Main Menu

Idea about the "Swirling Feral Essence"

Started by Sigrah, September 20, 2004, 01:41:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caave Monster

He took Demuk's Feral Essence and I think Demuk was the first to get it.  But he didn't take his PoN piece.
Caave Monster the Vampire Hunter
Troll Arch Animist
<Triton> Povar

Aeshmal

Another thought; our epic already involves Tailoring, and we have this hat thing that the "uber beastlords" supposedly wear. Perhaps it's possible that the essence can be combined with our new hat in some way to yield a shiny new result that has the side effect of reclaiming the savage portion of the essence?

Just a thought. The feral essence and hat do not combine on their own in a normal sewing kit...perhaps with a needle it would work. Who knows? It simply seems very strange to me that we go and do all this work to make a hat with decidedly marginal stats and then don't bother to use it for much of anything.

Kanan

I haven't gotten to that stage yet, but Muada did give a needle to make the hat with, correct?  Was the needle consumed in the making of the hat? or is it still around?
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Rahvyn-SOK

The needle was consumed, Kanan, I was thinking the same thing when I read Aesh's post.  Has anyone tried to do the hat portion to get the needle and use it  in  a sewing kit.

Another thought just occured to me,  aren't we the only Vah Shir class that got tailoring as our "newbie" quest tradeskill?  Remember the Stitching Pack we were given for that?  Anyone tried to combine the essence in it?

Mahes

Just to set the "what he takes" thing straight:

Feral Essence gets "I have no use for this"

the PoN Nightstalker essence gets "you must turn in all items at once to complete this step of your quest"

Not exact wording, but the jist is, the PoN drop is right, the Drogmor is not right, at least in it's current form.

Also, does everyone at this stage get the starting text when they hail him?  Kind of like he doesn't remember, text-wise, what you've done so far?

Ukator Iceblood

Aye I got that. He talks to you like you are getting ready to do the whole thing over.
Ukator Iceblood and Wolf
70 Beastlord

Kator Kerrath
Berserker

Tunare's Benevolence
Xegony

Aeshmal

Say "believe" to Muada to get the text for the third (most current) step.

Hayyel

Kivuli

Tried combining the feral essence alone, then with the hat, then with the nightmares drop in a sewing kit. No dice. Something else is missing or we're on the wrong track.

Aeshmal

Here's what I see:

Elder Animist Muada says 'Very well then. We, the elders, all carry and often wear a [Helm] of the Feral. It is a cap that each of us creates to channel the essence of the wild through our minds and bodies. If you are planning to attempt to walk with us in our battle against the chaos of the dark realm, then you will need to fashion your own.'

----

Elder Animist Muada says 'At the eye of the storm in the sky, there are rumors of a hungry beast. It was once an surmountable spirit, but it has learned and aged and grown too powerful for anyone to tame. Its spirit is imbued with a feral force that must be reclaimed by a beastlord. You must release the savage energy it has absorbed and return it to me. We will return it to the spirit world at once.'

----

And then, later in the quest, we get this "Swirling Feral Essence." If memory serves, it identifies as

a wild and untamed essence (or spirit? I don't remember).

This just feels too much like a match to me. I have to believe the helm is important for more than just a little prize one gets for starting one's epic.

Siodan

tried to wear the hat and 'release the essence" haven't gone through all the word combos i can think of yet, but so far not working, tho maybe it "All the elders" have this cap one of them will channel it for us..seems like we need to go find them again..or the "alladun/Undalla/aulin" guy  or "mikkily" that we still haven't found.. maybe with the name change on Undalla something will come up on track.   /crosses fingers/and toes/and eyes/ ect ect
If bsts are so powerful we should all guild together and in one giant raid, WIPE OUT NORRATH!!!  Muahahahahahaaaa

Rakraaz

Anyone tried handing the hat and the essences back to him?

Xasyn

Stupid idea, but what the heck....

Has anyone tried to actually summon their warder while in a zone?  Like Maidens Eye or something along those lines?

If you go with the theory that our warders are conqureed/controled spirits by us, the beastlords, then this might be the key.  Try to summon up a warder in the zone and get a spirit that is corrupted and can't be controlled?

/shrug - just another 2cp for the pile of ideas so far.

Tukash

How bout wearing the hat while killing the drog.  I know a stretch, but hell at this point I'm grasping at straws.
Tukash - Feral Lord, Tarew Marr

Deiadrox

If you go to shadeweavers and look up at norrath, Faydark and CB look like they are in the eye of the storm...  Corrupted isn't up on Povar as of now but I'm guessing there is a fair chance he may drop something.

[edit] pained did not drop anythign when i killed it, looking for corrupted.