Main Menu

Idea about the "Swirling Feral Essence"

Started by Sigrah, September 20, 2004, 01:41:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sigrah

Just going to pick apart what was said by Muada.

QuoteIt was once an surmountable spirit, but it has learned and aged and grown too powerful for anyone to tame.

I think the Delirious Drogmor is the mob.  The quote above implies the Animal used to be a mount that later escaped.  Over time, it was no longer tame enough to ride and no one could re-tame it

QuoteIts spirit is imbued with a feral force that must be reclaimed by a beastlord. You must release the savage energy it has absorbed and return it to me.

It sounds to me that you must first get the feral force by killing the mob.  Then, you have to "RELEASE the savage energy it has absorbed".  This to me sounds like you have to find a way of altering it from the "Swirling Feral Essence" to it's released state.  My suggestion would be to talk with Muada about how one might release the savage energy, perhaps you need to take it to another NPC or, more likely, you have to get a container with some other ingrediants to release the savage energy he talkes about before returning it to him.  Remember, not everything an NPC replies to is in the magical [text] brackets
Sigrah The Beast
Level 70 Beastlord
Bertoxxulous Server
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=566996

Dreambringer

Someone do me a favor and cut and paste the information about this drogmar from the thread it was posted on... cant seem to find it. That or give me a location in Gunthak or what not please. Thank you.

Animist Dreambringer Daywarder - A.K.A "A.D.D"
THE Feral Lord of Rallos Zek
Proud member of Wudan
"The voice of the Wudan beasts"

Kuriosity

I think this is the next logical step, the item of the Delerious Drogmor seems to fit the description especially when ID'ed.

Enchanters have a very similar step in theirs where they collect a drop from a Potamid underwater in Natimbi and then turn the drop into an NPC in Halls of Honor to have it "cleansed".
Kuriosity Kildme
66 Feral Lady of Firiona Vie

Bananea

surmountable doesn't mean it used to be a mount...rofl.

Surmountable - to overcome.

Though, I also now believe that this is the correct monster.

The Gulf of Gunthak can be portrayed as the eye of a storm. In EQ Lore it was a storm that shipwrecked the Broken Skull Clan in Gunthak. Also, hurricanes are most common around a "gulf". Hurricanes, like tornados, have eyes in them...or calm spots with low barometric pressure.

I think we need to start killing in PoN again. That or the quest is currently bugged.

Aeshmal

QuoteYou must also find and bring me the remains of a disturbed spirit in a realm of night terrors. I need to understand what has infected those ethereal beasts of late. Bring both to me.'
Just a thought; Nightstalkers are not particularly ethereal. Is it possible that there is a different mob in PoNightmare that fits this description a bit better? I was under the impression that there were ghost-esque mobs. Perhaps we should kill a few of those and see what we find.

Felpaw

Defeniton of Surmountable

1 obsolete : to surpass in quality or attainment : EXCEL
2 : to prevail over : OVERCOME <surmount an obstacle>
3 : to get to the top of : CLIMB
4 : to stand or lie at the top of

Bananea

In this case, I'd say it was overcome. The drogmors in Gunthak are easy, like lvl 38-40. This beast is level 65 and hits like a small car.

Ukator Iceblood

Is he soloable for someone with my gear? I'm trying to get him to pop now, wondering if I should let clerics be on the ready:)
Ukator Iceblood and Wolf
70 Beastlord

Kator Kerrath
Berserker

Tunare's Benevolence
Xegony

Aeshmal

He can be agro kited, as he does not summon and there is an enormous area devoid of other mobs in which to run. Any beastlord who is doing the epic and has a clue, therefore, can solo him.

If you want to tank-solo him, be wearing Time/GoD gear to have a chance. He hits harder and faster than Ailing Walrus does.

Dreambringer

Anyone have a location or some information on this drogmar please

Animist Dreambringer Daywarder - A.K.A "A.D.D"
THE Feral Lord of Rallos Zek
Proud member of Wudan
"The voice of the Wudan beasts"

Ukator Iceblood

Ukator Iceblood and Wolf
70 Beastlord

Kator Kerrath
Berserker

Tunare's Benevolence
Xegony

Aeshmal

There are two single Drogmor spawns where I've seen him spawn. One is to the west of the steps leading into the Castle and the Nadox zone in the southwest corner of Gunthak, the other is to the east. Both of these spawn points are on an approximately 12-minute timer, and either can spawn the Delirius Drogmor.

It is also possible, though unlikely, that he may spawn at any of the 3 rocks north of the steps leading to Nadox, among the 3-drogmor spawn points located at each; however, I have never seen him there, nor to my knowledge has anyone else.

Be patient; I saw him in less than 45 minutes of camping, but it's taken some people several hours. He does spawn, we promise.

Dreambringer

Thank you Aeshmal.

Ukator Iceblood

Got him today. If any have a high level bard friend that is bored, it becomes very very easy. Bard just kited him around.
Ukator Iceblood and Wolf
70 Beastlord

Kator Kerrath
Berserker

Tunare's Benevolence
Xegony

Greyseer

Cut/paste from Allakhazam's

Another new mob after OOW patch  
Posted @ Wed, Sep 15th 8:33 PM 2004
By: Gryphonity

Delirious Drogmor, conned even to my 65 enchanter, scowls at everyone but doesn't aggro until you make it. Spawns in the southwest part of Gunthak near the castle entrance/Nadox zoneline. *Praying he drops a drum or something groovy*
~The following is an edit~
We went back the next night. I could only get a Beastlord, cleric, and another enchanter, all 65s. I had a dire charm pet and tried to do what I could while waiting for these guys to show up, and I managed to get him down to 87% before he turned on my SoW'd luggald DC pet and beat him down to 1% in three hits.
Anyway, the info you want: Not snareable or rootable, very mezzable and slowable though. Does not mitigate slow (57 enchanter spell Forlorn Deeds) Beastlord called Delirious Drogmor "a pansy" because he only quadded for 650.
Two minutes later the drogmor was dead. COINCIDENTALLY ENOUGH he dropped "Swirling Feral Essence" or something, (and not a ginormous black drum -_-) which sounded very beastlordish so we gave it to the beastlord in group. Just then we get a tell from someone asking "Who is Savage Lord Hunter in Gulf of Gunthak? Level 65 troll or ogre guy, looks like a beastlord", so our beastlord heads over to Savage Lord Hunter, yada yada yada Savage Lord Hunter and this Delirious Drogmor are part of BST epic 2.0.
. o 0(Damn I shoulda got a monk or something to tank, could've sold that essence...)

Sorry I dont like to cut/paste at best but this is some info
Greyseer Skullbasher