Main Menu

Warder Focus Items

Started by Kilantiz Kylong, January 06, 2004, 10:51:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ukator Iceblood

http://lucy.allakhazam.com/spell.html?id=5062&source=Test

Some had seen Minion of Chaos as a spell on Lucy. As of today looks like it was changed to Summoner's Blessing on Test. However the weird thing is that it went from Unknown #167 (100/40/0) to Unknown #167 (100/16/0).

So if it goes live as it stands its just a tad better than Summoners Boon.

Still is this one to be found it seems...

Minion of Discord
Unknown #167 (100/35/0)
http://lucy.allakhazam.com/spell.html?id=5061&source=Test
Ukator Iceblood and Wolf
70 Beastlord

Kator Kerrath
Berserker

Tunare's Benevolence
Xegony

Coprolith

Pet dmg follows the same rules as NPC damage, that is, all possible damage values are given by DB+X*DI, X=1..20.

For an unfocused pet, DB=17 and DI=3.0
For a DPOC focused pet, DB=17 and DI=3.1
Judging by the min and max hits, for a SoAS focused pet the values are DB=18 and DI=3.4 (can't verify this tho without seeing all possible damage values).

Judging by the parse results that Mahes quoted, hit ratio doesn't change when using a pet focus, so the dps increase comes primarily from average damage/hit (assuming the pet's average value of X remains the same as well). Then the theoretical dps increase should scale with DB+DI*X_avg. Using X_avg ~ 15 (thats the value i parse against xp mobs in GE) i get these theoretical dps increases:
DPoC: 2.4%
SoAS: 11.3%
That seems to agree very well with the parse results

Anyone have min and max hit numbers for those other focus effects?

/hugs
Elder Coprolith III
Trollie ferrul lawd of 65 levels (retired)

Ukator Iceblood

Kizash's Savage Heart Sandals
MAGIC ITEM LORE ITEM NO DROP
Slot: FEET
AC: 25
STR: +21 DEX: +19 STA: +20 CHA: +10 WIS: +20 HP: +215 MANA: +205
SV FIRE: +25 SV DISEASE: +25 SV COLD: +25
Accuracy: +8
Regeneration: +3
Mana Regeneration: +3
Required level of 65.
Focus: Ritual Summoning
WT: 0.6 Size: MEDIUM
Class: BST
Race: ALL
Slot 1, Type 8

Qvic armor has the same focus as the CCS.
Ukator Iceblood and Wolf
70 Beastlord

Kator Kerrath
Berserker

Tunare's Benevolence
Xegony

Sharrien

Do these pet focus items affect the swarm pets created from the proc on Savage Platinum Fist?
Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden
Maelin Starpyre

Ukator Iceblood

Gemstone of Dark Flame
MAGIC ITEM LORE ITEM NO DROP
Slot: EAR
AC: 27
STR: +15 DEX: +10 STA: +15 WIS: +30 INT: +30 AGI: +20 HP: +240 MANA: +240
SV FIRE: +20 SV DISEASE: +30 SV COLD: +25 SV POISON: +25
Spell Shield: +3
Attack: +20
Regeneration: +3
Mana Regeneration: +3
Required level of 65.
Focus: Minion of Discord
WT: 1.3 Size: SMALL
Class: NEC MAG BST
Race: ALL
Slot 1, Type 8
Ukator Iceblood and Wolf
70 Beastlord

Kator Kerrath
Berserker

Tunare's Benevolence
Xegony

Lewzephyr

Curiosity question about the DPoC with summoners boon.

lucy shows a duration for this:
http://lucy.allakhazam.com/spell.html?id=4409&source=Live
Duration: 3.0 mins @L1 to 3 hour(s) 15.0 mins @L65

does this mean the effect wears off? I wouldnt think so, but seems odd to show a duration, if it has no effect.

thanks for your time
Quyx Shadostyx - 65 Vah Shir Beastlord
Sekani - 57 Iksar Monk
Aoumin - 53 Eurdite Necromancer
Fulcon - 40 Wood Elf Druid
Loyal Members of Da Hui on Quellious

Tastian

No the effect won't wear off.  A few things have durations that don't actually have durations.  Worn effects are famous for that too, but no it won't fade.  Atleast it hasn't for me in hour and hour and hours of use ever.  8P

Elegantprose

Do any of these stack together?

I haven't gotten any of them yet, just wonderin what ones i should focus on..Obviously i want atleast DPoC first, but do the others stack together?

Tastian

No they don't stack.  Highest effect takes hold just like other focus type effects.

Elegantprose

So if i go for DPoC first, at what point do i want to upgrade to another type of summoner's boon item?

And what item should i look for other then DPoC?

Tastian

Focus items are few and far between.  After DPoC the next focus item is usually in plane of time lol.  You've got many 65 and now 70 beastlords that still use DPoC.  We can't use focus gloves from VT.  The focus item from LDoN raids is hard to get still and most don't do.  GoD has ritual summoning on boots which is nice, but again that's way down the road.  I've seen a belt out of omens that had MoE focus on it that was decent, but again way down the road hehe.  I'd get DPoC and then see what's been found, where you are at in the game and then see what your options are.

Elegantprose

K, I'll be workin on my LDoN soon, as I just hit 50 yesterday I hope to be 65 by the end of the month but i'd be happy with 60 ;)

I'll definatly grab the DPoC and will keep my eyes peeled for the others, ty for your explainations :)

I more then likely won't end up atleast for awhile in a Raiding guild. Althougth its something I'd like to look into.

Syb.

Oneiromancer

New item on Lucy:

Zulaqua's Cloak

With Minion of Discord.

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

Liga

Id say that the easiest(used loosely cause its not easy) pet focus to acquire after the DPoC would be the MoE aug from Ikk3.  Many people consider 3 to be the hardest raid of the 4 but there are 2(maybe 3?) mobs in that raid that can drop the aug.  All that is needed to get there "flag" wise is KT access and thats getting to be quite common.

negrismorte

/grumbles about common my a....

After OOW went live, GoD trials have (as far as I can tell) totally dried up.  No one wants to spend the 3-6 getting thru vexd/tipt when they have a shot at the new loots in the new zones.

I tried for months to get thru it, guild said wasnt a priority.  I quit playing and a couple months later they got a clue as to what lay beyond in the land of KT.

/grumbles more ...