Main Menu

Idea about the "Swirling Feral Essence"

Started by Sigrah, September 20, 2004, 01:41:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yzak

I hate to be a pessimist, but I'm starting to think perhaps its bugged.  :?
Wildcaller Yzak
Drinal Marr

Incite

Quote from: Bananeasurmountable doesn't mean it used to be a mount...rofl.

Surmountable - to overcome.

This is called a "punne" or a "play on wordes".
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=993776">http://www.border.plus.com/images/Incite1.jpg">

No bounce, no play.

zmanone

Has anyone tried giving the essence to the Savage Lord Hunter that is Gunthak?

Zmanone

Ukator Iceblood

Ukator Iceblood and Wolf
70 Beastlord

Kator Kerrath
Berserker

Tunare's Benevolence
Xegony

Hayyel

Sounds weird but Rangers have to do specific things to their mobs in order to collect what they need for Epic 1.5.

Heard about another class not getting killshot and not being able to loot their epic piece.

Perhaps its how the Drog is killed or something needs to be done to him?  Since loot is spawned with the mob it makes sense the piece would be on the corpse.. however perhaps the loot can change?

Grasping straws I know.

Aeshmal

In the case of rangers, they have specific weapons (a lasso and a butterfly net) that they must use to "capture" the things they're fighting, rather than kill them. That's very specific to their epic, and so far should not apply to ours.

Nusa

I was able to solo the Delerious Drogmar, blue to 66 and aggroed me before I was ready (my fault for getting to close). About 50/50 tanking and pet-clericing. I'm elemental-equipped level 66 with the 66 pet-heal (heals pet for 3084 in 6 secs with my aa and focus). Poison bounced, nukes landed. Used paragon and disciplines. Drog ran at 15% when I was at 10% mana and 40% health.

Pretty much confirmed things people already tried with the Swirling Feral Essence don't work....looking for ideas.

Hayyel

I realise what the Ranger epic entails.  However I think we may be over looking something.  Just throwing ideas out there.  As it seems we are at a stand still and anything could be possible.

I did do a search in the Tailoring, Smithing, Brewing, Pottery, JC, and Fletching Trade Skill containers for anything with Feral, Spirit, Beast, and a few other words.  All tradeskills are 250 and there were no known recipes.

Thought perhaps we may have had to make something with it or combine it with something to release the spirit.

Chadoe

I haven't been able to get enough time to spawn the drogmor yet, but has anyone tried killing w/ the stupid hat on?  I hope its not that simple, but someone may wanna try it.
link=www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=346857] Chadoe--Lvl 70 Beast---Tholuxe Pales

Fugitmori Chafftail 54 Warrior--member of Acropolis
The spirit is immeasurable.
Veni, Vidi, Vici

Mingo

yah, I killed mine today with the hat on and got the same drop and response on turn in as everyone else.

Kanan

Quote from: HayyelI realise what the Ranger epic entails.  However I think we may be over looking something.  Just throwing ideas out there.  As it seems we are at a stand still and anything could be possible.

I did do a search in the Tailoring, Smithing, Brewing, Pottery, JC, and Fletching Trade Skill containers for anything with Feral, Spirit, Beast, and a few other words.  All tradeskills are 250 and there were no known recipes.

Thought perhaps we may have had to make something with it or combine it with something to release the spirit.

Umm... tried just combining it in a mixing bowl or tailoring kit? Or possibly combining the droggy drop & the nightstalker drop together?  Random idea to throw out.  Fat chance, but meh, can't hurt to try.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

warder5269

someone posted about a barb elder in EF by the igloos Wonder if you can give it to him? or at least it might give us an idea of what hes for.

(for more info on toon its under the epic 2.0 forum.)
Tygereyee - Emarr

Shadowpaw

What about combining the essence with an essence emerald? I subscribe to the drogmar + crafted purification pass theory. :)
Shadowclaw Grimwhisker
General of the Khati Sha
Level 68/33AA, VT
200 Baking, 200 Brewing, 200 Fletching
[Stoic] / Povar

Caave Monster

From what I have heard, he takes the Feral Essence but he doesn't take the piece from PoN.  So I'm starting to think its bugged, or we have the wrong piece from PoN.  It only makes sense if he hands it back.

"Its spirit is imbued with a feral force that must be reclaimed by a beastlord. You must release the savage energy it has absorbed and return it to me."

I think what Muada means by this is, we must release the savage energy that the BEAST has absorbed.  We killed the drogmar and we have the savage energy, what more is there to be released.
Caave Monster the Vampire Hunter
Troll Arch Animist
<Triton> Povar

Zentrel

QuoteFrom what I have heard, he takes the Feral Essence but he doesn't take the piece from PoN. So I'm starting to think its bugged, or we have the wrong piece from PoN. It only makes sense if he hands it back

read back some,   he takes the pon drop not the drogamor drop