offed the pet I was using, then worked my way into the castle.  Word of advice, I had to hold the key on my cursor and over the door, then type U to open it.  It wouldn't let me open normally, said "This item cannot be traded, dropped, or sold".

Hope this helps out.
Sigrah The Beast
Level 70 Beastlord
Bertoxxulous Server
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=566996

Gospodar

Yeah hes a joke nowdays, my group killed Grummy after too for laughs.... All too funny these days i remember how much we wiped on that with PU raids before hehe...
Gospodar the Defender of the Ages

Erollisi Marr - Divine Grace

Essant

He is?  LMAO.  I didnt even bother trying since I thought for sure he was unslowable.

I scored some grass last night, it was actually a nice fun little task for me and a few members of my guild who are used to mostly raiding and xp grinding.

66 War
68 Beastlord
66 Druid
66 Necro
67 Necro

It was fun, short little strike mission . I actually enjoyed it.  I think everyone else with me did too.  Only time in the past I had really gone into the castle and killed Gyme was on Grummus raids so it was a nice change of pace.

Basically .. clear yard trash, get to Gryme.
Get him single .. kill him .. loot key
Kill more trash
Face to face with the spider .. and run past her.
Kill more trash
Loot grass.
Elder Essant Le'Fur
70 Vah Shir Beastlord of the Rathe
Brotherhood of the Spider
My Stuff!

Vahaus Warder

QuoteFace to face with the spider .. and run past her.

What do you mean by that? You don't have to fight her?

Taiglin

She is perma rooted so nope (from what I have read).

<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=841014">Taiglin[/url] 70 Iksar Beastlord
Nameless - <a href="http://www.foolsrepublic.org">Fools Republic[/url]

Shieara

Yeah just run past her, she is permarooted.  Make sure if you bring anyone with you they know not to damage her though, cause she does summon.

Gatito

My experience getting the grass is a little different than most I think.  :P  I play at odd times so it can be hard to get a group together.  I did manage to log on and convince a group of guildmates to help me with Gryme.  We killed him pretty easily with one group and then my guildmates had to get going to go on a raid.  I ended up just suiciding so that I could keep Gryme's key overnight.

I then spent about 4 hours camping the shiny brass idol in Highpass Hold.  Finally got it, went back to PoD.  Charged Gryme and his guardians and popped the idol for Divine Aura (after getting the key off my corpse) and hightailed it to the ground spawn.  Picked it up and then got eaten.  :)  Two deaths, took a long time to finally get it but hey, it worked.  :)
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=220421>Gatito Vicioso
67 Beastlord of Prexus
Alliance of the Griffin

a_moss_snake_001

Grabbed a few friends: Me, another BST, Druid, Wizard, Rogue, Shaman

Ran up, slaughtered Gryme easily, other bst looted castle key so he could run up later, cleared through, pulled mobs from behind Aramin and dispatched, killed Aramin (total pansy), kited and killed her little spider buddies (harder than Aramin), looted ground spawn item, asked some more buddies for their company (grabbed 8 more people), cleared downstairs, killed Grummus (kinda like killing Aramin + Gryme at the same time), ported out. Took about an hour. We are all decently equipped with a lot of AA's. Beastlord tankage for the most part :)

Sad thing is you still see 72 person open raids fail to do that.

Xenergy

I duo'd this with a monk. Both 68 at the time.
Xenergy SleepyTroll Troll Beastlord
Xieroth MagicDragon Iksar ShadowKnight
QuoteI am guessing that the people who control the black helicopters have something more sinister in mind than releasing expansions to counter other games being released.