Main Menu

Warder Weakness

Started by Panthur, June 24, 2009, 12:40:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maylian

Quote from: Codak on June 24, 2009, 08:02:42 PM
My pet lives just fine just keep the pet rune on him and he will live threw most every fight except venomlord can be a pain sometimes if healer cures on accident or something! And FYI make sure the warder is bufffed and get him pet toys and he should stay alive alll night!

Haven't used pet rune since Lethar / TSS dragons and its still cake. We just come down hard on any healer slack enough to cure.

Orbus1

I have to agree, I don't even use pet heal anymore(the spell) mainly because the cast time is too long vs using Promised Restoration, Replenish Companion and Companions Blessing I normally keep the same pet through MMM, Crystallos or any of the SoD raids we are doing atm, in addition to any group heals which he gets to partake of from whatever healer I have in my group...unless of course I die which happens more than my up dieing sadly  :oops:

Kanan

Think there's one raid I'll load up our 81 heal on: tower n-1 (OMM), since the AMV DT lands on pets too.

Other'n that, I'll use promised or restoration or the AA hot.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Catnip_Inny

The real issue here is although yes it is possible to keep the pet alive, it can be a lot of work.  With our pets tied so closely to our dps disc, clickies ect.. it would be nice to see them have a little better edge, not sure why they dont get any parry abilities that mages get... Nothing is more annoying then raid leader calling full burn and pet dieing before i get my disc off... Maybe it shouldnt happen but sometimes it does and that sucks!

Sharrien

I haven't had any issues keeping my warder alive on raids.  We've been farming tier 1 SoD and just started raiding Crystallos recently.  I can only think of a few times when my warder died and I did not.  All but one because I didn't not back off during enrage, the only other was at the end of MMM the raid assist targeted a buzzkill hiding behind something across the room and no one else engaged before it ate kitty.

It used to be more of a problem before great pet hold when an AE might send all the poorly controlled pets off to die during a pull, but not any more.  Am I doing anything really that different from people having problems?  Is it just the encounters are so different tier 3 SoD and above?  Not sure, but even back in anguish I rarely lost a warder to Ture.

Lore-wise it makes sense that our dps discs are tied to our warders.  Sometimes that holds us back on dps parses if we inattentively let our warders die, but it's not that bad.  Would I like to see them tank better?  Sure.  Should they dish out more dps?  Definitely, especially since increasing our dps significantly each expansion requires looting weapons while mages get probably 90% of their dps as soon as they can level up and mem the spells.
Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden
Maelin Starpyre

Mazame

Quote from: Catnip_Inny on June 25, 2009, 05:54:43 PM
The real issue here is although yes it is possible to keep the pet alive, it can be a lot of work.  With our pets tied so closely to our dps disc, clickies ect.. it would be nice to see them have a little better edge, not sure why they dont get any parry abilities that mages get... Nothing is more annoying then raid leader calling full burn and pet dieing before i get my disc off... Maybe it shouldnt happen but sometimes it does and that sucks!

I had the problem of keeping my pet alive in Korafax when I first started raiding it. the change came when I started to learn the events  the Trash mobs are no longer  safe to just send pet in. you need to know what side of the mobs to keep them on and call your pet off when it in the wrong spot.  when my pets gets to 1/3 Hp I hit pet back and let him heal up and I not seen him die in a long time other then tank moves the named and ramp gets him.  Also some of the Named have DS that our pets just get eaten up on.  But I agree the pet is no more a hit attack and forget about him you now have to adapt to the changes and move on. Bst have for a long time been one of the simplest classes to learn how to play they are now taking more skill to play and I see nothing wrong.

if your having that much troble with your pet that your not using him and want him to live so you can use your discs then maybe it time to bring out a familiar and not use your pet  but for me my pet means lot and I do what it takes to keep him alive

Catnip_Inny

yeah its not often my pet dies but it does suck if and when it does :( i have to keep my lvl 50? disc up just incase pet dies bite it lol... and not being able to use my 4 clickies sucks too... i have pet AA heal maxed, and fort compantion maxed as well as all the pet AA's to go with them :)

oh yeah dieing mid fight and battle rez'd in sucks too :) no mana to get pet uip and use the disc's or clickies :)

wildwaters

Denti

Obsessedwith

that proc looks to be too good to be true, let it be true hehe

Grbage

I like the effects but that whole doing 19k damage and reducing agro by 19k/tick thing there has to be a misprint unless I'm not reading it right.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

Kanan

the details definitely don't match the description.. something new & different for lucy and everquest /eyeroll

Looks like an interesting possibility there from clicking through.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Sharrien

I have heard rumors that clerics would get some spells that allow them to dps while also helaing, I suspect this may be one of them.

I haven't heard anything about their plans for beastlords, but Kumbaja's lists a new 83 spell called Spirit of Kuris.  The only reason I can think of that they might give us two warder spells at the same level is if they offer a choice a capabilities.  Maybe one is a tougher tank and the other more fragile but higher dps.  Pure spectulation on my part.
Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden
Maelin Starpyre